Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2008, 07:10 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,882 times

Advertisements

meh, from what i've read it seems that the higher the relevant degree, the less concern there is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 01:14 PM

655 posts, read 916,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Travelmate38 wrote:

I think this supposed disaster is going to resemble the Y2K event that also never occurred. You've got to be a top scientist to get into a program like this and competition is fierce, there's no idiots running this operation and all of this paranoia will disappear once it's up and running and the earth hasn't been destroyed.
Read thee article and the QUOTE by the top scientist running this program. He, himself estimated there was ONLY a 1-50 million chance that such a catostrophic event could occur. So he is admitting it is possible!!!!!!! He said the chances of something like that happening are about the same odds if you purchased a lottery ticket and won. I don't know about you, but last time I checked, someone always wins the lottery?!? Also, who is he to risk the life and existence of earth at 1-50,000,000 odds? You must remember, they are going to set this thing off thousands of times, over and over increasing those odds. If a black hole is formed, they will not be able to stop it. It eats up atomic matter and cannot be contained.

Last edited by travelmate38; 07-02-2008 at 01:38 PM..

Old 07-02-2008, 03:42 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
travelmate38 wrote:
Quote:
Read thee article and the QUOTE by the top scientist running this program. He, himself estimated there was ONLY a 1-50 million chance that such a catostrophic event could occur. So he is admitting it is possible!!!!!!!
I remember reading that before the first atomic bomb was tested that there were a few people who thought it might be theoretically possible that it would generate so much power that it could set off an event that just kept on going until it engulfed the planet. What you're saying may have some merit, especially when those involved admit there is an astronomical possibility it could occur but I know I'm not going to lay up nights worrying about it. I'll stand by my prediction that it will be up and running, nothing will happen, and they may make some advances in physics as a result.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:13 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Travelmate38 wrote:

I think this supposed disaster is going to resemble the Y2K event that also never occurred. You've got to be a top scientist to get into a program like this and competition is fierce, there's no idiots running this operation and all of this paranoia will disappear once it's up and running and the earth hasn't been destroyed.
We know we contribute to things that will destroy the planet right now, and for the sake of business lobbiests and greed we are more than willing to destroy the planet, creating our own propaganda and acting as though we believe it.

Perhaps this type of experimentation will glean a new energy source that will solve our global energy needs.

I will die anyway. I would rather it be in a quest for knowledge than for profits, if that is the choice, and I don't think it is.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:26 PM

655 posts, read 916,719 times
Quote:
travelmate38 wrote:

I remember reading that before the first atomic bomb was tested that there were a few people who thought it might be theoretically possible that it would generate so much power that it could set off an event that just kept on going until it engulfed the planet. What you're saying may have some merit, especially when those involved admit there is an astronomical possibility it could occur but I know I'm not going to lay up nights worrying about it. I'll stand by my prediction that it will be up and running, nothing will happen, and they may make some advances in physics as a result.
The key difference between the atomic situation and this experiment is that this goes many levels beyond the atomic one. They are accessing and imploding the smallest particles in existence. A particle so fine, many scientists did not and still do not know if it even exists. I, for one, think it does exist. When this particle is smashed, it will, in theory, recreate an affect of either the big bang, assuming the particles involved were the same as those crashing to start the universe, or it will create a black hole.

They acknowledge it will likely create a black hole, but they state it will vanish in the moments after the collision. They argue about gamma rays striking the earth. But gamma rays and their particles go right through earth without even flinching. They go through it much faster then the speed of light. This test will create a black hole that will be isolated and stay put where it was formed. If it does not vanish, as they state it will, it will begin consuming mass at the atomic level. It will pull atoms and matter into itself and once it's density is large enough it will go to where gravity is centered. That would be the center of our earth. Inside the center of the earth it will begin a 3-4 year process of eating earth alive. Funny how this coincides with the Mayan calendar of 2012 and Nostradamus's predictions of how earth would end? Funny how many psychics have been predicting that in this year, man himself would implement a device that would begin the destruction of earth. Will this happen? Probably not, but these these people might not know what they are messing with. Thse particles are what make up the existence of anything and everything. Including all time and space.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:51 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
I have to agree. There are just too many high ranking officials coming out and admitting that UFOs are real. Religious contradictions are the real reason for the UFO cover-up.

just look at testimony from retired NATO Intelligence Analyst, Robert Dean and there are MANY others who hold or held high positions in office that have point blank said that extraterrestrials have been visting earth and the US government in collaboration with other world governments are keeping their presence secret.

Robert Dean talks about some of the ETs being "Mutidimensional" in religious terms, these are "spiritual" beings. The spirit world is actually another dimension. When we die, our soul or constiousness goes to another dimension in space/time.
Robert Dean has credentials a mile long. The things that he is saying is pretty startling and if you refuse to believe it, its because you are not ready to know the truth and you are really fearful of the truth. When you are satisfied with the "present reality", you are going to have a difficult time accepting the "true reality". Its kinda like the movie The Matrix. Would you rather stay plugged into the computer simulation and believe that it is real or would you rather know the truth that your life was nothing more than a computer program. Most people would not choose the latter. Im sure travelmate38 understands what im talking about.

CHECK THESE OUT

YouTube - UFO-Cliff Stone & Robert Dean

YouTube - Clifford E. Stone on Extra-Terrestrial Life Forms

YouTube - 62 KIDS ENCOUNTER UFOS AND ALIENS BEINGS

It's such a pity that Mack is gone from us.

Dean does not mention the 3 types of non-humans that were categorized.

Stone, also, does not give more information on his 57 varieties.

Why are the greys so concerned with global warming, when they are more than willing to torture their poor human victims? Do they consider this planet our cage, and do they get 'something' from their bizarre and painful kidnapping of our people?

I don't, at all, think the human types are evil.

One interesting thing I read - this is not written for those of you who are ready to ridicule these observances and speculations - concerns Alistair Crowley.

These are just some things that others may wish to consider:

People have observed that we seemed to have been visited, maybe a century ago, by the human/aliens who were always as much as I can tell, friendly.

Then, the nasty greys appeared, and for a time I read remarks that they were primarily in the US and Europe still reported seeing the humans.

Crowley supposedly opened a portal in his rituals and spoke to something that looked oddly like a grey (he drew it), which he called Lam. He was on a quest for spiritual growth and knowledge.

Later, people in the US followed Crowley's rituals (L.Ron Hubbard, founder of Scientology was proported to have been one of them) and also called forth these Lam individuals, but could not close the portal that they opened. Some think that is how the greys got access to our space/time.

I mention this because some seem to think that aliens are all spiritual/dimensional beings, well, so are we, essentially. Some think they are all evil. Why that should be, I cannot fathom. But some of them may, indeed, not like humans. So I suppose to us they are evil.

I think the bible says something about a battle, good against evil. I think some of these beings may be good and some not.

We have enough problem accepting races which originated on this planet, so I can understand reacting out of our tradition of prejudice, although that really seems evil to me. At the time of slavery people even used the bible to justify it. If some of us were born in those days, we would probably just go along to get along.

But in disliking ALL we may be fighting against some of the very souls that God sent to help us, if you believe in that scenerio.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:03 PM

Travelmate38 wrote:
Quote:
Thse particles are what make up the existence of anything and everything. Including all time and space.
That's exactly why we want to learn more about them. Of course I would agree with you that if we were really putting our very existence in jeopardy then of course we shouldn't go ahead with it. The problem with physics is that it's so unbelievably complicated that I personally think it's one of the natural sciences that we know the least about and most of it is theoretical and always changing. We have a pretty good handle on chemistry and geology but physics encompasses everything because it's about the basic building blocks of nature. You could look at chemistry or geology as being a subset of physics. Man is inquisitive by nature and I think it's much more likely that this is going to be a new tool in physics research as opposed to obliterating the earth like the planet destroyer did in Star Wars.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmate38 View Post
This test will create a black hole that will be isolated and stay put where it was formed. If it does not vanish, as they state it will, it will begin consuming mass at the atomic level. It will pull atoms and matter into itself and once it's density is large enough it will go to where gravity is centered. That would be the center of our earth.
Well the highest amount of energy I've been told the LHC can do is 1,150 TeV with lead ions, that is:
11450x10^12(1.6x10^-19)= 0.000184 Joules of energy.

Now since E=mc^2 then

m=0.000184/9x10^16=2x10^-21

And the swarzchild radius equation:

r=2Gm/c^2

r=2.96x10^-48 m (*cough* remember plank *cough*)

Boy thats small in fact a proton is about 2.5x10^-15 m,
800,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times bigger than the black hole, that impossibly small quantity is even smaller than the smallest possible unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmate38 View Post
Inside the center of the earth it will begin a 3-4 year process of eating earth alive. Funny how this coincides with the Mayan calendar of 2012 and Nostradamus's predictions of how earth would end? Funny how many psychics have been predicting that in this year, man himself would implement a device that would begin the destruction of earth.
How the hell did you come up with the 3-4 year figure? What equations did you use to get the 2012 date?

Old 07-02-2008, 05:33 PM

Coos, Your math skills are amazing. If someone tells me that if Johnny had eight apples and he gave Billy three how many apples would Johnny have left I break out into a cold sweat.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Coos, Your math skills are amazing. If someone tells me that if Johnny had eight apples and he gave Billy three how many apples would Johnny have left I break out into a cold sweat.
lol thank you but its(crappy) physics really, a calculator is more than enough for the conversions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal