Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 11:06 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times

Advertisements

gsoboi78 wrote:
Quote:
In fact angels are extraterrestrials.
Do you have any evidence to back up this astounding claim?

Quote:
Makes you wonder how today's major religions were started.......There seems to be a pattern here.
Yes, there is definitely a pattern. One of the most powerful abilities in the human brain is our imagination. The only problem is that instead of just using it to write great literature or create works of art we also tend to use it when we're confronted with something we don't understand which of course would include the lack of knowledge of how life originated on the earth to people who lived thousands of years ago. They didn't have a clue so they just made up stories about imaginary gods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 12:14 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
They didn't have a clue so they just made up stories about imaginary gods.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:42 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times
Do you have any evidence that the gods and visiting aliens are real? The burden of proof lies with the believer. BTW, I
think it is a mathematical certainty that there is intelligent life on other planets.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Do you have any evidence that the gods and visiting aliens are real? The burden of proof lies with the believer.
The evidence certainly starts with our own documented religions/history. Countless ancient societies have written about "magic sky people". The ancient Sumerians' knowledge of space, our Solar System, and the stars was very impressive (and they believed that their extraterrestrial Gods "the Annunaki" gave them the knowledge).

The problem today IMO is that we are too arrogant to believe that there are others more intelligent than us that have visited Earth (both past and present). Numerous books and documentaries have been done on this very controversial topic; but we will not see 100% belief in this phenomenon until "they" land for all of us to see.
Quote:
BTW, I think it is a mathematical certainty that there is intelligent life on other planets.
Let's take that belief of yours one step further. Being that it is almost a certainty that intelligent life is beyond Earth (4.5 billion year old planet). How old could such intelligent life be (in a universe that is 15 billion years old)? Imagine how far evolution could take a being in 9 billion years of evolving. Such a being could be "god-like" or "angel-like" to us. Also, the odds are that such an old being would find us here on Earth long before we developed the means to find them. Also, it is even possible that such a being seeded Earth with intelligent life forming DNA then sat back out of sight to watch its "creation" develop; never unambiguously showing itself until its "creation" is fully developed.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:55 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Some counterpoints:

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
The evidence certainly starts with our own documented religions/history. Countless ancient societies have written about "magic sky people". The ancient Sumerians' knowledge of space, our Solar System, and the stars was very impressive (and they believed that their extraterrestrial Gods "the Annunaki" gave them the knowledge).
On that line of reasoning we should assume the world is hollow, given all the historic mentions of underworld gods, gnomes, dwarves, monsters ect. There are only so many places a otherwise unseen god could be in a primitive mind; under the surface and in the sky are the two most logical candidates. "Sky gods" in ancient myth is basically meaningless, in other words.

Quote:
The problem today IMO is that we are too arrogant to believe that there are others more intelligent than us that have visited Earth (both past and present). Numerous books and documentaries have been done on this very controversial topic; but we will not see 100% belief in this phenomenon until "they" land for all of us to see.
Arrogance is assuming extraterrestrials would even stoop to notice us, much less enslave us, geneticially engineer us, teach us, warn us, take our resources or pose as our great pagan gods. I agree with Hawking and Kaku on this one; a type 2 or 3 civilization would most likely see us like we see ants. Granted, there are some very dedicated entymologists out there, but only a ridiculously small porportion of the total ant population is ever carefully scrutinized and or probed, not like the millions of humans who claim to be abductees.

Quote:
Let's take that belief of yours one step further. Being that it is almost a certainty that intelligent life is beyond Earth (4.5 billion year old planet). How old could such intelligent life be (in a universe that is 15 billion years old)? Imagine how far evolution could take a being in 9 billion years of evolving. Such a being could be "god-like" or "angel-like" to us. Also, the odds are that such an old being would find us here on Earth long before we developed the means to find them. Also, it is even possible that such a being seeded Earth with intelligent life forming DNA then sat back out of sight to watch its "creation" develop; never unambiguously showing itself until its "creation" is fully developed.
The other argument is that given the astronomically small probability that a planet randomly arrives to find itself favorable for the genesis and development of sentient life, it easily may have taken this long for the universe to get it's first civilization... us.

Me thinks there is a chance we are the only sentient life in the universe at this time (which would also explain the awesome silence of space). Of course, if there are an infinite number of universes, we would hardly be alone...

Old 05-17-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Me thinks there is a chance we are the only sentient life in the universe at this time (which would also explain the awesome silence of space).
You've been in space? WOW, that's amazing because some astronauts believe we have been visited.

YouTube - Edgar Mitchell UFO interview on Kerrang Radio 23 july 2008

YouTube - Astronaut Buzz Aldrin Recounts Apollo 11 UFO Encounter

YouTube - Astronaut Gordon Cooper Talks About UFOs

This could be a hint that there is intelligent life on Mars's moon.

YouTube - Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon

FWIW, MANY folks that have left the space program became convinced that we were not alone. Here are the testimonies of lesser known NASA employees...

YouTube - Donna Hare

YouTube - My Favourite clip from the UFO Disclosure Project

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 05-17-2011 at 03:12 PM..

Old 05-17-2011, 03:23 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Quote:
You've been in space? WOW, that's amazing because some astronauts believe we have been visited.

YouTube - Edgar Mitchell UFO interview on Kerrang Radio 23 july 2008

YouTube - Astronaut Buzz Aldrin Recounts Apollo 11 UFO Encounter

YouTube - Astronaut Gordon Cooper Talks About UFOs

This could be a hint that there is intelligent life on Mars's moon.

YouTube - Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon

FWIW, MANY folks that have left the space program became convinced that we were not alone. Here are the testimonies of lesser known NASA employees...

YouTube - Donna Hare

YouTube - My Favourite clip from the UFO Disclosure Project
Charlotte, Charlotte... how can you ever hope to come to a understanding of a subject so hazy and full of B.S. as UFOs if you refuse look at it from any other angle besides the ever so shaky theory that these guys:

monkeyed around with these guys:

in order to make these guys?

There is a reason it's patently ridiculous.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:29 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
gsoboi78 wrote:

Yes, there is definitely a pattern. One of the most powerful abilities in the human brain is our imagination. The only problem is that instead of just using it to write great literature or create works of art we also tend to use it when we're confronted with something we don't understand which of course would include the lack of knowledge of how life originated on the earth to people who lived thousands of years ago. They didn't have a clue so they just made up stories about imaginary gods.

And yet, how do you explain UFOs being tracked on radar? Or do you also believe the radar operators just made up those stories? Sometimes denial can be so powerful, that facts just seem to slip away from those who do not want to believe.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:35 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times
urbancharlotte: I regard what you posted as remotely possible, but certainly not so likely that I should believe that it hapened that way. I accept that there almost certainly are beings who are much more advanced than we are in such a huge Universe with so many extrasolar planets. As to whether they 'planted' us here and sat back to watch, that is purely hypothetical. I think it an unnecessary complication, since evolution explains it quite well. Our fossil ancestors were clearly working toward us.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
urbancharlotte: I regard what you posted as remotely possible, but certainly not so likely that I should believe that it hapened that way. I accept that there almost certainly are beings who are much more advanced than we are in such a huge Universe with so many extrasolar planets. As to whether they 'planted' us here and sat back to watch, that is purely hypothetical. I think it an unnecessary complication, since evolution explains it quite well. Our fossil ancestors were clearly working toward us.
Evolution most certainly did happen when it comes to much of our "hardware". However, in the last 6,000 years, our "software" got a boost that is still unexplained. What gets me is the fact that our intelligent ancestors (pyramid builders) were convinced that "sky people" helped them build structures that we still haven't found blueprints to.

Also, in regards to evolution. Have you ever wondered why we are taught that "big foot" is a myth; yet fossils of big foot-like creatures are said to be "pre-humans". What if one of these so called pre-humans still lives today? That would present a challenge for the current evolution theory. It would be simpler for mainstream science to just ignore any evidence of a "pre-human" still living would it not?

It amazes me how pictures of big foot's fossils are placed in our children's science books, the kids are then told that this is "your ancestor", then we convince these same kids that "big foot" is a total myth. I guess what they say is true. The best lie is the one right in front of our faces.

One last thing. As crazy as the whole Adam and Eve creation story is, there is one very interesting (yet overlooked) portion of this story. The ancient writers knew that the first humans were naked people. Today, scientists believe that humans were naked well into the Neanderthal stage. It is also believed by modern scientists that the Neanderthals were actually the first humans. I firmly believe that science and religion should come together on certain things to find out what the true story is. That is my stance. I don't care about faith, Gods, angels, aliens, leprechauns, pixies or any other creature. However, if there is some truth behind any of these mythical characters, I would certainly like to know about it. For me, it is all about finding the truth. Unfortunately, I don't feel that evolution is 100% true. Some parts of the story are missing IMO.

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 05-17-2011 at 11:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal