Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 10:38 AM

64 posts, read 49,317 times

Advertisements

That are similar to Paranormal Witness and A Haunting (Discovery Channel) where actors reenact true stories?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 11:50 AM

22,847 posts, read 28,081,041 times
Well, now that we know that there are Bigfoot nymphomaniacs haunting the wilderness (see //www.city-data.com/forum/49542833-post9.html ), Rob Lowe had better be careful. I can't wait for this show to premiere:

Rob Lowe: The Lowe Files first look trailer

Old 09-20-2017, 12:57 PM

15,633 posts, read 26,126,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Well, now that we know that there are Bigfoot nymphomaniacs haunting the wilderness (see //www.city-data.com/forum/49542833-post9.html ), Rob Lowe had better be careful. I can't wait for this show to premiere:

Rob Lowe: The Lowe Files first look trailer
It's already on...I've seen a number of episodes.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
It's already on...I've seen a number of episodes.
Argh!!!! I had no idea. Thanks. Looks like I have some OnDemand homework to do.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:52 PM

64 posts, read 49,317 times
big foot it boring to me, I don't even care if it exists, Mothman is better but I already saw the episode

Old 09-21-2017, 10:23 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,547,933 times
Get the Destination America channel. Nothing but paranormal. ''The Haunted'', ''A Haunting'', ''My Haunted House'', ''Haunted Case Files'', ''Paranormal Survivor'', ''Celebrity Ghost Stories'', etc. I love ''The Dead Files'' on Travel Channel too as well as ''Ghost Adventures''.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:33 AM

Something I've been wonder about:

As a culture, why do we accept the idea of a haunted house, but find the idea of a haunted car or a haunted phone booth rather silly? And where do we draw the line? Haunted shoes? Haunted underwear? Why can't a empty bag of potato chips be haunted? Why is it always houses?

Old 09-22-2017, 12:38 PM

15,633 posts, read 26,126,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Something I've been wonder about:

As a culture, why do we accept the idea of a haunted house, but find the idea of a haunted car or a haunted phone booth rather silly? And where do we draw the line? Haunted shoes? Haunted underwear? Why can't a empty bag of potato chips be haunted? Why is it always houses?
There are haunted objects. There was a whole TV show about a group of ghost hunters that collected haunted objects. We just had a thread of a woman who brought a chest into her house and stuff started happening. I've read accounts of the ghost train that carried Abraham Lincoln to his final resting place still rolling down the tracks. And Dibbick boxes...I may be spelling that wrong, those are relatively new to me.

Out of all the paranormal stuff, ghosts seem the most likely phenomena to be real. I've always felt that, and I love a good ghost story. And have read a lot of "true" ghost literature. I'm in my 50's, so we didn't have the Internet, we had books and libraries. And I loved Hans Holzer.

And in fact, I'm doing research to try my hand at writing a supernatural mystery, based on an actual historical happening.

If you really delve into hauntings you will find all sorts...haunted woods, a couple of haunted cemeteries (I don't believe all cemeteries are haunted, I think something bad has to happen there like in Bachelors Grove), haunted items.

A haunted potato chip bag? I could see it happening, but the reality of it staying in your life for it to make an impact is very slight.

But it's usually haunted houses because a dwelling of some sort is a common thread between us all.

Old 09-22-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Out of all the paranormal stuff, ghosts seem the most likely phenomena to be real.
What makes you think that? And what do you mean by "ghosts" exactly?

Quote:
I'm doing research to try my hand at writing a supernatural mystery, based on an actual historical happening.
That's awesome! Good for you. If you publish, please let us know.

Quote:
If you really delve into hauntings you will find all sorts...haunted woods, a couple of haunted cemeteries (I don't believe all cemeteries are haunted, I think something bad has to happen there like in Bachelors Grove), haunted items.
How are you using the term "haunted" exactly?

Old 09-22-2017, 03:04 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,547,933 times
A great book series is from a local Ohio author, Chris Woodyard. She collected personal stories of haunted houses and other places like businesses, inns, theaters, schools, you name it. First one is Haunted Ohio and the 6 total more. They are on Amazon to purchase. She also has a website and FB page. Great reading. I've dog-earred my copies to death. No pun intended. I am a huge fan and highly recommend her works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal