Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 10:47 AM

18,755 posts, read 18,021,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Id love to hear how they try to connect missing eyes and tongues with any of the 3 'natural' explanations they listed!

I think its pretty clear, something supernatural was to blame for this, not sure why so many people have a hard time accepting this explanation, it was sufficient for decades before?!!
It was two and a half months until they found those bodies and they originally felt that the soft tissue disintegrated. They did not feel there was any paranormal or supernatural explanation necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 11:34 AM

26,704 posts, read 22,343,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Id love to hear how they try to connect missing eyes and tongues with any of the 3 'natural' explanations they listed!

I think its pretty clear, something supernatural was to blame for this, not sure why so many people have a hard time accepting this explanation, it was sufficient for decades before?!!

From everything I've read in the files/local newspaper of that time/ multiple witnesses testimonies, it was sufficient to convince me. It was sufficient for the investigator as well, to realize that something paranormal took place. But the investigator was an intelligent man, which you can't tell about many other people.
You need to understand, that Soviet society ( particularly back in THAT period) was very much "programmed" by the Soviet directives, and according to the Soviet directives there was no such thing as "god" for example, and there was no such thing as "paranormal."

So part of Russian population was of that train of thought, and part remained normal and open-minded ( just keeping their thoughts to themselves.) Ivanov belonged to the latter category, so he KNEW that something defying the "normal" took place, however there were plenty of others, who were still insistent on all kinds of the "government conspiracies" - the rocket tests and what's not, and then there were others who were stubbornly repeating the "avalanche" theory.

And no, of course NONE of the injuries that those three sustained were fitting into anything and everything the medical science knew at that time. The pathologist ( very experienced at that) who did the autopsy was very detailed in the description. He was the one who said that in order to receive those crashed ribs, the deceased should have been struck by a vehicle, however there were no external injuries on them.
The missing tongue and eyes have set the alarm as well, particularly because as I've mentioned earlier, they thought she ( Dubinina) was still alive when her tongue was removed ( there was blood in her stomach.)
I mean those were the reasons the criminal investigation has been opened after these last bodies were discovered, and not BEFORE that.

Of course none of it ( and many other facts) can be explained with the help of the "natural" explanations.
If that's what the current investigation wants to zero in, they'll have to dismiss A LOT of paperwork in those files, so this effort then comes across more as the publicity stunt than anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal