Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 07:30 PM

1,257 posts, read 884,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I wouldn't put someone who is a sociopath like Fish {evil} in the same category as someone who has something like bipolar disorder or depression. {Which I have seen mentioned in regards to Tierney.}

Big difference.
Evil is as evil does. How many serial killers blamed their depravity on their childhoods, mental illness, etc? It makes a good case for defense attorneys. Having depression or bipolar is not evil ... being abusive and commiting heinous acts is. Regardless of what else people may call it. Albert Fish with or without bipolar is still Albert Fish.

Anyway ... the information I read about GT may not have been accurate, so it wouldn't apply to her in that case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 10:36 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,558,149 times
Then there are the killers who have no evident depraved childhood behind them. No history of being an abuse victim. Come from a loving home, wonderful parents, sibs. Nothing mental or biological behind their evil personality development or behaviors. No traumatic life experiences to account for mental changes.
What about that? How to explain or reconcile how they developed into evil beings. Or in some cases became them overnight. Here I think we are talking ''possession'' and then you get into whether your thinking can support such a thing.
I believe there is such a thing and I believe that certain situations can set a person up for exposure to evil entities and open them up to influence.
What do you guys think?

Old 09-25-2017, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Then there are the killers who have no evident depraved childhood behind them. No history of being an abuse victim. Come from a loving home, wonderful parents, sibs. Nothing mental or biological behind their evil personality development or behaviors. No traumatic life experiences to account for mental changes.
What about that? How to explain or reconcile how they developed into evil beings. Or in some cases became them overnight. Here I think we are talking ''possession'' and then you get into whether your thinking can support such a thing.
I believe there is such a thing and I believe that certain situations can set a person up for exposure to evil entities and open them up to influence.
What do you guys think?
Yes, it's a very real thing, but American "science and psychology" deny such a thing exists, because to admit there are evil spirits and entities that possess people suggests that God and Satan are real, and they hate that. So they call it other things, instead. Cultures around the world know that possession is real, they see it manifested, we have heard firsthand accounts. It can occur whether one has been abused or not.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:14 AM

978 posts, read 1,085,250 times
when i was hanging out with my step cousin a long time ago, something was weird about him and a couple months later he killed his mom

Old 09-25-2017, 08:42 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,010,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Gene Tierney?

What did she do, other than suffer from mental illness?
Agreed , she was actually my grandmothers and my mom's neighbor for a long while , so you can count her off that list .

Bette's daughter is unspeakable .

Old 09-25-2017, 08:57 AM

22,893 posts, read 28,171,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernProper View Post
Yes, it's a very real thing, but American "science and psychology" deny such a thing exists, because to admit there are evil spirits and entities that possess people suggests that God and Satan are real, and they hate that. So they call it other things, instead.
In general, you're not wrong, but it isn't as monolithic as all that. I know a licensed social worker and psychologist who very much believes in the supernatural --- though she is sensible about it. She doesn't blame every malady on demons.

And this ran on CNN not all that long ago:

A man of science confronts demonic possession - CNN

Old 09-25-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
Agreed , she was actually my grandmothers and my mom's neighbor for a long while , so you can count her off that list .

Bette's daughter is unspeakable .
Why is BD unspeakable? Stories about Bette being notoriously difficult to get along with are legendary and well documented.

I will add that I like her, personally. She was beautiful, I love her movies, her voice. She seemed witty and no-nonsense. But a lot of people found her extremely offensive ... so abuse, histrionics and an extreme flair for overdramatics in her personal life does not seem entirely out of the realm of possibility. I imagine she was not easy to live with.

Last edited by SouthernProper; 09-25-2017 at 09:21 AM..

Old 09-25-2017, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
In general, you're not wrong, but it isn't as monolithic as all that. I know a licensed social worker and psychologist who very much believes in the supernatural --- though she is sensible about it. She doesn't blame every malady on demons.

And this ran on CNN not all that long ago:

A man of science confronts demonic possession - CNN
Thanks for sharing that! You're right ... not every malady can be attributed to it. There are specific things such as:

Complete personality shifts. Transitioning from cool, calm and collected to violent outbursts and homicidal rage without warning. Eye, facial and voice changes. Supernatural strength. Sadistic violence ... followed by calm. That's when you can be pretty sure it's more than a chemical imbalance or "the beer talking".

And no, it doesn't necessarily look like The Exorcist. It looks as everyday as John Wayne Gacy. John List. Gary Ridgeway. Dennis Rader. Son of Sam. Richard Ramirez. People who look normal, carry on regular lives, but they aren't who you think they are. Possession also looks like a lot of people who never kill. They abuse, they destroy things, some use black magic or voodoo to curse others ... who soon afterward meet a violent death. Being possessed just means they are a tool, a vessel, being used for evil and Satanic purposes.

Last edited by SouthernProper; 09-25-2017 at 09:40 AM..

Old 09-25-2017, 09:19 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,871,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
That is a strong possibility in many instances. I did work with a few caregivers who confided that they detested caring for a family member who had been an abuser before they become ill. One old hateful man continued to rain holy terror in his household from a dialysis chair. Needless to say there weren't too many tears shed when he passed.
*insert scornful laugh* the victims became CAREgivers to their abusers?!?
OMFG. What effing fools.
F**k that. I wish I had been able to "pose" as caregiver had that sick twisted pig lived long enough. I would have fed her Drano while laughing and having a sandwich.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:28 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,010,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernProper View Post
Why is BD unspeakable? Stories about Bette being notoriously difficult to get along with are legendary and well documented.

I will add that I like her, personally. She was beautiful, I love her movies, her voice. She seemed witty and no-nonsense. But a lot of people found her extremely offensive ... so abuse, histrionics and an extreme flair for overdramatics in her personal life does not seem entirely out of the realm of possibility.
You do know Bette took care of her all of her life - even now , even though she swindles people on her religious show . She also uses religion to continue to bash her . I saw this myself on TV when I was just scrolling thru channels so I cannot quote everything . She cannot stop the bashing . Bette admitted they had not alot in common but tried to do her best even getting BD's son a part to get him started .

BD's first book nearly killed Bette it hurt so badly and she talked about it LOUDLY and alot and not with anger but disbelief . I heard her , anyone that watched her interviews heard her AND she was still subsidizing her living
Just like Christina, a new book comes out when they run low on cash .

My mom was meaner than all get out but I do not dwell on it daily or 30 years later continue to bash her on TV or use religion to do it . I am actually the one who takes care of her ashes no one else wanted .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal