Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 09:32 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,459,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
The Sumerians stated that certain knowledge was taught to them by beings from sky, it was not dreams or symbolism, it was part of their history. No alien had to build the pyramids, it is possible the blueprint for certain building techniques and knowledge of the Earth was simply handed down.

Pyramids weren't built just because they looked cool and it looked like they would be an easy structure to build, which obviously, the Great Pyramid isn't. They were a shape that was specifically built on purpose due to how they resonate with the Earth on the ley lines.
I think they were built because they are the simplest stable structures that could be built with the technology they had. It would be much more impressive if they were building tall structures that did not have a much wider base than the rest of the structure.

I am not sure what your evidence of linkage between structure and ley lines is.
Quote:
The Great Pyramid is built where it was on purpose, it was not just a random spot and this is where the sacred geometry and Archaeoastronomy comes in at.
I do not think the spot is random, you needed a population that was there to build the structure, you needed the ability to feed that population and those that worked on the pyramids and I am sure they chose where they wanted to build from an area close to where they were. That does not mean that there were aliens involved.

It would be more impressive if the pyramids were built in a place that could not support a human population, like the bottom of the ocean or Antarctica, but they were built near where people were.
Quote:
The crux of the matter is the Moderator cut: rudeare still blindly following the outdated history books that says the Great Pyramid was a tomb, so laughable.
What do the non-outdated history books say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 10:06 AM

518 posts, read 1,048,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
You apparently think calling people you disagree with "sheep" and treating them in a condescending fashion ("OK, champ...") is a great way of winning discussions. What's with you True Believers -- didn't you ever take a debating class in high school?
That was simply a response to arrogance and condescension by those who think they have it all figured out as piles of dirt.

I find it interesting that you didn't object to Ramblers use of the terms "crackpot" and "conspiracy-Theory", but singled mine out.

Saying slaves and pharoes built pyramids is a conspiracy theory too.

Last edited by Wisertime; 10-10-2017 at 10:32 AM..

Old 10-10-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisertime View Post
That was simply a response to arrogance and condescension by those who think they have it all figured out as piles of dirt.
So it was just an insult to those that do not agree with you.

I do not mind the insult but that does not counter that pyramids are a very basic structure. If the pyramids we were speaking about were less dirt and stone and had a LOT more open space in them I would be impressed.

I personally am amazed that advanced life forms would travel vast distances in space to teach humans how to make a basically solid pile of dirt or stone with very little open space within them, basically teaching humans how to make an almost solid pile of dirt, stone or some other material.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:46 AM

518 posts, read 1,048,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
So it was just an insult to those that do not agree with you.

I do not mind the insult but that does not counter that pyramids are a very basic structure. If the pyramids we were speaking about were less dirt and stone and had a LOT more open space in them I would be impressed.

I personally am amazed that advanced life forms would travel vast distances in space to teach humans how to make a basically solid pile of dirt or stone with very little open space within them, basically teaching humans how to make an almost solid pile of dirt, stone or some other material.
You didn't take issue with the tone of the person I replied to which was more condescending and dismissive than mine. and used two disparaging remarks...lol

You've obviously not investigated pyramids construction details at all, so I'm not sure why you are even participating. To you they are piles of dirt. You made that clear. Move on. You obviously have no curiosity to learn more or investigate on your own. I gather nothing could convince you that they are anything but a pile of dirt. I've had a fascination with them for decades and still find them amazing and unexplainable with the old theories put before us.

Why don't you enlighten us how Egyptians hollowed out and polished granite to 3/10000" tolerance with pounding rocks and copper tools and moved it 500 miles and why they bothered with that if it's merely a pile of dirt? And why later Egyptians defaced the sphinx and removed all the casing stones from the Great Pyramid to build modern Cairo? You know some of the stones are up to like 100 tons? and the rest are in the millions. Nobody has shown convincing arguments or proof how it was all done.

I'm not going to go into all the mathematics and encoded distances to the sun/moon/earth circumference etc...someone else touched on it. It's there to see and I linked to some useful videos.

You have asked people to explain how aliens would travel to earth, as if we would be able to prove that or have the same ability to think beyond 3 dimensions. I don't know if aliens had anything to do with it, but it's pretty apparent man was more advanced 10s of thousands of years ago and may have been wiped to near extinction after cataclysmic events and left these great monuments as clues to his origins/history/knowledge. That is totally plausible. We may never know, but it's fun to ponder.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
You didn't take issue with the tone of the person I replied to which was more condescending and dismissive than mine. and used two disparaging remarks...lol

You've obviously not investigated pyramids construction details at all, so I'm not sure why you are even participating. To you they are piles of dirt. You made that clear. Move on. You obviously have no curiosity to learn more or investigate on your own. I gather nothing could convince you that they are anything but a pile of dirt. I've had a fascination with them for decades and still find them amazing and unexplainable with the old theories put before us.

Why don't you enlighten us how Egyptians hollowed out and polished granite to 3/10000" tolerance with pounding rocks and copper tools and moved it 500 miles and why they bothered with that if it's merely a pile of dirt? And why later Egyptians defaced the sphinx and removed all the casing stones from the Great Pyramid to build modern Cairo? You know some of the stones are up to like 100 tons? and the rest are in the millions. Nobody has shown convincing arguments or proof how it was all done.

I'm not going to go into all the mathematics and encoded distances to the sun/moon/earth circumference etc...someone else touched on it. It's there to see and I linked to some useful videos.

You have asked people to explain how aliens would travel to earth, as if we would be able to prove that or have the same ability to think beyond 3 dimensions. I don't know if aliens had anything to do with it, but it's pretty apparent man was more advanced 10s of thousands of years ago and may have been wiped to near extinction after cataclysmic events and left these great monuments as clues to his origins/history/knowledge. That is totally plausible. We may never know, but it's fun to ponder.
You may think that these are more than piles of dirt and stone, but in what tangible way?

It is one of the simplest, if not the simplest, scalable structures. Besides the size and effort what is difficult to comprehend?

The Great Pyramid of Giza has flaws. Great Pyramid of Giza Was Lopsided Due to Construction Error | Ancient Origins

And what are these non-outdated history books you are talking about? Titles?

Old 10-10-2017, 01:00 PM

15,605 posts, read 7,473,726 times
Quote:
You know some of the stones are up to like 100 tons? and the rest are in the millions. Nobody has shown convincing arguments or proof how it was all done.

We may never know, but it's fun to ponder.
Ancient Pyramids Mystery Finally SOLVED! Not Aliens

Old 10-10-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:

I find it interesting that you didn't object to Ramblers use of the terms "crackpot" and "conspiracy-Theory", but singled mine out.

Saying slaves and pharoes built pyramids is a conspiracy theory too.
This doesn't say they built pyramids, however ...

NOVA - Official Website | Moses and the Exodus

"Now, what is the evidence? First of all, during this period there likely were a lot of people from the land of Canaan, from regions of the eastern Mediterranean, in Egypt. Sometimes they were taken there as slaves. The local kings of the city-states in Canaan would offer slaves as tribute to the pharaohs in order to remain in their good graces. This is documented in the Amarna letters discovered in Egypt. So we know that there were people taken to Egypt as slaves."

Edit add:

Who Built the Pyramids?

"Egyptologists and historians have long debated the question of who built the Pyramids, and how. Standing at the base of the Pyramids at Giza it is hard to believe that any of these enormous monuments could have been built in one pharaoh's lifetime. Yet scholars think they were built over mere decades for three pharaohs who were father, son, and grandson (Khufu, Khafre, and Menkaure)."
________

"scholars think"? and then it goes on to talk about the "laborers"; then go on to reconstruct.

"In a NOVA experiment we found that 12 men could pull a one-and-a-half-ton block over a slick surface with great ease."

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 10-10-2017 at 01:36 PM..

Old 10-10-2017, 02:28 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,774,781 times
[

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I think they were built because they are the simplest stable structures that could be built with the technology they had. It would be much more impressive if they were building tall structures that did not have a much wider base than the rest of the structure.

I am not sure what your evidence of linkage between structure and ley lines is.

I do not think the spot is random, you needed a population that was there to build the structure, you needed the ability to feed that population and those that worked on the pyramids and I am sure they chose where they wanted to build from an area close to where they were. That does not mean that there were aliens involved.

It would be more impressive if the pyramids were built in a place that could not support a human population, like the bottom of the ocean or Antarctica, but they were built near where people were.

What do the non-outdated history books say?
The lies continue from the establishment. They never found any relics inside the The Great Pyramid, or a mummy.

Pyramids of Giza | National Geographic

Quote:
The Giza Pyramids, built to endure an eternity, have done just that. The monumental tombs are relics of Egypt's Old Kingdom era and were constructed some 4,500 years ago.

Egypt's pharaohs expected to become gods in the afterlife. To prepare for the next world they erected temples to the gods and massive pyramid tombs for themselves—filled with all the things each ruler would need to guide and sustain himself in the next world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
________

"scholars think"? and then it goes on to talk about the "laborers"; then go on to reconstruct.

"In a NOVA experiment we found that 12 men could pull a one-and-a-half-ton block over a slick surface with great ease."
Yup they think, that's it, and then they lie, saying they know. Lots of us think, and there's lots of theories that are just as valid as theirs. Why? Because they don't really know and they're full of crap. Just like in regards to the precision cutting of the stones, by multiple civilizations. Handed down knowledge from a single source, plain and simple.

Old 10-10-2017, 03:20 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,803,941 times
Quote:
The Pyramids are older than known history.
They're not. Even if one uses the narrowest definition of "history," restricted to written records made for posterity, the Egyptians were already using hieroglyphics quite some time before the construction of the Great Pyramids at Giza, and carved materials from that time have survived in the historical record.

Old 10-10-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Yup they think, that's it, and then they lie, saying they know. Lots of us think, and there's lots of theories that are just as valid as theirs. Why? Because they don't really know and they're full of crap. Just like in regards to the precision cutting of the stones, by multiple civilizations. Handed down knowledge from a single source, plain and simple.
imho, that is because we with all our vast technology intelligence, can not figure it out. However, I think if we still had to use labor in place of machinery, we'd figure it out.

There seems to be a gaping hole, a disconnect where as the flow of information between ancient civilizations and the development of modern man in historical documentations.

As the OP asks, 'why is it all lost today', in that no one passed down the engineering development and designs of the pyramids?

If it isn't written information, usually one hears, 'as legend has it', so what no legends passed down throughout the civilizations migrating from one Continent to the next on pyramids?

I do know of one legend in that what I was told eons ago ... those who had a hand in the building, construct and engineering of the pyramids were killed upon completion, so as to protect the secrets of the pyramid(s).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal