Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 01:09 AM

14,690 posts, read 14,832,500 times

Advertisements

In another thread I promised Carolochs that I would post about this incident that occurred involving a group of women having a drumming circle and an unknown number of sasquatches that showed up for the drumming.

This incident happened ten years ago and took place at Harrison Lake which is a freshwater inland fijord in southern BC. The lake and its hotsprings and mountain surroundings is historically known to be sasquatch country and there is even a Provincial Park there that is named Sasquatch Park in honour of the lore and encounters of the area.

On the day of this incident there were 19 of us women that gathered with our drums at a designated meeting place on the lake shore to hold our shamanic drumming circle. This was a group of women of various ages and of various multi-cultural and multi-racial representation.

For those who don't know what it is, a shamanic drumming circle is a spiritual and meditational relaxation exercise that requires sustained synchronous drum beats of 4 beats per second to cause the brain to produce theta brain wave activity. In some alternative healing fields it is referred to as theta wave therapy or binaural sound therapy.

Some explanation about the purpose of the shamanic drumming circle is required here. When the brain is producing theta waves each participant goes into a profoundly altered state of awareness, also known in some circles as a shamanic trance state of consciousness. The benefits of these theta brain wave exercises can include greatly enhanced relaxation, insight, intuition, vivid visualization, inspiration, creativity, faster learning, improved memory and past life recall, rapid healing, a sense of oneness with the universe, increased insight into future events, increased recognition of paranormal and psychic experiences. When you have a group of people all participating together in this kind of activity for a sustained period of time there are sometimes some extremely unusual things can happen during and just after the drumming has ended. This can include the manifestations of objects and living things appearing seemingly out of the air. When that happens, the drummers all just take it in stride and cheerfully accept it as gifts from the universe. We have never had anything bad or frightening manifest.

Now the isolated spot on the lake shore that we had selected for our drumming circle is special in its own right because of its natural acoustic surroundings. There are several small craggy, tree topped rock islands that stick up out of the water in a crescent shape about 200 feet away from the shoreline. With those islands there in the water and the steep mountains and rocky hill sides, outcrops and towering trees surrounding us on the shore there is a marvellous acoustic effect that makes the drum beats and their echoes sound incredible as they ring out over the water and up the mountainsides.

So we commenced to drumming. With this kind of drumming, as the beats become synchronized the drums don't only produce percussive sounds. The steady vibrations of the drum skins also produce sounds similar to humming, piping, harp strings ringing and the deeply sonorous "ohm" like toning sounds that one hears when Buddhist monks are toning or throat singing. Each drum has distinct "voices" of its own depending on its size and the type of skin used to make the drum head. We would drum for 20 minutes, take a break, stretch, then drum again for 20 minutes, etc. and usually by the time 4 or 5 such sessions have happened it's time to quit drumming for the day, to relax and spend some time to socialize and discuss any spiritual experiences and possible manifestations that may have occurred for each participant.

This day, the 3rd session became notably more enthusiastic and louder than usual and we all commented on it during our 3rd break. Likewise with the 4th session, and then at some point during the 4th session of drumming all of the above noted sounds produced around us increased much more intensely in volume and vibration to such an extent that we could all feel the powerful vibrations deep in the solar plexus and chest, it felt like it was as if there was an invisible force pressing down upon our bodies. This was a most unusual occurrence and when the circle facilitator gave the signal to stop and rest everyone was feeling exhausted from that pressure and ready to quit for the day when we all stopped and set down our drums.

But the sounds did not stop when we stopped drumming, they continued with more intensity and became louder. All around us coming from the trees and hillsides and cliff faces and rocky outcrops, echoing off the crescent of islands and across the lake were the booming sounds of percussive beating; of wood against wood, of wood against rock, of rock against rock, of very deep buzzing and loud ohm-like toning and humming, and of powerful hands clapping against hands or thighs or clapping against tree trunks, and of peculiar high pitched wailing sounds that seemed almost like the wailing of bagpipes. All synchronized to the rhythm of 4 beats per second. These sounds continued for several minutes more while all of us women were looking around in awe trying to discover the sources of the sounds and then the sounds gradually ceased one by one.

The setting sun was close to horizon by this time and so the light was shining horizontally directly into the trees and lighting up the ground and understory shrubs and bushes that grew beneath the more massive fir and cedar trees that went up the steep hill sides. There we saw the movements of several hairy sable or black coloured figures of great stature drifting into view from behind one tree to behind another tree as they silently put down sticks and rocks and receded away from us and climbed back up into the forest and mountain. One of them, a bent old female with long pendulous breasts and graying hair covering her body, stopped and stepped forward out into full view in the setting sunlight. She stood facing us, looking intently at our group for several seconds and making eye contact with each one of us in turn as though she was memorizing our faces and then she turned and disappeared behind a tree and was gone with the others up the steep forest.

When we felt quite sure that they were all gone we went up and searched around the trees where the sasquatches had been and picked up some of the still warm sticks and rocks that they had put down on the ground. Presumably they had been using these as percussive instruments when they joined us in our drumming, and we each kept one of those items as a souvenir of a very special and memorable drumming circle experience that has not been and is unlikely to ever be repeated again. Later we marvelled at how the booming vibrations of the sasquatches crescendoing grande finale did not cause some of the big rocks on the mountain side to loosen and cause a rock slide to come tumbling down upon us all.

This link is to a picture of a high aerial view of Harrison Lake, to give you an idea of the type of territory it is.
http://www.tourismharrison.com/files...rrisonLake.jpg

This is a picture of the lake too, don't pay any attention to the guy having fun in the monkey suit.
https://www.straight.com/files/v3/st...?itok=rxLswklr

Last edited by Zoisite; 09-30-2017 at 02:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2017, 06:37 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,188,097 times
OK,I will go along with you.

Let's hear from the local detractors.

Old 09-30-2017, 02:18 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,188,097 times
I went to the SASQUATCH BC Forum. Harrison lake C | Sasquatch-BC - Forum

Moderator said.

Amazing that the original post was made today and you already found it, joined the forum and asked for validity? Plus, how would we know if it was real or not, people make up Sasquatch stories all the time and do whatever Sas tells them to, in their mind.

If you're any type researcher with any grip on reality you know by now there's a lot of mentally ill people in this cult and you have to take most of it with a grain of salt. Head injuries, hoaxers, attention w***es and celeb wannabees, welcome to the jungle.

Unless someone like Thomas was called to interview the witnesses and investigate the area, we have no reason to believe this tale.

Old 10-04-2017, 11:55 AM

437 posts, read 433,823 times
What an incredible experience, Zoisite! Thanks for sharing!
Appreciative too, that not every experience has to be *the research that proves beyond doubt*, or defined & categorized by ANYone else as some seem so hellbent on doing, and is valued solely for being the experience it was for you all who were there.

Old 10-04-2017, 12:15 PM

102,092 posts, read 107,215,903 times
4 beats per second? I don't know how that's possible. And I can't imagine keeping up that pace for 20 minutes. Are you sure it's 4 beats/second?

The scenery in BC and Alberta is so absolutely breathtaking! Thanks for posting, OP.

Old 10-04-2017, 12:15 PM

(I find it HILARIOUS that that certain self-designated aficionados believe themselves to be the *only ones* capable of investigating or deeming an experience rateable or worthy of belief. Perhaps that's where the "mental illness" and "celeb wannabe-itis" actually exists. I would be cautious how much power of authority you give to self-proclaimed experts, Vers....they may actually be the shills you refer to so often. )

Last edited by carolochs; 10-04-2017 at 12:47 PM..

Old 10-04-2017, 12:17 PM

The world's fastest drummer beats over 20 beats per second. Google it.

Old 10-04-2017, 12:19 PM

102,092 posts, read 107,215,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolochs View Post
I can't imagine this. It makes a second sound like a minute. As if time slows down, somehow.

Old 10-04-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
4 beats per second? I don't know how that's possible. And I can't imagine keeping up that pace for 20 minutes. Are you sure it's 4 beats/second?

The scenery in BC and Alberta is so absolutely breathtaking! Thanks for posting, OP.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I can't imagine this. It makes a second sound like a minute. As if time slows down, somehow.

Ruth, what Carol said is true.

Just so you know, 4 beats per second is really easy, even for beginners, even young children. It just takes a few minutes of practice and patience to get into correct rhythm and then the drumming sort of takes over your whole body to maintain the beat. Some very experienced and strong shamanic trance drummers will maintain 14 beats per second alternating in a strong weak strong weak stroke so that there are 7 alternating strong beats and 7 alternating weak beats, and they can sustain that for an hour before needing to give their beater arm a break. I can usually drum for 45 minutes before I need to give my arm a rest but when you have a large group 20 minutes is best for everyone to avoid physical stress.

Traditionally the proper number of beats required to achieve theta brain wave activity and trance state has to be a minimum of 4 beats to a maximum of 7 beats per second. Our group of drummer women are of young to old ages and some of us older ones are limited by physical disabilities, so it's most convenient for all of us as a group to use the slowest, easiest beat allowable that will still achieve theta wave, which is 4 beats per second.

Just as an aside - Thomas Edison was a proponent and participant of this method too, he used repetitive binaural sound induced theta brain wave activity to visualize and inspire him with so many of his spectacular technological inventions which have forever changed the course of history. Only Edison didn't just use drums, he also used rattles, and he devised a method to use steel bowls with steel ball bearings rolling around inside the bowls in a theta inducing rhythm.

Old 10-04-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
(I find it HILARIOUS that that certain self-designated aficionados believe themselves to be the *only ones* capable of investigating or deeming an experience rateable or worthy of belief. Perhaps that's where the "mental illness" and "celeb wannabe-itis" actually exists. I would be cautious how much power of authority you give to self-proclaimed experts, Vers....they may actually be the shills you refer to so often. )

Frankly I don't mind that he felt compelled to write and publish the story to that other forum and to continue in a still ongoing discourse with them. Maybe they can set him straight about a few things. Harrison lake C | Sasquatch-BC - Forum It's actually an interesting forum with some good information sometimes and I have been reading there off and on for a couple years.

The only thing he did wrong was to steal and publish in its entirety an intellectual property that is the property of the City-Data forum owners, and possibly to appropriate other people's intellectual property (photos) found online (since he is unable to provide that other forum with originals as requested). But that is his problem and that other forum's problem for allowing another website's property to be published in its entirety on their forum, not my problem and it doesn't effect me or my drumming compatriots since we are unknown.

With regard to those investigators on that other forum, it's just as well that they don't feel they would have any reason to believe the story. They are skeptical of anything smacking of what they think of as the occult (which is also just as well) and I'm sure they will never investigate it since they have nothing sound to go on. But if nothing else it might possibly give them some future food for thought about the sentience and abilities of sasquatches that they have overlooked.

If any of us in our group had wanted investigators to know about the experience we would have reported it to them ourselves. But we don't want investigators and other sasquatch hunters and their kind of cult to find sasquatches. The responder on that other forum nailed it when he said it is a cult. All of us women there agreed right there on the spot that it was not something that we wanted to report or have investigated since it would be a huge betrayal, a breach of a sacred trust and honour that was granted to our drumming circle by their presence and unexpected participation. The more the merrier, eh!

We discussed it at the time and all came to the conclusion that the unique beat and the variety of musical sounds that so many drumheads create is what attracted the investigation of all the sasquatches that were close enough to that location during their foraging. I have no doubt that it also drew the attention of many other curious creatures since that also has been our experience on several other occasions when we have drummed at wilderness locations. I think other living things enjoy and benefit from theta brain wave activity too when they are exposed to the beat.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal