Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 03:52 PM

798 posts, read 1,459,391 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 03:53 PM

It is basically an odd ritual to a real sorceress. Enjoy... Use close captions in English.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:45 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
Odd looking flames

Old 09-06-2017, 08:52 AM

Default Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Odd looking flames

I think it's some type of gas or maybe alcohol? Who knows.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:45 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
Video won't work for me. Page ant even load. But seems like this is just a modern day witch hunt. Would love to know the back story. A lot of thepeople targeted in these situations are not witches at all.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:28 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
A lot of thepeople targeted in these situations are not witches at all.
He turned me into a newt!

Old 09-06-2017, 03:40 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Video doesnt work...why I even wanted to click on it I don't know.

However, you do know the concept of witches kinda went out of style about the time they learned the earth was round with a few exceptions here and there (Salem Witch Trials, etc), right? Primitive rituals are neat, but your title "real witch caught"....LOL, come on....
Sure there is wicca but I take it we are talking the traditional concept.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
However, you do know the concept of witches kinda went out of style about the time they learned the earth was round with a few exceptions here and there (Salem Witch Trials, etc), right?
Most of the southern hemisphere and a great deal of Asia would strongly disagree with that statement. Don't mistake your own worldview for the dominant one.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:12 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Most of the southern hemisphere and a great deal of Asia would strongly disagree with that statement. Don't mistake your own worldview for the dominant one.
My "worldview" includes traveling to these regions periodically, I just got back from 2 weeks in Asia. I assume your "worldview" thinks that everyone in the southern hemisphere and Asia lives in grass huts and caves? I can assure you that's not the case.

Yes superstition is prevalent in developing countries but witchcraft in Africa for instance is not really what we associate as witchcraft, it might be related to socio-economic conditions and AIDS. Currently there is a terrible problem with African children being accused of witchcraft - reasons being that parents cannot provide for their children so they use it as an excuse to abandon them. But that is a tragic subject that clearly does not belong here because it has nothing to do with the paranormal....

But, anyways, I assume our readers in this forum do not live in grass huts and caves and thus the "real witch caught" title of this thread is a bit silly.

Old 09-07-2017, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I assume your "worldview" thinks that everyone in the southern hemisphere and Asia lives in grass huts and caves?
Has no one ever told you what "assume" means?

No, my point is this: Most of the world's population still believes in a certain amount of the supernatural. The die-hard materialists are a minority of the world's population. And those who do believe in the supernatural to a degree are not all "savages" living "in grass huts and caves" as you put it. Some of them are probably your neighbors.

But belief in witches specifically (and "witch" is a very broad term with lots of meanings varying by region) is still common among many peoples in Africa, Asia, Pacifica, and the Americas. If you don't believe, that's perfectly fine, but dismissing those who do as a bunch of old world savages is a very narrow worldview. At the very least, ask yourself why people still believe in witchcraft in some parts of the world. It isn't because they don't have MTV and the Kardashians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal