Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 08:21 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,796,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, the kid is the real deal. "Reading" people? No. Notice that they're sitting expressionless, especially the guy. He didn't change his expression through the whole session that pertained to him, except at the end, The woman remained expressionless, too, until halfway through her session. The info's coming too fast, and in too much detail for it to be anything but the real deal.
I agree. But couldn't the medium be receiving all the information from the subject, and forming an intuitive response on what he thinks the subject needs to hear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 05:45 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,319,437 times
I learned to give psychic readings years ago. Quite easy to do when you learn how to get into a trance, but what you get isn't a lot, maybe some psychics get more information than I ever did, but many psychics are charlatans and just give general info. that can pertain to anyone or may just tell you what they think you want to hear. I quit after a year but it made me realize that that a person can pick up other people's thoughts to a certain degree. It is said that meditation can make you psychic. They go into trance states as well.

Old 10-14-2017, 06:33 PM

102,092 posts, read 107,197,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I agree. But couldn't the medium be receiving all the information from the subject, and forming an intuitive response on what he thinks the subject needs to hear?
Hmmm... I suppose in these instances it's theoretically possible, because he doesn't present any info they don't already know. Sometimes they have info about goings-on, or about facts regarding the deceased, that the subjects didn't know. But that doesn't seem to happen here. So the comforting things, like "X says you couldn't have changed the course of events", he could have been making up.

But why would it be more believable to you that he's picking up info from the subject/client, than that he's hearing or seeing or getting a stream of info from the deceased? Either one of those two possibilities would be quite a feat.

Old 10-14-2017, 09:17 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,504,350 times
Quote:
I haven't had a reading in years but during a couple where they only had my first name they came up with names of loved ones and things I'd long forgotten. In fact, I had to sit and think about it a couple of minutes because I wasn't connecting the dots. And they were situations and events nobody knew about other than the person who had passed on. They knew when I was working on non-work related projects, such as writing a book, what the book was about, etc. And that was at a time nobody knew I was writing.

I give nothing away when I'm hearing what they say. I provide no information. It drives me crazy when you see someone on television doing a reading saying something like, 'there's a mother figure - could be a mother or grandmother who died of a disease' (vague) and the person jumps in with, 'Oh my God! My grandmother died of cancer!' I don't nod my head in agreement, I just sit with a poker face waiting for them to give me more information.

I'm very skeptical in that I think a lot of them are frauds but I'm convinced many are making a real connection and providing information that is meant to help us.

Old 10-15-2017, 04:25 AM

30,304 posts, read 16,059,131 times
I agree with MPowering.

a lot are fake. Even the honest/sincere ones don't always interpret correctly.

But I listen for a clue-something nobody can know.

Most recent one asked me, among other things, who Ruth was. Ruth was my paternal grandmother. I grew up in an age when we never ever called an adult by their 1st name. To this day, I think of her as Gramma, not Ruth. Only one way she could have come up with that name.

also, 3 that I've gone to have mentioned that there's a little boy following me around. I keep forgetting to ask who and why. Maybe next time...

Old 10-15-2017, 07:58 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,505,520 times
Quote:
It's called cold reading. There are instructional videos on how to develop the skill.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:15 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,796,568 times
I've been watching some with some really positive results. There really is a lot of value in this for many people.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:47 PM

923 posts, read 1,497,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post

also, 3 that I've gone to have mentioned that there's a little boy following me around. I keep forgetting to ask who and why. Maybe next time...
Wow. If I heard that more than once I'd probably stop in my tracks and want more info...but that's just me.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:43 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,489,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I haven't had a reading in years but during a couple where they only had my first name they came up with names of loved ones and things I'd long forgotten. In fact, I had to sit and think about it a couple of minutes because I wasn't connecting the dots. And they were situations and events nobody knew about other than the person who had passed on. .
To be fair, there was at least one other person who knew about those situations and events: you.
It's entirely possible that the person doing the reading somehow intuited it from your buried memory. That doesn't mean they don't have psychic ability, it just means there's no reason to assume their source must be someone who has passed on. That's true also about the OP video. He didn't tell her anything she didn't know herself.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:25 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,504,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
To be fair, there was at least one other person who knew about those situations and events: you.
It's entirely possible that the person doing the reading somehow intuited it from your buried memory. That doesn't mean they don't have psychic ability, it just means there's no reason to assume their source must be someone who has passed on. That's true also about the OP video. He didn't tell her anything she didn't know herself.
If a person can dig deep enough to 'know' memories that are so deep-seated that it takes me several moments to remember them, that's even freakier than the thought of communicating with those who have passed on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal