Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 08:23 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,358,940 times

Advertisements

That would come down to different memories. Human memories is one. Spiritual memories is another?

Quote:
And you know this...How?
Good question. I only can assume that because only we can create arts and music and by free thinking. Then I realized something, it's a human concept in that respect because we have an extra brain. Some creatures do too and that makes me wonder what they are capable of.

We know that the dolphins developed languages for communications so we're not that unique. They are also playful and enjoy frolicking with us. They are intelligent next to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 09:21 AM

18,755 posts, read 18,021,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeGer View Post
That would come down to different memories. Human memories is one. Spiritual memories is another?

Good question. I only can assume that because only we can create arts and music and by free thinking. Then I realized something, it's a human concept in that respect because we have an extra brain. Some creatures do too and that makes me wonder what they are capable of.

We know that the dolphins developed languages for communications so we're not that unique. They are also playful and enjoy frolicking with us. They are intelligent next to us.

The problem is that your 'Spiritual memories' boil down to faith. There is no proof. You have countless stories to back up your claims. But there is no way for anyone of us to prove other than dying. Then nobody comes back from the grave.

The days of our "uniqueness" are ending. Humans are developing computers that can potentially match our level of thinking and eventually surpass us. It might not happen tomorrow; but it is happening. There is even a push right now to place all of a person's memories into a cloud so they can "live" forever: https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35786771. Of course that article points out the difficulties. The fact is that people are trying. Others are trying to combine the human brain and computers.

Our knowledge is constantly changing and it is hard to guess where we will be tomorrow.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:47 AM

I don't know how you can call it faith when we carried memories between lives. Computers can do amazing things but we had to tell it what to do. We programmed them. Computers are mindless.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I don't know how you can call it faith when we carried memories between lives. Computers can do amazing things but we had to tell it what to do. We programmed them. Computers are mindless.

Not necessarily; that is changing. Different companies are competing to store your memories like this one: https://www.sciencealert.com/a-new-s...n-live-forever. This is what they claim: "We’re using artificial intelligence and nanotechnology to store data of conversational styles, behavioral patterns, thought processes and information about how your body functions from the inside-out.
This data will be coded into multiple sensor technologies, which will be built into an artificial body with the brain of a deceased human. Using cloning technology, we will restore the brain as it matures."

Of course that technology is not available now. So they want to freeze a person's brain and implant in a clone host when the technology does become available. That might never happen; but it is their quest and other companies are trying similar projects with different approaches.

As far a reincarnation; it is still hard but not impossible to prove genetic memory: https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/y...genetic-memory. In that link they state: "There's evidence in rodents that you can breed learning how to run a maze into the next generation. So that's something that has been shown rather recently: that if rodents find themselves in a certain maze, and their parents had learned some things about the maze, then the little rodents don't have to start from scratch when they learn to navigate it." Is it possible that experiences with reincarnation are simply not a 'glitch' in genetic memory?

Old 10-08-2018, 11:33 AM

You may find this interesting but you can easily get out of a maze with one simple instruction.

Right (or left) turn only. It's not a quickest way out but a way out guaranteed.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
You may find this interesting but you can easily get out of a maze with one simple instruction.

Right (or left) turn only. It's not a quickest way out but a way out guaranteed.

I haven't encountered too many mazes lately. But it is the time of the year for the corn mazes. Anyway; thank you!

Old 10-08-2018, 12:12 PM

Cool. Have fun and amaze your friends while you wait for them outside.

I have to point this out. It depends on how the maze is made If a maze is made using an algorithm it'll work. A random made will be a problem as you can go around in a circle. In this case you'd have to leave markers and if you see that marker twice you're going in a circle. Change direction.

Here's the algorithm: It's rather a large scale here but you get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxBcZeJBFgs

Last edited by VeeGer; 10-08-2018 at 12:26 PM..

Old 10-08-2018, 01:06 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,508,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Do you remember the case of Karen Ann Quinlan: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Ann_Quinlan. She was a young woman that was on a crash diet, took Valium and alcohol, went into a coma, and persistent vegetative state for about ten years. As pointed out by Wikipedia: " Quinlan's case continues to raise important questions in moral theology, bioethics, euthanasia, legal guardianship and civil rights." But I feel there is one other point besides all the other very important questions raised by her case: She was a vegetable for one third of her life. Was her "real you" her last ten years of life?

How does a soul "choose" to come back as a baby with no recollection of the past? If a soul grows with the individual; why would it choose to come back as less than what it was a death? But, more than anything, how does a soul think?

My feeling is that many that believe in reincarnation have it confused with genetic memory: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneti...ry_(psychology). "In psychology, genetic memory is a memory present at birth that exists in the absence of sensory experience, and is incorporated into the genome over long spans of time." It is like watching a group of baby ducks as a bird of prey descends on the group and they all scatter - who taught them to scatter? How did they associate a hawk with danger?
If you're really interested in learning more, and I don't feel you are but for the sake of anyone else reading the thread, I would read books by Brian Weiss and Michael Newton.

Think of this physical life as school where we're here to learn things. The more we learn, the more evolved our soul becomes. So we want to come back to the physical form for the lessons and the development of the soul. It's our choice, although Newton says souls are encouraged to return.

Are any universities studying your theory at this point? I ask because I'd like to find out which ones, if they are.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
If you're really interested in learning more, and I don't feel you are but for the sake of anyone else reading the thread, I would read books by Brian Weiss and Michael Newton.

Think of this physical life as school where we're here to learn things. The more we learn, the more evolved our soul becomes. So we want to come back to the physical form for the lessons and the development of the soul. It's our choice, although Newton says souls are encouraged to return.

Are any universities studying your theory at this point? I ask because I'd like to find out which ones, if they are.

Its not my theory; but that second link was a bad link. It should have been this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneti...ry_(psychology). There you can go to an abstract in their references: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3923835/. That abstract is titled: "Parental olfactory experience influences behavior and neural structure in subsequent generations". It shows the scientific research. You can also go to another reference to a BBC article: https://www.bbc.com/news/health-25156510. In that BBC article it mentions work done at Emory University in the US and the University College London.

Thanks, I will research your authors. I will not guarantee you that I will read their books.

As far as us here for knowledge: Many times I feel we are working backwards. It has yet to be proven if we are learning from our mistakes.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:27 PM

Then we are doomed to repeat history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal