Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 11:54 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,011,291 times

Advertisements

The only way anyone will know is when they die; the rest is all speculation.

We want to believe that the death of our humanly body is not the end and that our spirit/soul will continue on for eternity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2018, 05:12 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,504,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
The only way anyone will know is when they die; the rest is all speculation.

We want to believe that the death of our humanly body is not the end and that our spirit/soul will continue on for eternity.

Well of course for people like yourself who want to ignore university studies on the subject, it will remain speculation to you.

I apologize for responding to your earlier post, by the way. I thought you were asking a sincere question or I wouldn't have bothered.

Old 01-23-2018, 01:33 AM

166 posts, read 168,745 times
I must admit i am pretty interest in the topic. I remember i even bought books that preached techniques on finding out a previous life. Tried 2 times and honestly i not know if what happened was real or was just my imagination playing hard with me. I do not remember the author's name but i have somewhere at home this small red book, written by Silvia....(something, do not remember the rest of her name). So i followed the book's instructions and made it to somewhere in Siberia (in a small, frozen village) Soviet Russia, WW time period. I was a boy, pretty badly dressed in rugs with no shoes. It was awfully cold. I was spying on some soldiers when they caught me and dragged me to a frozen lake. One of the soldiers broke the ice, tied my hands and feet and threw me into the water. I was drowning in the freezing water and it hurt like hell. when i woke up i was covered in cold sweat. The funny thing is that i have always wanted to live in Siberia although i despise the cold and i am afraid of drowning. I even have this issue with the running water in the bathroom - sometimes, when taking a bath i start to panic for no reason and feel like i am drowning. So i was wondering had this past life technique triggered my unexplainable fears - rearranging them in a terrible dream?

Old 01-23-2018, 02:04 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,059,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Is life just a never ending recycling process you think?
Crap theory.

If this was the case, the world population would have had not this explosive population growth.

We would have had the same number of people recycled over n over again.

Old 01-23-2018, 04:01 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,507,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Is life just a never ending recycling process you think?
I think that is unlikely and I hope that I am right. I like finality.

Old 01-27-2018, 12:01 AM

2,855 posts, read 6,465,089 times
I am a firm believer in some form of reincarnation. I know some discount it based on not enough souls for a growing population, but if you go by the theory that when we die our energy source goes to a Collective Consciousness and that our energy can split and come back in more than one body, it does make sense.

One of my favorite books on this subject, which I have in my personal library, is Reincarnation and Biology: A Contribution to the Etiology of Birthmarks and Birth Defects by Dr. Ian Stevenson.

I also base my beliefs on my own personal experiences as both a paranormal investigator for the past 13 years, as well as 11 years experience as a certified Past Life Regression therapist through HMI.

Others may disagree and disbelieve, and that is okay, too. All any of us has to go on is our own experiences, faith and belief system.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Well of course for people like yourself who want to ignore university studies on the subject, it will remain speculation to you.
Please provide links validating studies performed by various universities; would like to study them.

It's not anything to get so upset about.

Last edited by katie45; 01-28-2018 at 09:08 AM..

Old 01-28-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Please provide links validating studies performed by various universities; would like to study them.

It's not anything to get so upset about.
Never mind, I found the links in earlier postings and will study them. Thank you for posting them!

I think it would be truly wonderful to come back in another life, and then down the road have the ability to look back on all of the lives one lived.

Old 01-28-2018, 02:20 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,504,350 times
Quote:
Never mind, I found the links in earlier postings and will study them. Thank you for posting them!

I think it would be truly wonderful to come back in another life, and then down the road have the ability to look back on all of the lives one lived.

I honestly wasn't upset, to answer your earlier post. And sorry I didn't see you asking for the links - I don't frequent this particular forum regularly - but I see you found them.

I'm glad you think it's interesting. For me, the work being done at various universities gives it quite a bit of credibility.

Sometimes I think it wouldn't be so great to return, but if you read more about it you'll see that the choice is ours to make. So maybe given a hundred years or so I'll change my mind.

Old 01-29-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I honestly wasn't upset, to answer your earlier post. And sorry I didn't see you asking for the links - I don't frequent this particular forum regularly - but I see you found them.

I'm glad you think it's interesting. For me, the work being done at various universities gives it quite a bit of credibility.

Sometimes I think it wouldn't be so great to return, but if you read more about it you'll see that the choice is ours to make. So maybe given a hundred years or so I'll change my mind.
Thanks for the posting and comment!! I do believe in reincarnation, I just wrote my comments in such a way that it made it appear that I didn't. . . I was mainly referring to 'some' may be skeptical.

What fascinates me is that if I'm watching a movie made during a certain time period, I feel as though I've been there, and feel comfortable there. Don't know if that is just my imagination or is an indication that one of my past lives did reside then. Very, very interesting!

Also, I've had dreams that are all too real about specific events and in my dream I've truly living that experience . . . and they are definitely not related to anything in my present life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal