Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 07:12 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,145,704 times

Advertisements

Went to visit the Q.M. last year. We went on a tour, walking through the ship was interesting in its history however room B340 as we approached and before the tour guide said a word, I began to feel this stifling sick feeling, almost like I was smothering. Inside it felt awful, all I can explain it was a feeling of being sick and almost smothering, a very negative feeling of intense tragedy and sadness. Close to the bed/bath area it became strongest. After we left the person I was with said when he was walking through the door felt someone push him from behind as if they wanted him to get out (turned and nobody right behind him)
It used to be in use as one of the many hotel rooms however the queen Mary officially closed it off to public lodging after repeated complaints of blankets being pulled off, knocks on the door and walk in middle of night and whispers of "get out". The rest of the Q.M. rents other hotel rooms but B340 they won't allow guests to stay in.

Apparently back in its day when she was in use as a cruise ship, there was a murder suicide in that room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 10:55 AM

12,632 posts, read 14,764,388 times
Interesting. I've seen paranormal TV shows talk about the Queen Mary and that rm as well, but I didn't remember exactly what rm # it was. It's really something how you felt that up close & personal!

Have things been good ever since you've been back at your home?

Old 10-17-2017, 08:59 PM

8,429 posts, read 10,841,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
Went to visit the Q.M. last year. We went on a tour, walking through the ship was interesting in its history however room B340 as we approached and before the tour guide said a word, I began to feel this stifling sick feeling, almost like I was smothering. Inside it felt awful, all I can explain it was a feeling of being sick and almost smothering, a very negative feeling of intense tragedy and sadness. Close to the bed/bath area it became strongest. After we left the person I was with said when he was walking through the door felt someone push him from behind as if they wanted him to get out (turned and nobody right behind him)
It used to be in use as one of the many hotel rooms however the queen Mary officially closed it off to public lodging after repeated complaints of blankets being pulled off, knocks on the door and walk in middle of night and whispers of "get out". The rest of the Q.M. rents other hotel rooms but B340 they won't allow guests to stay in.

Apparently back in its day when she was in use as a cruise ship, there was a murder suicide in that room.
The spirits of those two people that died in that room, never left it.

They will more than likely always be there.
Having never know either the murdered, or the murderer, I can still give an explanation as to why they never left that room, and continue to "haunt" it to this day.

When death occurs, depending on the circumstances of that death, the spirit within reacts to different situations.
In the case of a prolonged illness, the Spirit knows when death will occur, and prepares for it's exit from the body, but in the case of a sudden death, the spirit has had no chance to prepare, and as a result, forcefully disembarks from the body.

When this happens, many do not know how to return to the spirit world, and are left in limbo.

They can't join the spirit world, and can't return to the corporeal existence they just gave up.

They are aware of the life they just surrendered, and the surroundings in that life, and are held to those surroundings like a magnet, until such time as they reach out to spirits of higher rank to guide them back into the spirit world.

It is obvious to me that these two spirits were young, and not fully adept in the knowledge, and experience of older spirits.

Most times when a person dies unexpectedly, their spirit does not leave the body quickly, as it needs to decipher just what happened.

It had no time to prepare, and the sudden death of the. body leaves the spirit confused, especially if it is a young spirit.

Many times it may take days to completely remove itself from the body.
In a more natural passing, spirits have exited the body and returned to the spirit world within hours.
The spirits in this room, are there forever, unless they are guided back to the world of spirits, and that may never happen.
There is an evilness related to spirits that for one reason or another, are in limbo, especially a young spirit.

Young spirits could be compared to young impatient children, in that they want something, and strike out when they don't get it.
These two spirits will continue to "push" people around, and cause general havoc as they try to free themselves from their captivity from which there is no escape.

The actions they provoke are a form of attention getting, in the hope we as humans might be able to help them in their quest.

They know not how to return to the spirit world, and feel they need to return to the bodies they disembarked from.
As humans we think, "Why would they want to return to those bodies, they died many, many years ago"?

Spirits have no sense of time, here, or in the spirit world.

Obviously the people in charge of the Queen, consulted with people involved in paranormal behavior, and were told this haunting would not end, and therefore chose to close the room to the public.

Bob.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:20 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,145,704 times
Bob,

Do you know if they remember or are aware they were murdered? Or are they just wondering what happened and feel stuck?

Not directly related to the Queen Mary but what do you think the spirit of a person who dies from suicide goes through? I'm wondering because it is tragic but they were prepared since they know when they commit suicide they'll die- unlike being murdered. So do you know if a person who past from suicide is able to move on after or?

Old 10-18-2017, 02:43 AM

8,429 posts, read 10,841,482 times
Quote:
Bob,

Do you know if they remember or are aware they were murdered? Or are they just wondering what happened and feel stuck?

Not directly related to the Queen Mary but what do you think the spirit of a person who dies from suicide goes through? I'm wondering because it is tragic but they were prepared since they know when they commit suicide they'll die- unlike being murdered. So do you know if a person who past from suicide is able to move on after or?
Very interesting questions, and I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

Fist, let me say briefly something regarding the mind of a spirit.

Obviously they don't possess the mind we humans do, and have a much more elevated sense of everything.
Each and every action by any spirit is carried out merely by thought, but like humans, they too have limitations.
We humans would ask, how can spirits remember with no physical brain to do the thinking.

One needs to remember, spirits are not matter, they are more like a shadow, or vapor.

They have a universal intelligence that they can call upon when needed.

It is always available when they need to summon it, and they do that by thought.

Now your first question; Remembrance is second nature to spirits.
In their world, most of their time is used in remembering past lives, and experiences.
These spirits remember well what happened, but because it happened quickly, they were not ready to leave the bodies they inhabited, and as a result, perhaps from being young, and inexperienced spirits, knew of no way to get back into the spirit world.
They are stuck, as you put it.

Your second question; The spirit of a person bent on suicide is aware of an impending end of life for the body it is incarnated into.

As smart as we humans are, one must remember, our thoughts(all of them) are a result of the spirit's thoughts, and our actions are a direct result of what the soul within each of us determines.
Remember, we are nothing but a tool for the soul within us.
When our usefulness has diminished, the spirit knows it is time for our bodies to die, so that the spirit can return to it's real home, which is the spirit world.

Actually a planned suicide is somewhat of a gift to a spirit, for it knows that soon it will be on it's way home.

Spirits only inhabit a body for as long as they feel they need too.
If a spirit feels it has accomplished what it needed in one particular life, it yearns to be free to return home.
In some cases a spirit may decide it no longer wants to finish it's appointed task, and for no other reason, makes the choice to sever the relationship, by disembarking from the body, and that body dies.

In many instances we humans call that death from natural causes.
In any case, be it planned suicide, or natural causes, the spirit usually returns to the spirit world with in hours of leaving the body.
It is only when a body dies abruptly that the spirit has a difficult time removing itself from the body, and in many cases, can not find the way back to the spirit world because it is confused by the abrupt ending of life.

One short experience I had many years ago, and was my very first experience with EVP.
I had tried for seven days to contact a loved one who had passed on months before.
During the taping one night, this woman's voice came through, asking for help.

"Help me, please help me".
She repeated this three or four times.

The hair on my arm rose, and goosebumps filled my arms.

I was frightened, as well as elated.
Scared of the voice, but elated I had made contact.
In a later phone conversation with Sarah Estep, she explained to me that the voice was of a lost spirit.
A spirit in limbo with a strong desire to get back into the human body it was forced to relinquish.

That spirit was not able to move forward into the spirit world, and was seeking help to come back to this plain.
It was seeking me to be the conduit by which it could return to this side of the. veil.

Obviously that couldn't happen, but Sarah did offer me some advice, and I acted on it.
She instructed me, that in my next recording session to ask friendly spirits if they could seek out this lost spirit, and help her to pass into the spirit world.

Perhaps it worked, for I never heard from that spirit again.

The study of spirits, and related paranormal is a fascinating endeavor indeed, and I have learned so much over the years, and continue to learn.

Bob,

Old 11-23-2018, 01:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,726 times
What was some of the stories that happened in room b-340

Kyra

Old 11-24-2018, 05:54 PM

12,591 posts, read 9,103,621 times
Quote:

Was it a totally spontaneous reaction, or did you know the story about the room before you took the tour?

Old 11-24-2018, 06:23 PM

18,754 posts, read 17,966,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Was it a totally spontaneous reaction, or did you know the story about the room before you took the tour?
It isn't only that (the placebo effect); but most rooms have controlled environments. There can be financial rewards to perpetuate a haunting. It isn't new; people have played that game for hundreds of years. Of course hundreds of years ago they did not have the modern tools we have today.

Old 11-26-2018, 01:46 PM

481 posts, read 877,312 times
I went on the tour several years ago that took the group to that room. The only thing I recall was the scent of a candle after it has been blown out. No one had lit a candle. Being a skeptic, I looked for air vents to determine if maybe it had come from another room.

Down in the pool area locker rooms, I remember seeing wavy "gas" like when you're filling up at the gas station and you can see the fumes right above where the fill nozzle goes. They had the lights out and it was pitch black. Others had some real experiences. I'm not a sensitive person though, so I left out of that tour questioning if I'd seen/felt things or not.

Old 11-26-2018, 02:53 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,108,685 times
When I stayed on the Queen Mary I had strange activity in the bathroom, and strange music. I also repeatedly had the smell of Rose perfume in a particular hallway, and a disembodied voice on deck near the bridge.
I have also stayed in two other hotels with haunting activity, the Spaulding Inn in NH and another hotel in Concord NH where I saw a full body apperition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal