Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2017, 11:10 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,387,994 times

Advertisements

A Colorado hotel is living up to its scary reputation after a visitor snapped a photo of a “ghost” while on a tour of the place.

Jay Mausling was on a "spirit tour" of The Stanley Hotel with his wife, Jessica, and other family members last month when he began snapping photos inside the 108-year-old building.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-captu...190100440.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 09:34 PM

4,648 posts, read 4,079,564 times
Meh. Better looking than some but it is still best explained as a smudge on the lense and a bit of pareidolia.

I mean, really look at that objectively. Can you say for certain that what you are seeing there is a human form?

It almost Halloween and we all like a bit of fun, so I will leave it at that.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:37 AM

22,827 posts, read 28,052,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Meh. Better looking than some but it is still best explained as a smudge on the lense and a bit of pareidolia.

I mean, really look at that objectively. Can you say for certain that what you are seeing there is a human form?

It almost Halloween and we all like a bit of fun, so I will leave it at that.
I dunno. Honestly ...

I don't see a little girl. I don't see a robe or any pajamas. But neither does it look like any smudge or lens flare I have ever seen.

My first thought was that it might have been something inside the camera itself. Maybe a crack or or flaw on the film itself. But then my second thought was: This is not 1989. No one uses film any more. That's probably a digital photo.

Definitely fun. Thanks for sharing!

Old 10-20-2017, 12:18 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,011,384 times
I remember driving past that place when I was a kid in the back seat of my parents car.

I was too young to have seen “The Shining”, nothing could have influenced my feelings or perceptions about the place but it made a big impression on me ... to stay away. Even after it was behind us I was uncomfortably aware of it.

It’s worth mentioning though, that The Stanley holds a lot of parties & tours during October for Halloween enthusiasts so the video *might* be a publicity stunt.

An equally impressive although less sinister place is The Hotel Colorado in Glenwood Springs. I stayed there when I was 14, the first thing I said when we pulled up was “Oh ... it’s haunted.” Didn’t know about it’s history either then either.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:08 AM

2,741 posts, read 2,955,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I dunno. Honestly ...

I don't see a little girl. I don't see a robe or any pajamas. But neither does it look like any smudge or lens flare I have ever seen.

My first thought was that it might have been something inside the camera itself. Maybe a crack or or flaw on the film itself. But then my second thought was: This is not 1989. No one uses film any more. That's probably a digital photo.

Definitely fun. Thanks for sharing!
I didn't see the little girl at first either. I paused the video to check something else on another tab, and when I came back and restarted the video, it went back to that scene and I could then clearly see it was the image of a little girl standing on the step, (like she was going down the steps) with her back towards the camera. She is facing the people. You can clearly see all of her. Head, arms, white nightgown type clothes, etc. Pretty shocking, but anything can be faked.

I believe in "ghosts", I do NOT believe they are or prove the existence of "dead humans remaining spirit". I believe there's more than one reason why things like this exist, and can sometimes be seen or photographed.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I remember driving past that place when I was a kid in the back seat of my parents car.

I was too young to have seen “The Shining”, nothing could have influenced my feelings or perceptions about the place but it made a big impression on me ... to stay away. Even after it was behind us I was uncomfortably aware of it.

It’s worth mentioning though, that The Stanley holds a lot of parties & tours during October for Halloween enthusiasts so the video *might* be a publicity stunt.

An equally impressive although less sinister place is The Hotel Colorado in Glenwood Springs. I stayed there when I was 14, the first thing I said when we pulled up was “Oh ... it’s haunted.” Didn’t know about it’s history either then either.
I have been inside the Stanley Hotel. It's definitely got a creepy vibe to it, but they have definitely played it up for publicity ever since Stephen King let it be known it was a night there that inspired the setting for The Shining.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
I didn't see the little girl at first either. I paused the video to check something else on another tab, and when I came back and restarted the video, it went back to that scene and I could then clearly see it was the image of a little girl standing on the step, (like she was going down the steps) with her back towards the camera. She is facing the people. You can clearly see all of her. Head, arms, white nightgown type clothes, etc. Pretty shocking, but anything can be faked.
You're right. I see it now.

It's not lens flare. It's not a smudge on the camera. But it very well could be Photoshop. How can you tell for sure these days?

Old 10-24-2017, 04:41 PM

295 posts, read 350,658 times
It's not hard to start seeing things or normal things not looking as they seem in a badly taken photo such as this. The shutter speed dipped quite low so any movement was a blurry mess. If you pause the video and look at the two people on the stairs, you'll see something between them but it's a complete blur. What is it? And if you look at the boys sitting to the right of the lady in the grey sweater, you can barely make out one of the boys. Only his lower half can be clearly made out. If not for that I can certainly claim it's a ghost of a boy sitting there.

Old 10-30-2017, 07:29 PM

12,734 posts, read 9,351,500 times
I see a lady standing at the middle platform of the staircase.

Old 10-30-2017, 07:37 PM

2,741 posts, read 2,955,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I see a lady standing at the middle platform of the staircase.
That's the photo at the bottom of the link post of another supposed ghost. However, we are talking about the ghost-girl on the bottom of the stairs shown in the video only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal