Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 12:00 AM

5,869 posts, read 4,166,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
These are not the videos then?
I meant where are the videos in the quantity expected from a billion people walking around with camera ready at hand. There have always been a few trickling out, even when only a rare few happened to be holding their Brownie Keystone ready at hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2017, 03:22 PM

5,463 posts, read 9,597,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

...and I am pretty sure couple of other cases might be a fake there.
But that's not to say that ALL of them are fake.
I agree. There are plenty of clever fakes and there are some that are not necessarily fake, but rather unknown. And some, maybe a lot of them, are misunderstood and misidentified. As I mentioned on Page 3 of this thread, what I saw looked strange at first, but then became clear that they were just ordinary aircraft. It's possible some might be visible illusions, or even unknown phenomena that we don't clearly understand. For example, "Sprites" in the atmosphere were first caught by camera in the 1980's. That's not to say all UFOs are weather related, but that there are still many things that are not well understood. And IMO, I think many UFO sightings or caught on video are probably misidentified.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprite_(lightning)

https://www.livescience.com/45493-or...-revealed.html

Old 12-24-2017, 03:42 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,054,689 times
The number of fakes are huge, and some are done really well. People even believed Billy Meier with his photographs of the chandelier and kitchenware he said were spaceships, I think he even claimed to have a hot date with a woman from Venus. There might be also a disinformation operation in effect to cloud people's judgement that was put together from the government.

Old 12-24-2017, 04:24 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,437,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I agree. There are plenty of clever fakes and there are some that are not necessarily fake, but rather unknown. And some, maybe a lot of them, are misunderstood and misidentified. As I mentioned on Page 3 of this thread, what I saw looked strange at first, but then became clear that they were just ordinary aircraft. It's possible some might be visible illusions, or even unknown phenomena that we don't clearly understand. For example, "Sprites" in the atmosphere were first caught by camera in the 1980's. That's not to say all UFOs are weather related, but that there are still many things that are not well understood. And IMO, I think many UFO sightings or caught on video are probably misidentified.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprite_(lightning)

https://www.livescience.com/45493-or...-revealed.html
Ive also gathered from numerous UFO reports, that just being in the presence of a true UFO, the witnesses claim going for their phone or trying to capture a pic or video is the last thing on their mind, some even say they think its very strange this was not their first thought, suggesting that maybe these crafts have certain mental and physical effects on people that prevent them from trying to get proof.

I know this isnt always the case, but I think there may some truth to it.

I still think some of these UFOs can not be recorded and or have their picture taken, something about their nature and its not entirely compatible with our technology. Even if one landed 10ft in front of you,the picture or video would still be blurry and grainy, out of focus. Sort of like trying to take a picture of a ghost.

On the other hand, Ive also seen MANY reports where witnesses claim they can only see the craft thru a cam or cell phone and they are invisible to the naked eye, there are more of these reports than the other type, so maybe some types, our field of vision simply cannot see, but a digitial medium can.

really all this raises more question than answers!

Old 12-24-2017, 07:06 PM

8,874 posts, read 11,660,508 times
Their technology is incredible. They can crap right in front of you and you won't even smell it. The military has been trying to replicate this technology for decades without success. The US was at war with North Vietnam at the peak of the UFO landings. They needed to get real close to the Vietcong to fight them one on one. The problem was US soldiers were much bigger men who crapped a lot and left behind smelly **** that alerted the enemy to their presence. They spent a fortune trying to figure out how the aliens mask the smell of their poop. That research is still ongoing to this day.

Last edited by davidt1; 12-24-2017 at 07:14 PM..

Old 12-26-2017, 11:39 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,367,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
About 3yrs ago, my wife and I were in Puerto Rico. It was about 1am and were were on our way back from visiting her family and on our way to our resort.

As I’m driving, I’m looking at what I thought was an airplane since we were close to the airport. Weird thing was, it was coming in at a very steep diagonal angle. I tell my wife “this plane looks as if its going to crash coming in at that angle”. She agreed. Now this thing has both of our attention.

Next thing you know, the object just comes to a complete stop and hovers around for a while. We both look at one another and say “that’s not an airplane!” It was late at night so all we saw were lights from the object. After it hovers for around 2-3 minutes, the object just shoots up and vanished in a matter of a second. Faster than I’ve ever seen any airborn object move in my life.

Let me guess . . . and then you saw "El Chupacabra" before pulling up to the resort, right?

Old 12-26-2017, 12:35 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,457,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
I become more and more skeptical of UFO reports, as the number of people carrying a cocked-and-ready videocam approaches saturation, but there is no increase in the number of photos or films of UFOs. One single UFO anywhere near a populated place would yield hundreds or thousands of confirming videos uploaded to Youtube, maybe a million over a major city. Where are the videos?

Also an article on the alloys:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...mes-ufo-story/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal