Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2017, 05:30 PM

8,851 posts, read 11,644,558 times

Advertisements

I have a laptop on the TV stand. The lid is closed. The wireless keyboard is turned off. Every time I move around on the bed, the mouse cursor on the TV would move a little. It freaked me out. The mouse movement stopped when I moved the bed away from the wall, as if a trapped spirit has been set free and no longer needed the mouse to signal me.

Then I decided to look under bed. There was a mouse that I must have dropped by mistake. It was turned on and moved a little when the bed moved. I am very disappointed I am not able to report to you that a spirit/ghost/alien was responsible.

If I had not taken the time to investigate, this would have seemed like an unnatural event -- perhaps like so many reported unnatural events? Anyway, it was fun.

Old 12-26-2017, 08:15 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,426,386 times
I doubt there is anything supernatural about it, I used to have a Dell Laptop and the cursor had a mind of its own a lot of the time, most of the time, it would shoot up to the right hand corner and just stay there. I did find when I used a regular USB desktop mouse with it, the cursor worked as it should.

Old 12-26-2017, 12:48 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,048,876 times
Must have been Interesting for while to see this. Reminder me of an experience I had when youger. I lived in an old building that had a noisy radiator in my room. One night instead of the usual clanging it made a sound like a wheezing person exhaled. It was right by my bed and I was half asleep so I freaked and ran out of the room. It happened again a few moments later and I realized it was not the boogeyman under the bed. It did not help that the apartment complex had acres of grass that could be creepy at night and we had numerous weirdos in the area as it was. I laugh today though about it.

Old 12-27-2017, 10:46 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,634,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Must have been Interesting for while to see this. Reminder me of an experience I had when youger. I lived in an old building that had a noisy radiator in my room. One night instead of the usual clanging it made a sound like a wheezing person exhaled. It was right by my bed and I was half asleep so I freaked and ran out of the room. It happened again a few moments later and I realized it was not the boogeyman under the bed. It did not help that the apartment complex had acres of grass that could be creepy at night and we had numerous weirdos in the area as it was. I laugh today though about it.
From my bedroom, what sounded like a radio set to a talk station and stuck inbetween the walls.... Was just the water in the downspout of the rain gutter.

Old 12-28-2017, 10:32 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,898,290 times
I couldn't find the remote for my Apple TV a week ago, so I used the app on my phone. My TV kept acting up: turning on by itself, switching the Apple TV on. I tried resetting it, powering everything down and up again. Thought there was something seriously wrong with it. Then I found my remote: it was on the coffee table under a magazine, and every time I moved something on the table it was activating the remote. Of course, it might have been a poltergeist that moved the remote under the magazine. But it was probably just me.

Old 12-30-2017, 07:45 AM

1,858 posts, read 1,633,320 times
Maybe your wireless planchette is on the same frequency and was left on?

Old 12-30-2017, 11:50 AM

15,631 posts, read 26,115,429 times
There was a dropped mouse that was still powered, also affecting the computer. Since it’s now solved, and not paranormal, I’m closing this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal