Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2018, 12:01 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,480,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Of course you don't want to share these stories because they prove nothing. Did you acquire the rock and weigh it? You say about 15 pounds; but you don't know. It could have been 2 pounds and made a big splash or it could have been 30 pounds? It could have been launched from a catapult or other mechanical mechanism. You do know that the best shot-putter can throw the 16 pound ball 75 feet; so if it was lighter somebody could possibly have thrown a stone? The whole thing is that this is all nothing but hearsay without any evidence.

Take your case of trees shaking and "NO HUMAN CAN DO THAT": If You tie a rope to the upper branches of a tree; you can shake them pretty good. Even a quiet vehicle could be attached to the rope and might not be detected if the observers were too afraid to check; especially if they stayed a hundred yards away. Heck; I have already pulled two foot oak trees right out the ground with my 2500 Silverado, without ever cutting them; simply by attaching a strong enough rope to very high in the tree. The same physics apply to trees as they do to levers. That is what hoaxers want us to believe: That it is humanly impossible. Vasily's post spelled out what is need to prove the existence of unknown species; your stories do not come close to meeting the requirements.
Have you considered why there are not any really good clear pictures or videos today, keeping in mind camera and video technology is MUCH better and its getting extremely hard to determine if something is fake or not...since the technology is THIS great...there should be loads and loads of VERY good, clear pictures and videos....and yet majority of supposed bigfoot sightings where witnesses get pics or video, they are grainy, out of focus, etc..see what Im saying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 12:24 PM

18,755 posts, read 18,021,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Have you considered why there are not any really good clear pictures or videos today, keeping in mind camera and video technology is MUCH better and its getting extremely hard to determine if something is fake or not...since the technology is THIS great...there should be loads and loads of VERY good, clear pictures and videos....and yet majority of supposed bigfoot sightings where witnesses get pics or video, they are grainy, out of focus, etc..see what Im saying?

That excuse is old. There are so many cameras today. What about trail cameras? Yes some trail cameras take poor quality photos; but they have improved over the years. Of course photographs can be faked; they could have been faked by average people for the last 20 years with the software that was available. Back in 2007 my wife was mixing real and fake pictures together on her blog: Marie's Raccoons.

Pictures are only one small piece of the puzzle as Vasily has pointed out. Let's say a trail camera takes a good clear shot. Then you now can examine the footprint and any scat or hair sample left behind and you are then starting the process of scientific examination. The more pieces you have the stronger the case you make.

Old 07-15-2018, 02:57 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,188,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Anyone that sits in front of a computer going 55 mph when these threads run about 80 mph will have trouble understanding basic concepts of how it actually is. I agree. Why aren't there all these fake videos of high quality. Why wouldn't you want a very clear fake video instead of the blurry things we get with lower end equipment and inexperience combined with shock and awe.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Anyone that sits in front of a computer going 55 mph when these threads run about 80 mph will have trouble understanding basic concepts of how it actually is. I agree. Why aren't there all these fake videos of high quality. Why wouldn't you want a very clear fake video instead of the blurry things we get with lower end equipment and inexperience combined with shock and awe.

I have a very hard time understanding the basic concept where individuals want others to understand without proving their case. We keep saying we are open but we need more than just speculation about what others think they might have seen.

Like I have said before; my Game Commission laughed at me when I tried to get them to come out and investigate our one sighting of a mountain lion in PA. I can understand their point of view because they had or have no evidence that we have ever had a mountain lion in our state. The only thing I have to support my claim is that one was killed in Connecticut a few years later. So I can say it is possible; but I cannot prove it. The CN mountain lion was autopsied and documented. But I am not running around screaming that you have to believe me and my wife. I can understand the skepticism and that is of a top predator that is known to live in the US.

See with the mountain lion I felt it was a one time encounter; which it was. I do not tell to you come over to PA and I will show you a mountain lion because I was sure that I could not replicate our sighting. If your Big Foot was so predictable, that every time you took somebody in the field for a day or night, that you would encounter one of these beast; then the animal is not mythical and you could produce evidence (even pictures). But here we are; still waiting.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:38 PM

Some people don't understand that we don't care what you think or others either. This is an open thread and you have the right to post as well. i am not the moderator. Some of us would surely enjoy these threads more as believers if the non believers would quit telling us they don't exist. We definitely have your opinion. We don't care what others think and want to talk with believers.OR That is my opinion.There are more nonbelievers in these threads than believers. Most believers won't post due to people demanding proof and then the subtle Passive Aggressive little jokes or statements.

Old 07-15-2018, 05:58 PM

15,633 posts, read 26,159,772 times
Actually, if we didn’t have non believers asking for evidence, and had non believers not posting at all, here’s what we’d have.

“I saw a Bigfoot while hunting in the woods.”

“Cool.”

And the forum dies. Because, dull.

If you absolutely must have a space where everyone agrees with you, and never challenges you — this isn’t that place.

This isn’t directed at anyone specific, because I’ve been hearing these rumbles again, it’s for everyone that wants the mods eliminating oppositional voices, not just on Bigfoot, but all subjects, because this attitude prevails everywhere.

Old 07-15-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Actually, if we didn’t have non believers asking for evidence, and had non believers not posting at all, here’s what we’d have.

“Cool.”

If you absolutely must have a space where everyone agrees with you, and never challenges you — this isn’t that place.

This isn’t directed at anyone specific, because I’ve been hearing these rumbles again, it’s for everyone that wants the mods eliminating oppositional voices, not just on Bigfoot, but all subjects, because this attitude prevails everywhere.
Unfortunately these Big Foot threads turn out more like the quest for 'Oak Island Treasure'. They end up never-ending with scant evidence that the treasure or animal was ever there. At least, with Oak Island, there are 'real' artifacts (just not big enough to prove the existence of the treasure). Maybe this year they will get lucky?

With large mythical creatures confined to land; our world gets smaller every day. The longer this stretches out; the less odds that we will ever find one (if they really did exist). We are fast approaching a day when humans will not be able to hide in a sea of humans. Fortunately we are also learning more about our world and space so we will encounter more unknowns.

Of course all of us want others to believe us; that is human. I would also hate to be a moderator because I can see how feelings can run high on both sides. Thank you for your understanding; great job!

Old 07-15-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post

“Cool.”

I disagree!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not dull at all to us believers!! We get overwhelmed with the nonbelievers and then the believers won't post because of their attacks including Passive Aggressive. I am at a loss as to why we can't have threads where Believers can post and the nonbelievers just take it as a given . I don't hassle anyone with their beliefs and other believers don't either so why are believers open game?
I am very confident that were a sub forum for Bigfoot believers can post with out challenge then the posts in that type forum would rise quite a bit. I wish we could do that.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I disagree!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not dull at all to us believers!! We get overwhelmed with the nonbelievers and then the believers won't post because of their attacks including Passive Aggressive. I am at a loss as to why we can't have threads where Believers can post and the nonbelievers just take it as a given . I don't hassle anyone with their beliefs and other believers don't either so why are believers open game?
I am very confident that were a sub forum for Bigfoot believers can post with out challenge then the posts in that type forum would rise quite a bit. I wish we could do that.

The OP asked a question about Big Foot in Idaho and you want to turn this into another "Yes; it's real" Big Foot believer's marathon. Then you don't want any skeptics! Skeptics don't even have the right to talk because they do not follow your company line! Only the very first responses to this thread were on subject.

Then rstevens62 has to throw in your holy grail (the Paterson film) which I responded to with Wikipedia. And you talk about burying 'Patty' and five others after skinning one and you give no evidence. Except nobody can go back and get physical evidence because they were buried in such a remote spot with a stolen backhoe. Nobody kept a trophy head, foot, hide or even clump of hair! The backhoe managed to drag all five corpuses to that remote spot without leaving one little sign that it ever happened!

Now you want to challenge any skeptics to come to Kansas so you can show us all the Big Feet that you personally know. However; you failed to report all of your friends to your BFRO organization because the last sighting in Kansas was reported in 2014: Reports for Kansas.

Once before you had my post stricken by constantly reporting me because I ask for evidence. Now you want to use terms like 'passive aggressive' to describe people that do not believe your personal statements. Not everybody is God and not everybody has all the answers (including you and me). I would love to believe but I am not buying the Brooklyn Bridge without the title search and insurance + a great lawyer.

Old 07-16-2018, 05:50 AM

I think i am done with this thread. I am not God nor am i in control of any thIng around here.Thanks to all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal