Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2018, 08:29 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,477,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The analysis the poster refers to was not about the speed of the gait, so much as it was about how the body moved, where the joints seemed to be located (hip, knee), and so forth, the proportions of the body, as I recall. There were comments about the upper torso, IIRC, too. You could probably dig this up on youtube.
Yes, I remember watching a TV show about this study, it was at least 6-8 yrs ago, but the University that did it went to great lengths to test the walking gait, I will look that up later on today and post the link if I get time.

I do remember they concluded that the gait in the footage was impossible for any human to reproduce, something about human hips not being able to move like that, so that is pretty big.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 09:20 AM

18,755 posts, read 18,018,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes, I remember watching a TV show about this study, it was at least 6-8 yrs ago, but the University that did it went to great lengths to test the walking gait, I will look that up later on today and post the link if I get time.

I do remember they concluded that the gait in the footage was impossible for any human to reproduce, something about human hips not being able to move like that, so that is pretty big.

Go to this Coast to Coast link: https://www.coasttocoastam.com/pages...-film-enhanced and study that film frame to frame. Then come back and tell us truly what you think.

Then go to this site (Here's What the Bigfoot Patterson) and see what Morris, the costume designer, had to say about the gate of BF in the Patterson film: "The Bigfoot researchers say that no human can walk that way in the film. Oh, yes they can! When you’re wearing long clown’s feet, you can’t place the ball of your foot down first. You have to put your foot down flat. Otherwise, you’ll stumble. Another thing, when you put on the gorilla head, you can only turn your head maybe a quarter of the way. And to look behind you, you’ve got to turn your head and your shoulders and your hips. Plus, the shoulder pads in the suit are in the way of the jaw. That’s why the Bigfoot turns and looks the way he does in the film. He has to twist his entire upper body."

Old 08-23-2018, 10:34 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,477,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Go to this Coast to Coast link: https://www.coasttocoastam.com/pages...-film-enhanced and study that film frame to frame. Then come back and tell us truly what you think.

Then go to this site (Here's What the Bigfoot Patterson) and see what Morris, the costume designer, had to say about the gate of BF in the Patterson film: "The Bigfoot researchers say that no human can walk that way in the film. Oh, yes they can! When you’re wearing long clown’s feet, you can’t place the ball of your foot down first. You have to put your foot down flat. Otherwise, you’ll stumble. Another thing, when you put on the gorilla head, you can only turn your head maybe a quarter of the way. And to look behind you, you’ve got to turn your head and your shoulders and your hips. Plus, the shoulder pads in the suit are in the way of the jaw. That’s why the Bigfoot turns and looks the way he does in the film. He has to twist his entire upper body."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSWr9C_gn40

This talks about some of the hoaxes and explains why they do not hold water. I never noticed the hernia on the bigfoot before either.

I especially liked that John Chambers and another hollywood makeup/ suit guy both stated they would be unable to create such an elaborate suit.

I think it speaks for itself that here we are in 2018 and this footage is still being debated, and scrutinized, if those guys were THAT good, why were they not working in Hollywood?!

Old 08-23-2018, 12:06 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,185,829 times
PATTY WAS REAL EXCEPT THE STORY THEY TOLD IS NOT. John Green says he was not there but he was along with Erik Bejeckford Eric and Green were the cameramen.

Old 08-23-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSWr9C_gn40

This talks about some of the hoaxes and explains why they do not hold water. I never noticed the hernia on the bigfoot before either.

I especially liked that John Chambers and another hollywood makeup/ suit guy both stated they would be unable to create such an elaborate suit.

I think it speaks for itself that here we are in 2018 and this footage is still being debated, and scrutinized, if those guys were THAT good, why were they not working in Hollywood?!

The problem is that for everybody that claims the footage is real; you will find somebody that claims 'hoax'. There is so much doubt cast on the only fair picture that it is not even enough evidence to really start a scientific investigation. Patterson went out looking for BF and he was prepared to film and cast. There should have been hairs that they found or something. Even those BF footprints, if they are real, could contain BF DNA - they can gather it now from soil samples.

There is better equipment today. People still report they see BF so it should be impossible not to get clear pictures. How many people do you talk to that have trail cameras set up in their back yards; heck even my sister likes to see the deer, bobcat, bear, raccoons, and fox in her backyard. Like your friend with Patty buried; there would be DNA evidence at the bottom of the grave. But all we can remember are green eyes. If there is evidence out there; then it should be collected and submitted to our experts and not just the 'experts' that want to sell books and movies.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:28 PM

A friend and i went to a great spot and i a place we found a pile of wild lettuce that had been collected and piled up.

Old 08-25-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
A friend and i went to a great spot and i a place we found a pile of wild lettuce that had been collected and piled up.

Pictures, soil samples that are tested for DNA, any hairs found or foot impressions?

I personally do not like the foot impressions because somebody could have figured out how to make believable BF impressions. Unless there is non-human DNA collected from the site. Pictures of a pile of lettuce would not mean anything by itself; you would need more than that. It could have been some homeless that were going to make a great salad!

Old 08-25-2018, 04:50 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,911,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
It could have been some homeless that were going to make a great salad!
Ah - if someone (or something) was collecting wild lettuce they probably weren't thinking salad.

https://www.smokableherbs.com/wild-lettuce-wild-opium/

Old 08-25-2018, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Ah - if someone (or something) was collecting wild lettuce they probably weren't thinking salad.

https://www.smokableherbs.com/wild-lettuce-wild-opium/

Brownie salad? OK, explain this; how did BF know what to do with wild lettuce!

Old 08-26-2018, 08:07 AM

We went into a huge Box culvert on a state hwy. Approximate 200 ft wide across the road and it was 10x10 concrete and about 50 ft below the roadway. Dry inside and you cannot see through it ! Just about 15 ft inside we found a pile of fresh Wild Lettuce. We didn't have any guns so we backed out and left. Last year a buddy went there and got growled at from back in the dark. He had no light and he sure was shook up. Get out there and check some box culverts yourself. They will also hide out under bridges. Either way you need a person on each side of the culvert or bridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal