Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2018, 10:11 AM

18,755 posts, read 18,021,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
So much for my sincere attempt to reach across the aisle and explain the thinking of the skeptic. Some gaps aren't bridgeable, I suppose.

The problem with our friend leaving is that, if he does have or can produce genuine evidence of a large creature, we would be happy to hear about it. With him it is all or nothing; every bump in the night is a creature. I am not celebrating and I do wish that he returns. There are many sightings of BF and whether it is in Idaho or Oklahoma we are very interested in seeing new evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 06:28 PM

6,908 posts, read 6,819,931 times
It might seem uncaring to some, but "being offended" is just a game which is played to manipulate others and get your own way. This is what children do and we accept it from them but after a little time in the real-world they realize it is not acceptable.

Not many friends hang around after this type of attempted manipulation. As far as I am concerned if you cannot stand the heat, then leave the kitchen.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:11 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,188,097 times
I agree that it was sure getting hot in this Idaho kitchen so i just edited my ignore list. Thus i am still here. I got away from those i don't get along with.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:12 AM

OK back on track. In Idaho i wonder what veggies are being eaten by old hairy?

Old 09-02-2018, 05:03 PM

Fast as fast can be! You will never catch me! That's what old hairy tells his kids. Kinda like" When you upset me then ignore is for me."

I have been meaning to take my Motorhome up in to Montana etc. Idaho is another place to go. Any great off the mainstream locations to check out for BF would be appreciated

Old 09-02-2018, 06:00 PM

12,721 posts, read 9,242,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Fast as fast can be! You will never catch me! That's what old hairy tells his kids. Kinda like" When you upset me then ignore is for me."

I have been meaning to take my Motorhome up in to Montana etc. Idaho is another place to go. Any great off the mainstream locations to check out for BF would be appreciated
While you're in the neighborhood, why not go to Washington and Oregon. Isn't that where most of the reported sightings are?

Old 09-02-2018, 06:16 PM

Not really Oregon and Washington at all. More of these critters in the Midwest, Mid south, South .

Old 09-02-2018, 08:43 PM

12,721 posts, read 9,242,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Not really Oregon and Washington at all. More of these critters in the Midwest, Mid south, South .
Really? I never hear of any sort of sighting around here. I guess we're mid-South ... lots of companies with that in their names anyway. I've seen a couple of segments on televison programs with sightings in the region, but not really local.

I really wish someone could do a totally unquestionalble documentation of one.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:52 PM

6,908 posts, read 6,819,931 times
From an armchair BF watcher - me.

One program I saw had a very good idea on it - to hang old CDs or DVDs in the tree because then BF would handle them and leave his fingerprints on them. OK, so, sometimes he pulls them down and throws them away into the bush but I was thinking, if there were enough of them, like Christmas Tree baubles then he would probably not throw them away but be fascinated by the flashing multicolors in the plastic.

Another thing I saw on Extinct or Alive is to use a piece of Velcro and try to get BF hair samples by nailing the square of Velcro to a tree near a trail. The nail was maybe 4 inches and left sticking out of the tree and the Velcro was right by the head of the nail not flush to the tree.

Another thought I had from Extinct or Alive was to use an 'injured rabbit' squealer recording and a mechanical twitcher with rabbit fur on it (like he has in E or A) . Place both in a clearing and put a few cameras high up on trees around the clearing focusing on the dummy rabbitand leave the area. BF is inquisitive so might come to see what is making all the noise, when he does not see any human, he may go up and investigate the dummy rabbit in the center of the clearing perhaps.

I really dont think trail cams are a good idea because I suspect BF can see into the infrared spectrum which is why we have not got any trailcam pictures of him at night.

Old 09-03-2018, 11:39 PM

18,755 posts, read 18,021,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Really? I never hear of any sort of sighting around here. I guess we're mid-South ... lots of companies with that in their names anyway. I've seen a couple of segments on televison programs with sightings in the region, but not really local.

I really wish someone could do a totally unquestionalble documentation of one.

Here is the map of sightings provided by the people that love to keep track of all this: BFRO Geographical Database of Bigfoot Sightings & Reports. If you notice most of the sightings are on the West Coast with Washington and California having the most and then Florida (in third place). Then Illinois, Ohio, Oregon and Michigan follow up with the fourth thru the seventh place for the most sightings. That map also tells of the last reported sightings. There are some states that have not had a sighting in 13 years like North Dakota and Nevada. In your State you have had three more sightings (98) than Oklahoma where Versatile looks for his BF; but you have not had a sighting for two years.

It is interesting about their data because Yeti territory has only had 10 sightings; but we have grown up listening to one report after another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal