Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 06:10 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,188,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Really? I never hear of any sort of sighting around here. I guess we're mid-South ... lots of companies with that in their names anyway. I've seen a couple of segments on televison programs with sightings in the region, but not really local.

I really wish someone could do a totally unquestionalble documentation of one.
The creeks the creeks. They always follow the creeks (Woodswatcher)

Go out and try some of the things i mention and see what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2018, 07:38 AM

18,755 posts, read 18,021,175 times
I believe that our fishermen also follow creeks; it hard to catch fish in the middle of the woods! Many fishermen love to take pictures of their catch, especially if they plan on releasing it. I am surprised they could not find a BF to pose with their fish

Old 09-04-2018, 08:33 AM

I wonder what the estimated population is of BF in Idaho; more than i wonder what a person on my ignore list says. lol

Old 09-04-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I wonder what the estimated population is of BF in Idaho; more than i wonder what a person on my ignore list says. lol

According to your BFRO map (BFRO Geographical Database of Bigfoot Sightings & Reports) Idaho does not have as many sightings as my Pennsylvania. As a matter of fact it has about one third less. Of course you should know this; it is your subject! Hey; I don't ignore people simply because I do not believe them!

Old 09-06-2018, 06:31 PM

4 posts, read 2,284 times
Wow, that BFRO database is a cool link.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:16 AM

These guys are in Louisiana and they are the real deal.

Gulf Coast BigFoot Research Organization - Sightings Database

Old 09-07-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
These guys are in Louisiana and they are the real deal.

Gulf Coast BigFoot Research Organization - Sightings Database

Unfortunately any research done to prove the existence of this creature depends on grants, contributions and memberships. It looses it's scientific approach before it ever starts. It isn't only that; but that link takes us to a website that screams at us that it is only about the money. Scientific websites are not written on a black background with multicolored lettering! I am surprised they do not have the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders jumping around the screen!

Old 09-07-2018, 10:32 AM

Here is a good one for you. I used a Jiffy Pop popcorn . Use the type with the aluminum pan. I read this and it worked good.

Pop your popcorn and then get some strong wire about 4 ft long. Find a tall tree with a limb about 14 ft off the ground or so. Use your wire to hang it from the limb. Make it so that nothing other than a human or a BF can get it down. Check on it and look for it if ir disappears.

I stood on the side of my F-150 2 wheel drive truck bed and used a 12-14 ft aluminum extendable pole and i used baling wire to hang it over the limb. The Oak tree was alongside a soybean stubble field and on private property. Two days later it was gone. The wire was gone, popcorn gone aluminum cover over popcorn gone and after looking for about 1/2 hour i found the pan over 50 ft away and shoved under a very old rotted elm log. Looked for tracks the whole time and found none and i could tell the gate was wired shut exactly as i had done it. Thus i determined that no human had been there. very hard for any trespasser to have gone there and that would have taken another trip to go get a ladder and carry back to the tree because the tree was unclimable with out boot spikes and i saw no spike marks on the tree and no signs of any human activity.

Try it yourself. Just ignore the naysayers and go out and have some fun. I feel real peaceful since i remembered the ignore list.

Old 09-07-2018, 03:10 PM

12,721 posts, read 9,242,186 times
Quote:
Here is a good one for you. I used a Jiffy Pop popcorn . Use the type with the aluminum pan. I read this and it worked good.

Pop your popcorn and then get some strong wire about 4 ft long. Find a tall tree with a limb about 14 ft off the ground or so. Use your wire to hang it from the limb. Make it so that nothing other than a human or a BF can get it down. Check on it and look for it if ir disappears.

I stood on the side of my F-150 2 wheel drive truck bed and used a 12-14 ft aluminum extendable pole and i used baling wire to hang it over the limb. The Oak tree was alongside a soybean stubble field and on private property. Two days later it was gone. The wire was gone, popcorn gone aluminum cover over popcorn gone and after looking for about 1/2 hour i found the pan over 50 ft away and shoved under a very old rotted elm log. Looked for tracks the whole time and found none and i could tell the gate was wired shut exactly as i had done it. Thus i determined that no human had been there. very hard for any trespasser to have gone there and that would have taken another trip to go get a ladder and carry back to the tree because the tree was unclimable with out boot spikes and i saw no spike marks on the tree and no signs of any human activity.

Try it yourself. Just ignore the naysayers and go out and have some fun. I feel real peaceful since i remembered the ignore list.
Raccoons can be pretty creative when it comes to getting to food. And they like to eat. Your popcorn probably made one or more raccoons very happy.

Old 09-07-2018, 03:11 PM

12,721 posts, read 9,242,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Unfortunately any research done to prove the existence of this creature depends on grants, contributions and memberships. It looses it's scientific approach before it ever starts. It isn't only that; but that link takes us to a website that screams at us that it is only about the money. Scientific websites are not written on a black background with multicolored lettering! I am surprised they do not have the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders jumping around the screen!
And what would be wrong with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal