Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 04:19 PM

18,755 posts, read 18,018,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Raccoons can be pretty creative when it comes to getting to food. And they like to eat. Your popcorn probably made one or more raccoons very happy.

The problem with the raccoons is that they are not good at picking up their garbage after they eat! Just what we need; torn aluminum popcorn pans and old scratched CD's scattered around the countryside and hanging from the trees! I wonder what the National Park Service would say about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 06:24 PM

6,908 posts, read 6,818,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye
The problem with the raccoons is that they are not good at picking up their garbage after they eat! Just what we need; torn aluminum popcorn pans and old scratched CD's scattered around the countryside and hanging from the trees! I wonder what the National Park Service would say about that?
So, you suggest not trying to find evidence Bigfoot at all? You are the one calling for evidence so how would you go about it?

No-one is suggesting leaving all the stuff out there and not clearing up, but you do not appear to have any suggestions at all.

I suspect you "would love to find evidence and be convinced of the existence of Bigfoot" as many people like you say, but when it comes down to it, it appears from the post above you dont really want anyone else to try.

Old 09-07-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
So, you suggest not trying to find evidence Bigfoot at all? You are the one calling for evidence so how would you go about it?

No-one is suggesting leaving all the stuff out there and not clearing up, but you do not appear to have any suggestions at all.

I suspect you "would love to find evidence and be convinced of the existence of Bigfoot" as many people like you say, but when it comes down to it, it appears from the post above you dont really want anyone else to try.

For all of these 'tricks' to find BF there is no evidence. Not one strand of hair has been collected. Bumps in the night, thrown stones, a lettuce cache, spinning or missing shinny things, are not evidence. We have been told they were hit by a car and no blood, or they were killed and buried and not one tissue sample was taken, or I had a pile of BF scat by my vehicle and nobody saw the animal that made the scat or thought to collect samples!

Every single time we ask for evidence we are guilty for asking. We did not see it so how can we produce anything? You see it; you produce the evidence. Like I said before; find one young geneticist, that believes in BF, and I would bet he would run your DNA simply to help you prove it's existence. But your side runs form what might be solid evidence because you fear the truth that there is no such thing!

Old 09-08-2018, 02:33 AM

6,908 posts, read 6,818,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye
For all of these 'tricks' to find BF there is no evidence. Not one strand of hair has been collected. Bumps in the night, thrown stones, a lettuce cache, spinning or missing shinny things, are not evidence. We have been told they were hit by a car and no blood, or they were killed and buried and not one tissue sample was taken, or I had a pile of BF scat by my vehicle and nobody saw the animal that made the scat or thought to collect samples!

Every single time we ask for evidence we are guilty for asking. We did not see it so how can we produce anything? You see it; you produce the evidence. Like I said before; find one young geneticist, that believes in BF, and I would bet he would run your DNA simply to help you prove it's existence. But your side runs form what might be solid evidence because you fear the truth that there is no such thing!
No good trying to play the victim game. Why keep on asking us for evidence or proof. Why not allow those who believe continue to believe? Why keep on and on and on?

Somehow there must be a 'quest' for truth going on here, yet there is also a denial of untruths and lies from the people who REALLY matter to all of us - the government.

The Missing 411 books document and illustrate the Parks Department are covering up the details of the missing persons in the national forests. They dont keep statistics and they will not give out details when asked in FOIA requests. There were 2 incidents at least where the Green Berets were called out to hunt for missing persons yet they kept to themselves, they did not share information with the Search & Rescue units. The Green Berets are a group which only get called out when there is an issue of National Security.

Personally, I 'feel' that these incidents are not involving Bigfoot but a similar cryptid which is much more aggressive and dangerous. I believe the reported incidents involving Bigfoot show he wants to intimidate and scare away people who come into his territory.

Old 09-08-2018, 04:12 AM

Quote:
No good trying to play the victim game. Why keep on asking us for evidence or proof. Why not allow those who believe continue to believe? Why keep on and on and on?

Somehow there must be a 'quest' for truth going on here, yet there is also a denial of untruths and lies from the people who REALLY matter to all of us - the government.

The Missing 411 books document and illustrate the Parks Department are covering up the details of the missing persons in the national forests. They dont keep statistics and they will not give out details when asked in FOIA requests. There were 2 incidents at least where the Green Berets were called out to hunt for missing persons yet they kept to themselves, they did not share information with the Search & Rescue units. The Green Berets are a group which only get called out when there is an issue of National Security.

Personally, I 'feel' that these incidents are not involving Bigfoot but a similar cryptid which is much more aggressive and dangerous. I believe the reported incidents involving Bigfoot show he wants to intimidate and scare away people who come into his territory.
Like a drug dealer that doesn't want somebody coming too close?

There is no need to rely on our government for the verification. To claim conspiracy is just another lame excuse; especially when those that see do not collect the evidence! Humans are hired by our government; they can make mistakes and they can misplace files. Our government can use sightings, like a UFO or BF, to hide what they were really doing. So it could be in their best interest to leave things the way they are?

This is an unexplained mysteries forum. You look for your answers and some of us simply look for logical answers. I acknowledge we can be wrong - but so can your side. We are not seeing this 'stuff' happen so we cannot produce supportive evidence. Many of the BF claims boil down to 'bump in the night' claims where nobody saw anything. That is why we have asked many, many times to save your evidence and submit it. I have given an example of how that can be done using our educational system. I pointed out an example of how when I found an American Chestnut tree I used a Penn State professor to verify my find.

According to a 'believer' web site, like BRFO, there are thousands of sightings. It is not too much to ask for somebody to save something of their encounter. Evidence has the potential to make us skeptics believers.

Old 09-08-2018, 06:08 AM

19,963 posts, read 30,070,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieKarm View Post
I thought the latest info on bigfoot was its a bear?
its always a bear yet of the bear sightings...its never a bigfoot

Old 09-08-2018, 06:12 AM

19,963 posts, read 30,070,196 times
Quote:

and because of the skepticism...the leg-humping and ridicule....I believe for every bigfoot "report" their are 20-50 that got unreported...because who wants to be ridiculed????

the missing 411 is scary the people just vanish and nothing we know of is "taking" them no screams/struggle/crime scene....no scent trail for hound dogs..

Old 09-08-2018, 07:17 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,185,829 times
Quote:

Very well said.

I remember the event where a 3 yr old boy disappeared and was see/found way up so high they had no idea how he could have got there.

With this creature; we are dealing with a quite a few unknowns.

I think it would be interesting to collect the fingerprints if the 411 missing and then compare those prints to BF prints that have been collected.

Old 09-08-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
and because of the skepticism...the leg-humping and ridicule....I believe for every bigfoot "report" their are 20-50 that got unreported...because who wants to be ridiculed????

the missing 411 is scary the people just vanish and nothing we know of is "taking" them no screams/struggle/crime scene....no scent trail for hound dogs..

While you blame skeptics for instilling the fear of 'ridicule' perhaps believers should look closer to home: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bi...-san-antonio/? According to Benjamin Radford quoted in that article: "If Bigfoot researchers wish to be taken seriously, they could start by cleaning their own house. The biggest threat to their credibility is not skeptics nor a ridiculing public but instead those who provide an endless stream of bogus claims and evidence."

As far as the missing 411; how does that point to BF? All roads do not lead to Rome!

Old 09-08-2018, 02:01 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,911,440 times
Quote:
This is the heart of the reason why these discussions invariably turn south. It's the kind of language one would use when one's religious beliefs were attacked - not the language associated with a rational discussion of the existence (or nonexistence) of a flesh and blood animal. We're not talking ghosts or demons here, or UFO aliens -- the claim is that there's a huge primate out there that science doesn't know exists.

We keep asking for evidence or proof because that's how post-Enlightenment human beings figure things out. We keep asking for evidence or proof on the offchance that one of these days, someone will produce absolutely convincing evidence that this unlikely animal actually exists. It's the same standard those of us who have followed cryptozoology for decades would apply to sightings of an animal that is known to have actually existed, like the thylacine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal