Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 09:24 PM

6,901 posts, read 6,804,741 times

Advertisements

Mysterious Moon-Eyed People – Ancient Subterranean Race In Conflict With The Cherokee

Quote:
The Cherokee recall a white-skinned race that lived on their lands before they arrived. This group of very unusual beings were known as the Moon-Eyed people.

Cherokee legends tell the Moon-Eyed people were of small stature and had pale, white skin, blond hair and blue eyes. They were called Moon-Eyed because they had very sensitive eyes and were unable to see in daylight. They could however see very well at night. Since these mysterious ancient people were blinded by the Sun, they were forced to live in underground caverns.
I think we have to decide whether there is truth in these stories, because if there is, then our history is not what we have been taught(surprise, surprise!). This article speaks of possible people from Wales coming in the 12th century.

Quote:
Who really built Fort Mountain is still a mystery. Cherokee legends tell the ancient structure was raised either by the Moon-Eyed people or Madoc, a Welsh prince who came to America in 1170.
When a race does not have any or many written records, the only thing they do have is stories to keep the memories alive and to teach their next generations the history of old times. Many races tell of ancient 'gods' from the sky but are they all just stories? I dont think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 11:06 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,458,335 times
There's legend / belief by some Native American's
Big Foot's Super Natural.

Old 01-11-2018, 01:35 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,028,584 times
I find it bizarre that academia touts studies of comparative mythology as being significant in researching the psychology, linguistics & anthropology of developing cultures ... While never questioning the possibility that maybe these events are historical.

It’s like the elephant in the room: Maybe if two separate cultures, on different continents, who would not meet for 3,000 years have similar stories about a great flood where only two or few humans survived; its because it happened.

Not to mention that these cultures do not refer to their accounts as “myths” but rather ... ”History”.

The thing is; every culture has its own versions of “bedtime stories” or fairy tales. If they call an account “history”, maybe it is.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:08 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,443,956 times
I definitely think there is something to them.

However the whole 'ancient aliens' thing is nothing but an attempt to discredit the beliefs, its like they are going out of their way to make it sound so extremely crazy and bizarre, majority of people will never take it seriously.

I see jokes and FB memes about that one guy with the crazy hair all the time, the punchline is always 'it has to be aliens'. I have a sneaky feeling his character/ behavior, was created specifically to discredit the topic. Imo, that just shows me how scared they are of people taking this seriously and believing it.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:15 PM

18,755 posts, read 17,992,748 times
When I was in HS they did a little demonstration to see if we were good witnesses. Most of us failed. They staged a holdup with a banana and many thought it was a gun. Many of us were terrible at describing the suspect or exactly what happened. Here is a good link on the subject: https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-eyes-have-it/.

The problem with legends is that some have been passed down for hundreds, sometimes thousands, of years. With our classroom demonstration many could not remember five minutes later! Just try to pass a short story to several friends and see how close to the original version you get back. Here is a link to how some fairytales have changed over the years: https://wtop.com/living/2015/02/7-st...tales/slide/1/. I just do not understand why anybody is so quick to accept (without proof) anything passed down by our ancestors. Heck; how many of us believe the news stories we hear everyday?

Old 01-11-2018, 05:35 PM

6,901 posts, read 6,804,741 times
Yes, but - as a culture - we are not conditioned and trained to remember historical or other stories. They are, or at least, have been.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:52 PM

18,755 posts, read 17,992,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Yes, but - as a culture - we are not conditioned and trained to remember historical or other stories. They are, or at least, have been.
We also do not live in the times when these 'events' happened. What I mean is that we look at things differently today than we did yesterday. Look at all the years we heard about the Hollywood casting couch and did nothing and then think of how quickly Harvey Weinstein's current accusers opened our eyes. What is accepted today is not what was accepted yesterday; we do not view history through the same eyes.

My wife had a high definition classic foreign film on her TV the other day. All the makeup was perfect, all the clothes were clean and no dust on any vehicles - the past was not like that! The director altered the story so that the stars did not show their bad side. Humans are like that; we embellish, elaborate, expand, or exaggerate as we retell stories or present our perception of events that we witnessed.

I am not trying to say that history never happened or all myths had no tie to reality. However I am saying that we need plenty of research before we can prove myths real.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:21 PM

15,633 posts, read 26,132,202 times
Well, my father in law told me a lot about his family history when I started doing genealogy and I judiciously wrote it all down. This was at the very beginning of the internet. Ancestry was a family tree program you bought that had like 2 floppy discs. 5 1/2 inch ones. A social security death index and the Massachusetts family history disc because don’t we all come from the Mayflower?

Anyhow. Fast forward and my father in law has passed and I remembered the notebook. My husband has very little interest in his ancestry, and while his parents were willing to talk about their history, they didn’t see the point either. And my family is a veritable treasure trove that keeps on giving.

I finally started on my father in laws tree. And not a single thing he believed was true. He probably told me what stuff he’d been told. He was very young when his dad died.

So, I have a hard time believing that old myths are real. I’ve discovered a lot of my myths aren’t real.

Last edited by Tallysmom; 01-11-2018 at 08:29 PM..

Old 01-11-2018, 10:02 PM

26,638 posts, read 28,466,335 times
I remember taking anthropology a long time ago and I wondered if their myths really were the truth. Many cultures all over the world share the same ancient stories and it's hard to believe that it's just co-incidence.

For me, since I was interested in the arts, I focused a lot on the similarity in ancient architecture and design. Why are there pyramids in Egypt and in S. America? There are similarities in step pyramids--can't recall offhand where they were but they exist also in Central America. Why? Mere co-incidence?

Why does the pottery that was made in ancient America resemble the pottery made in ancient China? What are the motifs/decorations so similar? Spirals, for example. Not to mention religious beliefs, stories, and even some words in ancient languages. There must have been communication. There must have been contact. Back when I was so interested in these things, I came across a lot of examples. But the anthropology professors always dismissed it.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:04 PM

27,537 posts, read 15,963,202 times
There has always been a story of pale little people that lived in a part of my region. I practically forgot about it when one night in a different area I saw something matching that description.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal