Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 02:10 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,796,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
These don't seem the same...
And two photographs of individuals don't accurately depict every person on the planet.

Edit: This boils down to limited scientific understanding at the time. Obviously, the observer(s) weren't able to comprehend what they saw. I mean, how can you explain that "smiley face" on the depiction of the sun. Simple minds are limited to simple explanations.

Last edited by Dirt Grinder; 01-18-2018 at 02:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 03:08 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,545,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
And two photographs of individuals don't accurately depict every person on the planet.

Edit: This boils down to limited scientific understanding at the time. Obviously, the observer(s) weren't able to comprehend what they saw. I mean, how can you explain that "smiley face" on the depiction of the sun. Simple minds are limited to simple explanations.
I wasn't talking about the old pictures. I was comparing the photographs in modern articles (I chose those two as typical) to the modern photograph linked from the OP.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:08 AM

22,864 posts, read 28,131,911 times
So did anyone actually read the articles? Or did you just head right to ancient aliens? Read the info. Look at the photos. They are pretty obviously military aircraft of some sort.

Old 01-18-2018, 10:07 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,477,081 times
Quote:

These things in the sky were literally battling with each other, some were crashing down to the ground...that does not sound like some kind of natural phenomena or mis-ID of something else.

Old 01-18-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
These things in the sky were literally battling with each other, some were crashing down to the ground...that does not sound like some kind of natural phenomena or mis-ID of something else.
How do you know they were "literally battling with each other"? Third-hand accounts of anything are rarely even remotely accurate.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:06 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,477,081 times
Quote:
How do you know they were "literally battling with each other"? Third-hand accounts of anything are rarely even remotely accurate.
"These all started to fight among themselves, so that the globes, which were first in the sun, flew out to the ones standing on both sides, thereafter, the globes standing outside the sun, in the small and large rods, flew into the sun. Besides the globes flew back and forth among themselves and fought vehemently with each other for over an hour. And when the conflict in and again out of the sun was most intense, they became fatigued to such an extent that they all, as said above, fell from the sun down upon the earth ‘as if they all burned’ and they then wasted away on the earth with immense smoke.

This is not third hand, its first hand accounts from people who saw it happen. Newspaper articles today report the same thing, first hand accounts from those who saw it happen, their descriptions.

After all this there was something like a black spear, very long and thick, sighted; the shaft pointed to the east, the point pointed west."

This is describing a big black triangle, people back then used terms they were familiar with in their descriptions.

Old 01-19-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
"These all started to fight among themselves, so that the globes, which were first in the sun, flew out to the ones standing on both sides, thereafter, the globes standing outside the sun, in the small and large rods, flew into the sun. Besides the globes flew back and forth among themselves and fought vehemently with each other for over an hour. And when the conflict in and again out of the sun was most intense, they became fatigued to such an extent that they all, as said above, fell from the sun down upon the earth ‘as if they all burned’ and they then wasted away on the earth with immense smoke.

This is not third hand, its first hand accounts from people who saw it happen. Newspaper articles today report the same thing, first hand accounts from those who saw it happen, their descriptions.

After all this there was something like a black spear, very long and thick, sighted; the shaft pointed to the east, the point pointed west."

This is describing a big black triangle, people back then used terms they were familiar with in their descriptions.
The people who saw it could give a first hand account. The newspaper account would be second hand. Yours is third hand.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:52 PM

It's still nothing more than a description of a sundog. Any explanation is limited by the education of the observer(s).

What if I told you I can pull a playing card through a pane of glass, and I proceeded to demonstrate that ability? What if I told you I have self-tying shoelaces, and you watch my shoelaces tie themselves before your eyes? In the 1500's I'd be burned alive for those demonstrations. Today, they are parlor tricks.

Old 01-19-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
It's still nothing more than a description of a sundog. Any explanation is limited by the education of the observer(s).

What if I told you I can pull a playing card through a pane of glass, and I proceeded to demonstrate that ability? What if I told you I have self-tying shoelaces, and you watch my shoelaces tie themselves before your eyes? In the 1500's I'd be burned alive for those demonstrations. Today, they are parlor tricks.
I'd be very impressed.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I'd be very impressed.
Ha ha!!! Then you'd enjoy the trick where I push a signed quarter into an unopened soda can, then proceed to open the can and pour the contents (including the quarter) into a glass.

Like I stated previously, these "magical" feats would have one burned alive back in the 16th century. Maybe they would even merit a woodcarving or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal