Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 01:27 AM

6,908 posts, read 6,819,931 times

Advertisements

The images of triangular craft show them either standing on runways or flying high up in the sky with con trails behind them. How about the ones which fly silently a few hundred feet above the observer? Where are they being reported in this article?

This is not jet or rocket technology it is something else. Currently our standard aircraft craft cannot hover silently or travel slowly at these heights.

Also, people have reported seeing jet fighters going along in a pair and one disappears and the other continues. People involved in cattle mutillations have reported seeing black unmarked helicopters which are silent but for a slight swishing noise as it flies overhead. Now, everyones recognises a normal helicopter noise when it flies overhead, dont they? But, this must be some other technology which has been developed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 09:17 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,480,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The images of triangular craft show them either standing on runways or flying high up in the sky with con trails behind them. How about the ones which fly silently a few hundred feet above the observer? Where are they being reported in this article?

This is not jet or rocket technology it is something else. Currently our standard aircraft craft cannot hover silently or travel slowly at these heights.

Also, people have reported seeing jet fighters going along in a pair and one disappears and the other continues. People involved in cattle mutillations have reported seeing black unmarked helicopters which are silent but for a slight swishing noise as it flies overhead. Now, everyones recognises a normal helicopter noise when it flies overhead, dont they? But, this must be some other technology which has been developed.
According to the CIA, back in the 60s and 70s, they used 'UFOs' as a cover for experimental aircraft they were working on, it was the best way to keep everyone guessing as to whose these craft belonged to.

Since it worked so well back then, I would imagine they use the same tactic to hide experimental aircraft today, If modern UFO reports are any indicator at the technology they are developing, its craft that can hover, and operate in total silence, have disabling effects on cell phones and other electronics nearby, and some kind of cloaking system that makes them nearly invisible to the naked eye.

I would say some black triangle reports today are really secret experimental aircraft...but not all of them.

Have to keep in mind, places like Area 51, Skunkworks, and other aircraft R&D places, they are said to be 30-50 years ahead of what the public is aware of.

Although this does not explain why we have not seen any of this technology trickle down yet, the most advanced fighter jet today is nothing compared to what these reported UFOs can do, so that is strange, if they had this technology, it would eventually trickle down or be revealed.

Old 01-20-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
It's still nothing more than a description of a sundog. Any explanation is limited by the education of the observer(s).

What if I told you I can pull a playing card through a pane of glass, and I proceeded to demonstrate that ability? What if I told you I have self-tying shoelaces, and you watch my shoelaces tie themselves before your eyes? In the 1500's I'd be burned alive for those demonstrations. Today, they are parlor tricks.
Show me any picture or video of a sundog that could be mistaken for a big black spear.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:45 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,912,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Show me any picture or video of a sundog that could be mistaken for a big black spear.
Hanss Glaser describes an impressive phenomenon witnessed "by many men and women". He doesn't in the text say that he personally witnessed the phenomenon. Eye witness testimony tends to get filtered and distorted by things like imperfect recollection of memories and embellishment. Particularly in a social setting, where people are telling what they've seen and correcting each other and there are others challenging the whole business, you can end up with a "consensus" whose details are quite different than the event itself.

https://www.livescience.com/16194-cr...-mistakes.html

If there were a spectacular display of sundogs and arcs, filtered through exaggerations on the part of viewers and the theological interpretation of the woodcut maker (as well as his own imperfect recollection of what he's been told), you could end up with an exaggerated and far from accurate retelling of the event.

Frequent Halos

Old 01-20-2018, 11:50 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,375,413 times
Probably an experimental drone. Everybody is working on them and Russia is working on one that is hypersonic. A ram jet. They also have the MIG-41 on the boards.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:58 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,545,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Probably an experimental drone. Everybody is working on them and Russia is working on one that is hypersonic. A ram jet. They also have the MIG-41 on the boards.
I know that you can't provide any evidence, but can you provide any rational argument whatsoever?

Here's a specific question for you to answer: why would any nation test an experimental aircraft over a foreign nation where an accident could result in its falling into the hands of that nation?

Old 01-21-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I know that you can't provide any evidence, but can you provide any rational argument whatsoever?

Here's a specific question for you to answer: why would any nation test an experimental aircraft over a foreign nation where an accident could result in its falling into the hands of that nation?
Why would a nation fly such experimental aircraft over its own highly populated cities too?!!

This is why they have places like Area 51 and Dulce to test experimental aircraft, its far away from large cities, they do not want people seeing these things for obvious reasons.

This is one area that doesnt make sense in regards to modern UFo reports, LOTS are reported over highly populated cities, they would NEVER test experimental aircraft in such a way. I have a sneaky feeling some of these are secret surveillance aircraft, and they are employing unknown/ secret technology to gather data.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:23 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,796,824 times
Quote:
Show me a photograph of the sun where it has a big smiley face.

Anyway, there are numerous photos of sundogs with all types of circles, angles, lines, projections, etc. I don't know why people are so quick to reject the obvious and embrace the ludicrous.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:

Anyway, there are numerous photos of sundogs with all types of circles, angles, lines, projections, etc. I don't know why people are so quick to reject the obvious and embrace the ludicrous.
Depicting the sun with a face was and is fairly common.

Old 01-22-2018, 12:53 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,545,889 times
Quote:
Why would a nation fly such experimental aircraft over its own highly populated cities too?!!

This is why they have places like Area 51 and Dulce to test experimental aircraft, its far away from large cities, they do not want people seeing these things for obvious reasons.
We are in agreement.

Quote:
This is one area that doesnt make sense in regards to modern UFo reports, LOTS are reported over highly populated cities, they would NEVER test experimental aircraft in such a way. I have a sneaky feeling some of these are secret surveillance aircraft, and they are employing unknown/ secret technology to gather data.
Secret surveillance aircraft are more secretive.

Quote:

Quote:
Depicting the sun with a face was and is fairly common.
He has you there, DG.

I believe that we can all agree that the smiling sun does not appear in photographs but only in artists' conceptions.

My question is: do sun-dogs have contrails as shown in the OP?

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/an...e-u-1564690286

What is ludicrous today may be within permissible scientific inquiry tomorrow. There's an interesting book dealing with that:

https://www.amazon.com/Personal-Know...ichael+polyani
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal