Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 01:12 PM

3,040 posts, read 4,983,325 times

Advertisements

I had an experience like this with my triplet brother, he died in a motorcycle accident in 1985, he visited me on occasion from 2003 to 2006. He didn't move anything, we just talked. 2006 was his last visit, he said he was returning and I would see him any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 02:42 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,043,377 times
I had a few coincidences happen regarding my grandma, about a year after she passed away.

They would seem insignificant to anybody who did not know her but at the time; I was going through a very low point in my life. I was addicted. I was exhausted. I was consumed by untreated PTSD. I was physically disabled from a mishandled OBGYN event. And I left. I left my kids with their grandparents & hitchhiked across the country with truckers to see the ocean.

I think part of me was daring the world to bring it on. To put me out of my misery. I remember reaching a brick building in OB (san diego) in the middle of the night in a dense fog & falling asleep in the parking lot.

The first thing I saw in the morning was a sign saying "Sacred Heart Church".

Oh; if you knew how much my grandma loved the devotion of the Sacred Heart ... the Litany was memorized, the scapular was worn, she was baptized, married & buried with masses in Sacred Heart Catholic churches.

So I just smiled to myself & thought "Hi, Grandma ..."

Later that day, riding a city bus; I was dumbfounded by a man who out of the blue, looked at me & said "Try not to worry; it won't do you a bit of good", as he rose to disembark from the bus.

My grandma... had sent me a card before she passed away but it didn't reach me until after her funeral. Inside the card, she wrote, "Try not to worry; I worried my whole life & it never did me a bit of good ..."

The man started to walk for the exit but stopped, turned & handed me a grocery bag, saying "Here you go; you look kind of hungry".

Inside the bag; it was full of packages of "Grandma's Cookie's". That was 20 years ago.

Now, I had almost forgotten about this until last March when my mom died. My dad called me incoherently & I had to rush to the rehab center with my 14-year-old Autistic son with me. Inside her room, my typically non-verbal son walked to her body, put his hands on her chest & said "You gave me jellybeans. I will see you when I die."

I quickly said my goodbyes & went to take him out of the room when I noticed a tray that the staff had brought in, containing "Grandma's cookies". I blurted out "Where did those come from?"

As I walked my son down the hall; he spoke again & said "From the other grandma." I said, "What other grandma?" And he said "There are two grandmas there, for my grandma".

A week later he made a video as a tribute to his grandma that shows two little characters bathed in light coming down to the bedside of his grandma, who was lying in the bed. As they draw near her; a light rises from her body & becomes a little character, who goes around the room kissing the crying characters at the bedside & then rises up with the two little "angel" characters out of the room & into the heavens.

I believe he may have been depicting my mom's mother & also my dad's mother, who was the "cookie" grandma; as her & my mom had been very close.

Last edited by coschristi; 02-12-2018 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: 20 years

Old 02-12-2018, 09:20 PM

587 posts, read 223,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj
I had an experience like this with my triplet brother, he died in a motorcycle accident in 1985, he visited me on occasion from 2003 to 2006. He didn't move anything, we just talked. 2006 was his last visit, he said he was returning and I would see him any more.
Im sorry about your brother Terry...... Im glad you had some more visits with him

Old 02-16-2018, 10:35 AM

12,696 posts, read 14,836,280 times
Nothing like this has ever happened to me, but CALGUY, as long as he's helping you, that's great! Now normally, I'd be scared stiff about this kind of thing, but if it's always positive helping & you know who this spirit is, I guess I wouldn't be as scared....still wouldn't really want it to happen to me personally though.

I wonder if you ever moved (to another place) would he move along w/ you & continue to help you out OR does stuff like only tend to happen in the dwelling when the person died?

Old 02-16-2018, 02:28 PM

859 posts, read 701,352 times
Next time, when such thing happens again, don't call Jr (your deceased friend) AT ALL and return back to the same place you put your stuff in it and search there.

Old 02-17-2018, 12:08 AM

8,472 posts, read 10,886,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Nothing like this has ever happened to me, but CALGUY, as long as he's helping you, that's great! Now normally, I'd be scared stiff about this kind of thing, but if it's always positive helping & you know who this spirit is, I guess I wouldn't be as scared....still wouldn't really want it to happen to me personally though.

I wonder if you ever moved (to another place) would he move along w/ you & continue to help you out OR does stuff like only tend to happen in the dwelling when the person died?
JR. died in the hospital when he was 32.
At the time I was living in a house across the street from where I live presently.

Soon after he died, I was sitting in the living room, thinking about him.

I felt a warm hand going across my forehead, stroking it back and forth.
At first it startled me, then I felt relaxed, because I knew it was him.

I use to rub his forehead sometimes to relax him.
I said out loud, "JR I know you are here".
"Show me you hear me".
Within a few seconds, the hanging lamp across the room started to sway back and forth.
It lasted about 30 seconds or so, then stopped abruptly as though someone grabbed it to stop it's motion.
He passed on my birthday in 1992, and I have been extremely fortunate in that we have been able to communicate.

Early on it was by EVP, but as the years passed, my hearing started to weaken, and I could no longer hear him through EVP.
Spirits work in mysterious ways.
One night I explained to him I would no longer be taping because I had trouble hearing him.

That was about five years ago.
Now, we still communicate, but whatever he did, I now hear him talking in my ear,
His voice is clear, and I hear him perfectly.
We communicate quite often.
One thing important to understand is, when he was living, we were as one.
WE could read each others thoughts.
That love and devotion did not end at his grave.

Bob.

Old 02-17-2018, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
Next time, when such thing happens again, don't call Jr (your deceased friend) AT ALL and return back to the same place you put your stuff in it and search there.
I had done an exhaustive search in every inch of the two sheds, as well as both my vehicles, and the house.
I had returned to my tool box one more time just to recheck, before going into the house, when I called out to him in the kitchen.
Then I went back to the shed once again, and that is when all the tools were back in the tool box, all except the lost wire cutters.
They were the only tool on the workbench, next to the toolbox.

Bob.

Old 02-17-2018, 12:52 AM

While we are on the subject of paranormal behavior, I have something else involving the two of us, that I would like to share with you.
To begin, one needs to know what dreams are all about, what they mean, why we have them, and why sometimes we remember them upon waking, and other times don't remember dreaming at all.
I have often quoted "The Spirit's Book when discussing dreams, because it goes into great length to discuss them.

Suffice to say, when we dream, we are witness to what our souls are doing while we sleep.
The soul's actions, are our dream.
When JR was living he told me on occasion that he always wanted to be a teacher.
He came from a poor upbringing, and could never have afforded a college education.
I could see the sadness in his eyes whenever we talked about it, which wasn't often.
I have only had two dreams that involved him, but one(the last) had me crying when I woke.
It didn't last long, but was very surreal.

I remember it as though it were yesterday, and will forever be engraved in my being, perhaps long after I pass on.
I was standing outside a school with a beautiful green lawn, waiting for JR.
He came up behind me, took my hand and told me "I have something I want to show you.
Like a kid at his first Christmas, I was excited, as we walked toward the school.
We walked into a classroom, and he seated me at the rear.
He walked to the head of the class, and began to teach the class.
I sat in that chair full of pride, and amazement.
I was so overcome with joy and pride, that I started to cry.
He had finally done what he couldn't achieve in this life.

When I woke, I was crying, but they were tears of joy.
In subsequent contact we still speak of his work, and his class.
What I learned, not only by this dream, but through reading, and other spirit contact is, spirits have things to do, much like we do in this life.
Many have task, and jobs to perform just as they did while in human form.

More often than not when a loved one passes, we find ourselves asking why, why now.
With JR'S passing, it opened up a whole new world for me, with experiences only the very fortunate among us will ever know.
It was meant to be , at that time, for me too, it was meant to be.

Bob.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:54 PM

102,092 posts, read 107,197,582 times
What I still want to know about stories like this, is how is someone in spirit (i.e. disembodied) form able to move physical objects? I'd like to know the physics of it. There's got to be an explanation. And if "spirits" have an electromagnetic field, which is the only way I can think of, that they're able to move things, what would be generating that EM field? They no longer have a body with an electrical function.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:07 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,478,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What I still want to know about stories like this, is how is someone in spirit (i.e. disembodied) form able to move physical objects? I'd like to know the physics of it. There's got to be an explanation. And if "spirits" have an electromagnetic field, which is the only way I can think of, that they're able to move things, what would be generating that EM field? They no longer have a body with an electrical function.
I dont believe spirit remains here. Energies manipulated from another dimension. Without voice, communication with spirit can be picked up through EVP, without a mediums assistance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal