Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 05:33 PM

18,755 posts, read 18,018,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What I still want to know about stories like this, is how is someone in spirit (i.e. disembodied) form able to move physical objects? I'd like to know the physics of it. There's got to be an explanation. And if "spirits" have an electromagnetic field, which is the only way I can think of, that they're able to move things, what would be generating that EM field? They no longer have a body with an electrical function.
Instead of relying on my dead mother or father to find what I misplaced; I always call my wife. She is great at finding the tools that I left in plain sight and could not find!

Sometimes I think that I don't see simply because I expect what I am looking for is in another place. So I do not record what is hiding in plain sight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 06:58 PM

8,472 posts, read 10,886,509 times
Quote:
What I still want to know about stories like this, is how is someone in spirit (i.e. disembodied) form able to move physical objects? I'd like to know the physics of it. There's got to be an explanation. And if "spirits" have an electromagnetic field, which is the only way I can think of, that they're able to move things, what would be generating that EM field? They no longer have a body with an electrical function.
Everything spirits do is done by thought.
They only have to think it to have it happen, thus being able to move objects.
How that relates to many of them having"duties" to perform in their world, I am not sure.

They live in a world that in human terms, could only be thought of as surreal, and many things in their world are by the process of thought.

I will give you an example I read about long ago.
I believe the book was "Life after Life", by Raymond Moody.
In it through evp, a wife was communicating with her husband who had passed.
He told her not to worry, he was fine, and that he would wait for her to join him.
He also told her "I have the house ready for you".

She could not understand what he meant.
He explained that the house was exactly the same as the house they shared for their entire married life.
It was in a green meadow with a beautiful manicured lawn.
She asked how was that possible?
He answered, "I only had to think it, and it is so".

As humans we ask ourselves, how can spirits do anything without a body, or brain?
I am of the belief that only those who dwell on the earth for whatever reason, need a brain.
The others that inhabit the universe are such that they function with out what we humans call a brain.
I believe as humans we are very low in the scheme of things in this universe.

Bob.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:38 PM

102,092 posts, read 107,197,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Instead of relying on my dead mother or father to find what I misplaced; I always call my wife. She is great at finding the tools that I left in plain sight and could not find!

Sometimes I think that I don't see simply because I expect what I am looking for is in another place. So I do not record what is hiding in plain sight!
I still want to know the physics of the spirit world.

Besides, yes, the OP may have left his pliers or whatever in plain sight. I thought of that right away. But then, at the end of the story, the other shoe dropped: he went back to his workbench, and ALL the tools had been put away. Could the OP be so airheaded, as to forget he put all this tools back, while searching for the one missing one? Seems doubtful. But who knows?

Old 02-20-2018, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Everything spirits do is done by thought.
They only have to think it to have it happen, thus being able to move objects.
How that relates to many of them having"duties" to perform in their world, I am not sure.

They live in a world that in human terms, could only be thought of as surreal, and many things in their world are by the process of thought.

I will give you an example I read about long ago.
I believe the book was "Life after Life", by Raymond Moody.
In it through evp, a wife was communicating with her husband who had passed.
He told her not to worry, he was fine, and that he would wait for her to join him.
He also told her "I have the house ready for you".

She could not understand what he meant.
He explained that the house was exactly the same as the house they shared for their entire married life.
It was in a green meadow with a beautiful manicured lawn.
She asked how was that possible?
He answered, "I only had to think it, and it is so".

As humans we ask ourselves, how can spirits do anything without a body, or brain?
I am of the belief that only those who dwell on the earth for whatever reason, need a brain.
The others that inhabit the universe are such that they function with out what we humans call a brain.
I believe as humans we are very low in the scheme of things in this universe.

Bob.
In Navajo cosmology, they say, "first, there was thought." Thinking is the precursor to creating. We can think things into being. Of course, living at our gross physical level, a lot more has to happen, usually, than mere thinking. But it all starts with an idea.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:49 PM

Quote:
I still want to know the physics of the spirit world.

Besides, yes, the OP may have left his pliers or whatever in plain sight. I thought of that right away. But then, at the end of the story, the other shoe dropped: he went back to his workbench, and ALL the tools had been put away. Could the OP be so airheaded, as to forget he put all this tools back, while searching for the one missing one? Seems doubtful. But who knows?
I would suggest, as I have many times on this site, that if you want to learn more about spirits, the most logical place to look would be to the spirits themselves.

You can google "The Spirit's Book,".
On the first link, you can download the entire book for free.
The spirits , through mediums, and automatic writing, have answered just about any question anyone could ask.

Now, as for not seeing those pliers, that didn't happen, they were absolutely missing.
As for me putting the tools back into the box, and not remembering, that too didn't happen.
I have a very keen mind, and when I returned to the shed and saw the tools back in the toolbox, I knew exactly how they got there.

Bob.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
I would suggest, as I have many times on this site, that if you want to learn more about spirits, the most logical place to look would be to the spirits themselves.

You can google "The Spirit's Book,".
On the first link, you can download the entire book for free.
The spirits , through mediums, and automatic writing, have answered just about any question anyone could ask.

Now, as for not seeing those pliers, that didn't happen, they were absolutely missing.
As for me putting the tools back into the box, and not remembering, that too didn't happen.
I have a very keen mind, and when I returned to the shed and saw the tools back in the toolbox, I knew exactly how they got there.

Bob.
"My" spirits don't speak English, so the medium isn't able to convey much to me, except their facial expressions! One of them is able to speak some broken English. That's it. Physics instruction, or "how the spirit world works" is not a topic option under those conditions. But I'll check out the book, thank you.

And yes, I've read Moody, but it was so long ago, I don't remember the part you mentioned. Time for a review. Quite a few Near Death Experiencers have said that all they had to do, to change environments "on the other side", moving from one place to another, was think of where they wanted to be, basically will themselves to be anywhere, and there they were.

Old 02-21-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
"My" spirits don't speak English, so the medium isn't able to convey much to me, except their facial expressions! One of them is able to speak some broken English. That's it. Physics instruction, or "how the spirit world works" is not a topic option under those conditions. But I'll check out the book, thank you.

And yes, I've read Moody, but it was so long ago, I don't remember the part you mentioned. Time for a review. Quite a few Near Death Experiencers have said that all they had to do, to change environments "on the other side", moving from one place to another, was think of where they wanted to be, basically will themselves to be anywhere, and there they were.
Over the years(close to 30) I have read many publications having to do with spirits, and the paranormal, and the consensus is, spirits can speak any language, at any time.
If your medium was not able to convey the spirit message, that was the fault of the medium, not any spirit.

Bob.

Old 03-21-2018, 03:47 PM

17,378 posts, read 13,150,314 times
Quote:
This is not the first time something that came up missing was found by him, and put where I would find it.
I have had a few difficult situations over the years, and that guiding hand has always been there and got me through it.
The minute I walked into the shed, and saw the wire cutters on the bench, I knew how it happened.

Bob.
Sounds like a ghost movie

Old 03-22-2018, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Sounds like a ghost movie
You speak of a movie, which made me recall the movie "ghost", with Patrick Swazee, and Demi Moore.
In one scene Demi is in her apartment standing by the door, and is trying to communicate with her deceased husband.
She does not know if she can, and absolutely needs too.
He is on the other side of the door.
He is explaining he only has to think to make things happen, that he IS real.
She is confused about his being real, and still in her life.

He tells her to watch the penny lying on the floor in front of her.
The penny begins to rise, and slides up the face of the door.
This was a movie imitating spirit behavior.

I have witnessed movement of objects that were the reaction to my deceased partner's thoughts.
In later contact he explained the events just as I had seen them.

Many have experienced what is called a near death experience, and wrote about it. (NDE)
In most cases the experience seemed very real, and in fact are.
Many state it was beautiful, quiet, loving etc, and some did not want to return to this plain.

Just as when we dream, nde's are very similar.
We are witness to what t the spirit within us sees, when we experience an nde.

Spirits can do anything, and see anything, just merely by thought.

Because we humans are endowed with a physical body, and brain, we do not possess the ability, or capability to understand the abilities of spirits, and how they are able to function, let alone have thoughts, and actions controlled merely by thought.

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal