Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 05:45 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,903,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Admiral Nimitz, another man who died at home,, authorized the 1947 expedition. That's just a coincidence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chester_W._Nimitz#Death
Yeah, a guy who is 80 years old dying of a stroke is really suspicious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 05:51 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,340,409 times
I just read "Mind over Matter" by Ranulph Fiennes and it is about his unsupported journey on foot across Antarctica. Anyone who for a second would believe that there is a city under that ice is simply woefully misinformed. Mirages are common at the poles, and no evidence exists of an entire city- in fact, man cannot live there for more than a few SECONDS without insane protection. Its a spacescape and that to me is far more interesting than groundless speculation on hidden cities.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:55 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,340,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ya know, even if they did find something extraordinary there, they would not legally be allowed to reveal this to the public. There is a law on the books that deals with releasing news or information that has the potential to cause a mass panic.
DO please tell us this "law".

Scientists are a tough group to keep shut. They communicate with one another constantly, they are the most inquisitive people on earth and if there was genuine evidence they would be the first to be screaming. That is their nature. There is NO law on the books for anything of this sort.

Granted, I believe in a number of things for which the evidence is questionable, but it really makes me angry when people believe anything under the sun. It wastes valuable time that could be spent investigating that small number of true mysteries in the world and discredits those who have genuine interest in such things.

Old 01-29-2018, 06:07 PM

3,270 posts, read 2,314,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There is also the more recent occasion when I believe it was John Kerry, or Al Gore, saying there was something dangerous in Antarctica, cant recall the exact details of this, but remember reading about it.

I do not believe in the inner earth theory, but I do believe there may be something there that they do want the public to know about.
Not to get political but once I see Al Gore or John Kerry, I smell fiction. I'm outta this thread.

Old 01-29-2018, 06:25 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,528,466 times
Author H.P. Lovecraft, a man who was known to faint when the temperature fell below 40, wrote "At the Mountains of Madness," a supposedly fictional account of a prehuman civilization in Antarctica. Lovecraft neither drank nor smoked and ate the simplest foods, but he died of stomach cancer at the age of 47.

Now, we have three idiopathic deaths.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:40 PM

4,163 posts, read 4,399,510 times
Perhaps the more relevant question would be what are various foreign heads of state and even the pope doing visiting Antarctica? Or why would an octogenarian Astronaut in poor health go there? (Buzz Aldrin) Here's an interesting article
https://usawatchdog.com/why-are-worl...-steve-quayle/
Why Are World Leaders Visiting Antarctica?-Steve Quayle

I'm envisioning the Buzz Aldrin exchange:
"Buzz we want you to look at these things and tell us if they the same things you saw on the lunar landscape?"
or "was this the same craft you told us about that we made you swear to not speak about to public?"

Last edited by ciceropolo; 01-29-2018 at 09:14 PM..

Old 01-29-2018, 11:21 PM

This is becoming a very exciting thread.

Old 01-29-2018, 11:33 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,769,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
This is becoming a very exciting thread.
I'm surprised Yeti hasn't been mentioned yet.

BTW - the Hairy-Chested Yeti crab (Kiwa tyleri) is a pretty cool critter found down there.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I'm surprised Yeti hasn't been mentioned yet.

BTW - the Hairy-Chested Yeti crab (Kiwa tyleri) is a pretty cool critter found down there.
They must be tiny.

You and I have been scolded for being off-topic. Inasmuch as our moderator here is one of the nicest, if not the nicest, on this message board, we must be respectful to her.

See my new thread.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:46 AM

159 posts, read 285,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
It's a hole in the ozone layer.
Organism 46B
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal