Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 04:45 PM

2,425 posts, read 2,424,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The Army installation I used to work at has a huge solar panel array and there were always scores of dead birds in and around it. Have absolutely zero clue what exactly was killing them, but, it seems reasonable it is some thing to do with the panel array.

Now that I think about it, Dungway Proving Ground, the Army's chemical weapons testing area, is in Utah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 07:37 AM

18,126 posts, read 15,521,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Now that I think about it, Dungway Proving Ground, the Army's chemical weapons testing area, is in Utah.

mmm hmmm. As is Tuele. The chemical de mil facility tier 1.

Old 02-04-2018, 07:40 AM

6,905 posts, read 6,799,179 times
Just been reading a book by John A Keel called Our Haunted Planet and in that he says that many (yes, many) planes have crashed into...nothing. There has been nothing visible and the planes have crashed into something which was hidden and solid. needless to say, the pilots died and passengers with them too. This phenomena goes back to the years before WW2 at around page 178 he describes people witnesing planes flying along and then hitting something in mid flight. Even accident investigators report 'it hit something heavy' but they dont know what.

I suspect that there are UFOs which are invisible to us and they are just parked observing us. These are the things which cause the birds to be killed and planes to crash in the reported incidents.

Old 02-05-2018, 05:29 AM

166 posts, read 167,978 times
i could be because of a toxic elements in the atmosphere or military sound/machine testing. i remember my grandpa telling me stories about strange noises from the sky and dead birds falling down. it ended up as military test of a new fighter.

Old 02-05-2018, 04:57 PM

18,754 posts, read 17,977,261 times
It doesn't have to be toxic to kill birds. Detergent and the right temperature will kill thousands: https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/v...wdmbirdcontrol. That is what they used years ago to control the large flocks; but it doesn't discriminate - it will kill all the birds in the roost.

My thinking is that it might be possible that the flock got too close to a factory that used scrubbers and maybe detergent? Or maybe the accidental discharge of a chemical that acted like a detergent?

Old 04-05-2023, 09:08 AM

really, really old thread. I clicked on page 51 to try to find something worth discussing.

How can we make sense of all this when the scientists dont investigate anything unusual and when they do, they either dont publish results or they give us ridiculous reasons for the phenomena. I am losing confidence in those who should be giving us answers like scientists and the government.

Old 04-06-2023, 02:06 AM

18,754 posts, read 17,977,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
really, really old thread. I clicked on page 51 to try to find something worth discussing.

How can we make sense of all this when the scientists dont investigate anything unusual and when they do, they either dont publish results or they give us ridiculous reasons for the phenomena. I am losing confidence in those who should be giving us answers like scientists and the government.
Did you check post number 10 by NYplumber ("The Army installation I used to work at has a huge solar panel array and there were always scores of dead birds in and around it. Have absolutely zero clue what exactly was killing them, but, it seems reasonable it is something to do with the panel array.")?

Even the OP's first link no longer works. My feeling is that we are now 100% going green and hell with the torpedoes, full speed ahead. Our government and the green industry do not want negativity, they do not want to hear of dead birds or dead whales, or environmentally unfriendly hazardous waste.

Old 04-06-2023, 05:08 AM

I think we have all heard of falling frogs, fish, and all kinds of weird things falling from the sky. Some people say it is water spouts picking up things from the sea or lakes or tornadoes clearing out ponds. Yes, it could be but we could probably find out by doing eDNA analysis on the samples left behind.

We often get news reports of flocks of birds which fall dead or nearly dead from the sky. To say that it is toxic gas and they all die at the same place, is a little bit of a stretch for my imagination. Any gas like that would spread them out over a larger area because not all bodies react the same and with the same speed to toxic substances.

Old 04-06-2023, 06:00 AM

61,153 posts, read 85,977,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I think we have all heard of falling frogs, fish, and all kinds of weird things falling from the sky. Some people say it is water spouts picking up things from the sea or lakes or tornadoes clearing out ponds. Yes, it could be but we could probably find out by doing eDNA analysis on the samples left behind.

We often get news reports of flocks of birds which fall dead or nearly dead from the sky. To say that it is toxic gas and they all die at the same place, is a little bit of a stretch for my imagination. Any gas like that would spread them out over a larger area because not all bodies react the same and with the same speed to toxic substances.
No gas or anything like that, but it's the bolded.
Better explained here:
https://earthsky.org/earth/raining-fish-and-frogs

Old 04-11-2023, 11:05 PM

4,370 posts, read 4,790,158 times
A fish collided with a jet:

https://news.alaskaair.com/alaska-airlines/flying-fish/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal