Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 03:48 AM

671 posts, read 442,070 times

Advertisements

Fake. Automated face. Watch it blink.
I'm surprised Les even published that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 08:03 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,157,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Roughly two thirds of the population has smartphones that can take pretty good pictures. It is one thing to say you saw something and it is another thing to prove it. Like the time my wife and I spotted a mountain lion in a state that has no mountain lions - we had no proof and I could not get a Game Commission officer to look for signs and tracks to verify our sighting. Without the proof it is just a report and nothing more. While I have told many people of our sighting; that does not mean that everybody has to believe without that proof. One good video picture, or one little clump of hair or one little glob of poo would do with today's DNA testing. This has gone on for so many years and our world gets smaller every year as technology improves. We need tangible evidence.

one little glob of poo would do with today's DNA testing. What are you expecting it to tell us?

Old 02-26-2018, 09:33 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,513,602 times
Quote:
Roughly two thirds of the population has smartphones that can take pretty good pictures. It is one thing to say you saw something and it is another thing to prove it. Like the time my wife and I spotted a mountain lion in a state that has no mountain lions - we had no proof and I could not get a Game Commission officer to look for signs and tracks to verify our sighting. Without the proof it is just a report and nothing more. While I have told many people of our sighting; that does not mean that everybody has to believe without that proof. One good video picture, or one little clump of hair or one little glob of poo would do with today's DNA testing. This has gone on for so many years and our world gets smaller every year as technology improves. We need tangible evidence.
People who travel the back country have phones, cameras, and other gear stowed. Binoculars are in a protective case; guns are in secure holsters. It's not like the movies.

I know a man who believes he may have seen something. He doesn't carry a camera at the ready. He's only told a few people.

If you think that you saw a mountain lion why didn't you look for tracks and scat? BTW, how many clumps of hair have you noticed in your travels?

I've been roaming the back country for over fifty years. I've never seen a wolf, lynx, bobcat, wolverine, badger, or many other animals that are known to exist.

Old 02-26-2018, 11:03 AM

18,754 posts, read 17,961,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
People who travel the back country have phones, cameras, and other gear stowed. Binoculars are in a protective case; guns are in secure holsters. It's not like the movies.

I know a man who believes he may have seen something. He doesn't carry a camera at the ready. He's only told a few people.

If you think that you saw a mountain lion why didn't you look for tracks and scat? BTW, how many clumps of hair have you noticed in your travels?

I've been roaming the back country for over fifty years. I've never seen a wolf, lynx, bobcat, wolverine, badger, or many other animals that are known to exist.
If they have everything stored; they probably have a rifle ready in their hands! Not every sighting of one of your BF are in 'back country'. Many of the supposed sightings are close to house and towns. In those cases people do have cellphones read - heck; they are talking on them! Even in the 'back country' many would still keep their phones not stored in their gear; but in an easily accessible pocket. You do want it in case of an emergency (if you have reception).

Every single year that goes by our world gets smaller. More cameras; more planes, more and better drones and satellites. This hunt for credible evidence is no better today than it was sixty or seventy years ago. We keep hearing those hollering: "But a friend of a friend believes" - it would not hold up in court.

As far as my sighting with the mountain lion; I was in our pickup truck with my wife at the time. I chased it down the dirt road in the truck when it sprung off the road into the red brush we have growing in our area. I did not want to stop too long because my wife would have used it as an excuse to get out of fishing! Some women are not good at multitasking in the wild!

I never saw a wild turkey until about 25 years ago and now they are allover the place. Same way as I never saw coyotes years ago; but have now I have seen them right behind my house. We had a bobcat that liked to stand on the roof of an old dog house and let our a blood chilling scream in the middle of the night. We also saw a badger crossing the road in one of the Western states. We never saw a lynx that I know about. So what does that have to do with a mythical creature? All of the animals that you mention have hard evidence to back up their existence.

I am not trying to be obtuse or a hard sell; but I need solid evidence before I will cross over to be a believer. I do not take people simply on their word; I would be broke today if that was the case!

Old 02-26-2018, 11:11 AM

Have you ever carried a rifle in your hands on a hike?

No one else does either. People who do this keep their hands empty.

Have you ever been in a remote area without a vehicle close? I mean less than a few miles.

Old 02-26-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Have you ever carried a rifle in your hands on a hike?

No one else does either. People who do this keep their hands empty.

Have you ever been in a remote area without a vehicle close? I mean less than a few miles.
Actually I like to keep my weapon in my hands. Yes; sometimes I do sling it - but you don't keep them packed away! Growing up I always had a lot of territory to hunt and fish; not so much any more. But my camp does own 650 acres three miles back on a dirt road - so that is pretty remote. I know that it is not as remote as out West. But it was remote enough to sight the mountain lion.

Are you saying we are not remote enough, so by your definition, we will never see mythical beast?

Last edited by fisheye; 02-26-2018 at 11:31 AM..

Old 02-26-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Actually I like to keep my weapon in my hands. Yes; sometimes I do sling it - but you don't keep them packed away! Growing up I always had a lot of territory to hunt and fish; not so much any more. But my camp does own 650 acres three miles back on a dirt road - so that is pretty remote. I know that it is not as remote as out West. But it was remote enough to sight the mountain lion.
I never carry a long gun.

Quote:
Are you saying if we are not remote enough, so by your definition, we will never see mythical beast?
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Old 02-26-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
I never carry a long gun.
I grew up shooting on my HS rifle team and watching Chuck Connors! What can I say?

Quote:
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
I haven't seen one in 71 years and I am not going to start holding my breath now (I have to save the few I have left)!

Old 02-26-2018, 04:30 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,832,515 times
Quote:

But about a bajillion other people have, and there are a bajillion pictures.

There are also many many many many many many dead wolves, lynx, bobcat, wolverine, badger and so on that have been picked over, studied by science and/or stuffed, and many many many of all of these, live, right now, in zoos, visible and almost touchable, if you don't care about keeping your fingers.

There is not one Bigfoot in a zoo, I guarantee you. Not one dead Bigfoot. Not one Bigfoot skeleton. Not one claw not attributable to another animal. Not one tuft of hair not attributable, by DNA testing, to another animal. Zero, zip.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:37 PM

19,580 posts, read 20,395,815 times
That Todd guy is a total hack.
Lying attention *****.
Definitely has some loose screws.
Les loses all credibility hanging out with this jackass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal