Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 04:59 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,333,276 times

Advertisements

The Rangers should have checked to see if she had a medicinal marijuana card.
She must have not known that bears have big feet also !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 06:41 PM

3,638 posts, read 3,760,707 times
I like the idea that there may be a "Bigfoot" creature out there. I've heard a couple people say they "think" they saw one. Didn't go on about it, didn't sell the home place and become obsessed. Just saw something that didn't fit the form and movement of bear, which we are familiar with.

Interesting to ponder.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:19 PM

6,908 posts, read 6,819,931 times
I assume bear tracks look like bear tracks to the people who know bears. There are enough good witnesses now who say they have seen this Bigfoot thing up-close and who cannot mistake a bear for a bigfoot.

The court document is available so you can see what she is claiming.

Something will come out of this and you guys who do not believe in it will probably have a nose or two put out-of-joint and then we will go on to the next cryptid to argue about. However, if it does go to court (March 19th I believe) then we will see what the authorities know and it should bring out some interesting stuff.

The woman has been studying Bigfoot for many years and knows what she is talking about so I guess she is a good person to bring a case like this. I think it is going to be difficult for the government as if it is proved Bigfoot exists in a court of law, then they have to provide it with protection from humans as well as protection of humans from it. Rather like any large animal which is endagered and rare.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:17 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,544,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I assume bear tracks look like bear tracks to the people who know bears. There are enough good witnesses now who say they have seen this Bigfoot thing up-close and who cannot mistake a bear for a bigfoot.

The court document is available so you can see what she is claiming.

Something will come out of this and you guys who do not believe in it will probably have a nose or two put out-of-joint and then we will go on to the next cryptid to argue about. However, if it does go to court (March 19th I believe) then we will see what the authorities know and it should bring out some interesting stuff.

The woman has been studying Bigfoot for many years and knows what she is talking about so I guess she is a good person to bring a case like this. I think it is going to be difficult for the government as if it is proved Bigfoot exists in a court of law, then they have to provide it with protection from humans as well as protection of humans from it. Rather like any large animal which is endagered and rare.
One word...Photoshop

Old 03-01-2018, 09:44 PM

6,658 posts, read 2,840,335 times
Claudia Ackley of Crestline filed the lawsuit in San Bernardino Superior Court on Jan. 18, spurred by her alleged encounter with multiple Sasquatches. Ackley, described as a "Bigfoot enthusiast and researcher," says she and her daughters saw three Sasquatches on a dusk hike at Lake Arrowhead last year.

Okay, okay. I don't doubt that she saw them ...but what I want to know is how she knew that the three Sasquatches were on a dusk hike . . .?

Old 03-01-2018, 10:03 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,544,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Claudia Ackley of Crestline filed the lawsuit in San Bernardino Superior Court on Jan. 18, spurred by her alleged encounter with multiple Sasquatches. Ackley, described as a "Bigfoot enthusiast and researcher," says she and her daughters saw three Sasquatches on a dusk hike at Lake Arrowhead last year.

Okay, okay. I don't doubt that she saw them ...but what I want to know is how she knew that the three Sasquatches were on a dusk hike . . .?
What else would they be doing at dusk? Foraging? Nah. Taking a dump? Nah. Watching the Kardashians? Nah. Definitely hiking.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:22 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,080,694 times
I would imagine its to get them to admit they are real and to warn people about them and produce maps of where they are likely to be etc.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:39 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,133,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

The woman has been studying Bigfoot for many years and knows what she is talking about so I guess she is a good person to bring a case like this.
How do you study something which is so rare that it's existence itself is in doubt?

Quote:
I think it is going to be difficult for the government as if it is proved Bigfoot exists in a court of law,
If it is proved that Bigfoot indeed does exist, that would turn the tables completely, won't it?

Quote:
then they have to provide it with protection from humans as well as protection of humans from it. Rather like any large animal which is endagered and rare.
I understand that the govt can protect endangered animals from humans. How does it protect humans from them?

Old 03-02-2018, 01:20 AM

6,658 posts, read 2,840,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romulusxxv
claudia ackley of crestline filed the lawsuit in san bernardino superior court on jan. 18, spurred by her alleged encounter with multiple sasquatches. Ackley, described as a "bigfoot enthusiast and researcher," says she and her daughters saw three sasquatches on a dusk hike at lake arrowhead last year.

okay, okay. I don't doubt that she saw them ...but what i want to know is how she knew that the three sasquatches were on a dusk hike . . .?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
what else would they be doing at dusk? Foraging? Nah. Taking a dump? Nah. Watching the kardashians? Nah. Definitely hiking.
Good one ...

Old 03-02-2018, 01:45 AM

6,908 posts, read 6,819,931 times
Quote:
I understand that the govt can protect endangered animals from humans. How does it protect humans from them?
How do you protect humans from any potentially dangerous animal? By warning people that they are coming into an area where thes4e potentially dangerous animals are living and by restricting access to some areas too. Studying them, educating people about them, etc.

Quote:
How do you study something which is so rare that it's existence itself is in doubt?
There are people who say they interact with them, so something is known about them. Once they are officially recognised, then these people can come out in the open more.

I believe the government knows quite a lot about them already due to the reports made to the police and the Park Services. Of course, we wont know until later, if the case goes through, but the government has not got long to settle out of court (17-18 days more) I dont think she would settle out of court anyway so they may have to try something else to stop her... What would a friendly government do I wonder?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal