Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 01:24 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,080,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
The right to feed the same junk food she apparently enjoys, to endangered wild critters? That's the 333rd Amendment, I believe.

Or a medicinal photoshop card.

"Proving" something via blurred photos, many of which look like a guy in a bigfoot suit (I know a lot about this, I wore one trick-or-treating last Halloween) or an artist rendering, will be fun.

The state should counter-sue, she's endangering an endangered species by leaving out Fritos and sodie pop.
If she's such a bigfoot expert, she should know they love sirloin steak, medium rare, baked potatoes with lots of butter, and green beans slightly rare. What a fraud!!!

Seconded.

They were wearing Nike Dusk Hike hiking shoes. What?

LOLZ! Well, they MIGHT have been watching the Kardashians on their iphones.

Like the San Francisco maps that show you where the poop and used needles are? That would be handy!
That would be helpful
Or if it was built into our iPhone gps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 07:14 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,464,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I guess that you think that you're answering my post, but you are not. I haven't made the claim that someone or something is trying to stop an investigation. My point is that there hasn't yet been a scientific investigation.
That is your statement, but it is wrong. There have been studies, but more importantly, and this is a big BUT, nobody is your slave doing exactly what you want them to do. If you are interested go get something to be examined.

Old 03-03-2018, 11:41 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,043,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
"Information" is not always evidence; it can be hearsay. Also not all wildlife biologist have the same training or credibility. Some are clearly in it for the money or to sell their books.

As far as leading to an investigation; don't we have current investigations in progress? Have we not had investigations for decades; maybe even centuries. We have better tools today than we have ever had. Every day our world grows smaller. People can now buy drones and scan large tracts of land quickly. Once the leaves fall in our forest; large dark brown primates would stand out like a sore thumb. They would even be visible from a low flying small plane (like we don't have any of those in our skies). If hunters can see wolves from the air; would it not be possible to see any BF?
I’ve never seen a Bigfoot. And while I’m not totally convinced; I can’t be a skeptic either because I’m familiar with the potential evidence that is available. And yes; a lot of it is ... Information. If you read quite a bit of it you can identify consistency & patterns. And you don’t get the luxury of easy reading. I avoid cookie cutter sites & CNN/ network news equally.

Absence of evidence does not equal evidence of absence.

And I disagree that our world has become smaller. It’s still the same size ... it’s our range of experience that’s become smaller. Our daily knowledge intake is a pasteurized, homogenized, new Google/SocialMedia filtered content for a society that now spends 90% of it’s time indoors.

Speaking of Google: Satellite imagery isn’t going to show us anything. It’s based on composite layers & if an object only appears in one layer vs the next 5; it gets deleted by software before it gets uploaded.

And we don’t have a plethora of scientific investigations. We do have a ton of expeditions. Those are not scientific investigations. In fact, the one study that would qualify as research did not solve a mystery as much as it revealed another one. It was DNA analysis of hair/fur strands collected from reported sightings locations:

“ ... of the 30 samples that did yield DNA contained base-pair sequences that were 100% compatible with known mammal species, though in certain instances the hair sample was reported to have been obtained from a region well outside the species’ known geographical range. In two instances (samples 25 025 and 25 191), the gene sequence matched not an extant species, but a fossil sequence obtained from a Pleistocene polar bear
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4100509/

IMO, that’s some pretty interesting stuff & no, I’m not insinuating that I think this means BF is a thought-to-be extinct bear ... I think it’s really cool that the bears are not exactly who we thought they were.

And bears, as far as I am aware, are not exactly a controversial species. Point being: Bears weren’t even a hard one & we had it wrong. Since that article was published (2014 I think) there has been a flurry of Bear DNA studies. We are back to ground zero with bears & im supposed to be confident enough in “scientific evidence” to adopt an Ethnocentric position on BF? Nope.

I’ve seen “lack of finding remains” mentioned. Do skeletal remains count? Because there are too many reports of huge human-like skeletons being discovered to even count:

Monmouth Daily Atlas, Friday, May 6, 1921, Monmouth, Illinois
“SKELETON OF GIANT FOUND ...skeleton of a prehistoric giant found in a gravel bed of a farm near here” (Arm bones were reported as being twice as large as those of an average man.)
Rhineland New North, Thursday, July 23, 1908, Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“The skeleton was nearly eight feet in height and the arms extended several inches below the hips.”(Near Pelican Lake).
Sandusky Evening Star, Wednesday, April 6, 1904, Sandusky, Ohio
“GIANT SKELETON FOUND A giant skeleton has been unearthed at the VVoolerton farm, ...skeleton measures eight feet from the top of the head to the ankles, the feet being missing. The skull is huge...skeleton was one of several found buried in the form of a wheel under a mound, with the feet toward the hub.”
El Paso Herald Post, Monday, April 27, 1931, El Paso, Texas
“SKELETON OF GIANT INDIAN Evidence Ancient Race Inhabited Nevada By John T Reid...skeleton of a seyen and a half foot Indian which he offered evidences that giants once inhabited the region”

Who said there are no sightings from pilots? There are many. The following actually mentions 2 separate pilot sightings in the same area, about one year apart:

San Mateo Times, Saturday, January 4, 1964, San Mateo, California
“The latest report came Friday, from the Tuolumne County Sherff’s deputies, who say that a pilot, whom they decline to identify, reported seeing a "10-foot man with an ape-like face" standing in the snow”

Like I said; I haven’t seen one. And I don’t have a problem stating “I don’t know yet”.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
potential evidence
What is "potential evidence"?

Old 03-05-2018, 06:21 AM

22,864 posts, read 28,131,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
What is "potential evidence"?
Wishful thinking?

Old 03-05-2018, 10:00 AM

14,989 posts, read 23,799,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
These kinds of things never reach the courtroom, due to what could possibly be revealed during a public hearing.

Just like the UFO issue, Im sure they have good reason for seeking to keep this thing secret.
Bigfoot possesses advanced alien technology and are slowly replacing humans with bigfoot clones in human disguise? I never considered that.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:01 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,477,081 times
Im surprised its not been mentioned in this thread, Sasquatch was mentioned in an older publication, Its been awhile since Ive seen it, but will search and post the link.

Here it is, it was from 1975 Army Corps of Engineers handbook, and also a newspaper article about it, apparently the FBI has done hair analysts!Interesting that the FBI found they were from no human or animal.

bigfoot and the FBI
Attached Thumbnails
Woman suing California Fish & Wildlife over Bigfoot sighting-bfnewspaper.png  

Last edited by rstevens62; 03-05-2018 at 11:11 AM..

Old 03-05-2018, 01:56 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,896,359 times
So why would "the government" or whomever be hiding "evidence" for this creature but not others? New subspecies of animals or even entirely new species have been discovered numerous times over the past half century or so and mysteriously, "the government" hasn't "hidden" the "evidence." At all. JUST for Bigfoot. That doesn't give believers pause?

It just wouldn't make sense for "Them" (capital T) to hide just ONE new species but blare all the others over every possible news and scientific journal outlet.

I doubt that it's because it's supposedly human-like, either. Science is always informing the public about new fossils that shed different views on humanity's past. We all remember The Hobbit (H. floresiensis). Nobody even blinked that a "midget" protohuman skeleton had been found. Nobody "hid" it.

Yet Bigfoot enthusiasts are quick to say the government wants to hide revelations of new animals, in particular new hominids or the like; I doubt it...the actual, legitimate evidence (i.e., news that we can actually read with our own eyes) refutes this automatically.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
So why would "the government" or whomever be hiding "evidence" for this creature but not others?
Because the US Gubment is evil. This is the kind of stuff they do to keep people down.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:53 PM

6,908 posts, read 6,818,560 times
This thread has brought out the usual skeptics, thats good. We can see the ones who really do not want this topic discussed and brought out into the open.

So, we have 1975 article saying that the FBI did do some testing on samples. However, the analysis is not in the file...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal