Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 10:00 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times

Advertisements

Does he live in Coloweedo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 11:45 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
What else could UFO's possibly be if not alien? How about experimental aircraft? I saw one up close. It had small square windows like you'd see in a conventional aircraft. It had red and white flashing like you'd see on a conventional aircraft. Do I think it was alien? No.
I could buy into experimental aircraft except that these have been seen for decades and longer. Also, any aircraft that is tested would also be seen by foreign spy satellites so they wouldn't be secret for very long. I remember seeing the stealth bomber fly over in the Mojave desert while it was still experimental but it never occurred to me it could be alien because nothing I saw gave me that impression although it certainly was an amazing looking aircraft.

Old 03-17-2018, 02:16 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I could buy into experimental aircraft except that these have been seen for decades and longer. Also, any aircraft that is tested would also be seen by foreign spy satellites so they wouldn't be secret for very long. I remember seeing the stealth bomber fly over in the Mojave desert while it was still experimental but it never occurred to me it could be alien because nothing I saw gave me that impression although it certainly was an amazing looking aircraft.
Spy satellites have a limited view, the time passes are known, and they aren't going to see anything at night. Obviously if secrecy is desired we will find a way to achieve that. Stealth aircraft were never operated in the daytime because they were vulnerable to visual detection like any other aircraft and because of their stealth mission specific designs, lacked the speed necessary to evade anti-aircraft missiles. So if you don't want the public to see your new fighter, or to have your $2B bomber shot down, then you fly at night when its impossible to see, and you keep it in a hangar under high security when its not flying. That's how you can fly an advanced aircraft for 20 years and still not have anyone (or at least, the general public or the enemy) know that it exists or what it looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
By shrugging it off and saying it's a missile or not taking into account that it was viewed visually not just on radar as a glitch of some sort, one disqualifies the Navy pilot.
I'm somewhat aware of the black programs but even that could not possibly explain technology that is at least hundreds of years ahead of it's time. No visual exhaust, no sonic boom, being able to make 90 degree turns at lightning speed and taking off at above supersonic speed from a standing position without at least some visual acceleration. That's what the pilot said he witnessed. Anything the gov does, doesn't remain secret for very long when you consider there are people that will go rogue and Russians and Chinese looking into everything we do especially with technology and military and the existence of high tech spy satellites . The U.S. gov would have had to have kept this a complete secret for decades already. I don't think so, but I'm not big on gov conspiracy theories but I know there is some credibility to this as well, but not in this case.
I think there is more out there that many people are comfortable with including those in the military and government and I don't blame them.
First of all there was no visual sighting in this latest video from 2015. According to the article, this was a sensor intercept (infrared - so the object obviously is quite a bit warmer than the water below it). It is either using some exothermic process to generate lift or its being heated by passage through the air, in any case, its radiating some heat. But, it is simply too small to see with the naked eye from 25,000 feet. You can tell that even with a lot of magnification and image stabilization from the onboard camera system, it is still just a speck. So the pilots would not have been able to observe this object directly given their position relative to it.

Second...the object at no time made any deviation from straight and level flight (in this video).

You also refer to someone saying in an interview the object exhibited non-ballistic movements such as making a 90 degree turn at high speed, I must have missed that. That is apparently a reference to a different incident...that is a 2004 video, not the 2015 video.

But there is not a comment about a 90 degree turn at high speed in either video, neither of which shows anything exhibiting non-ballistic motions or doing anything that a conventional aircraft cannot do. I did watch the interview with Tucker Carlson and the pilot from the 2004 incident, and the actions he claimed the object made are not on the video. Where is the video of this object accelerating out of sight in two seconds?

Again, nobody is disqualifying what these aviators have said. But the fact remains the footage released doesn't verify the claims made in the interview. So we have to be objective about it and not assume that there is evidence or proof of something there isn't.

As for the progression of military tech, yes it is perfectly explained. The entire point of black programs is that they conceal from the public and even from military and government officials who are not cleared to know, all information about advanced aircraft and other tech. If people had seen the SR-71 flying around in the early sixties, which some probably did, they would not have been able to relate that to anything they were familiar with, because aircraft simply did not travel at Mach 4 or over 100,000 feet. Therefore, it must be extraterrestrials in their spacecraft!

Similarly if people had seen or heard aircraft in the late 1970s and early 80s that didn't show up on radar...they would think the same thing. Because nobody knew it was possible to design aircraft to be radar-invisible. But no, it was just the Stealth program, what became the F-117 Nighthawk ...which was throughout its development and early testing and deployment, a black program subject to high classification and conducted under secrecy. Why do you think Area 51 is off limits for 15 miles in any direction and there are similar restrictions in places like Plant 42 where military test/dev is done? They can't risk people seeing what they are flying out there.

So that's 50 year old technology, or 40 year old. So, the current generations of advanced aircraft are yet another paradigm shift beyond those. This includes the hypersonics with advanced propulsion systems, and seeing these craft will produce the same response: that can't be from this planet!

Now do you understand why being skeptical includes this context?

Last edited by phantompilot; 03-17-2018 at 02:27 PM..

Old 03-17-2018, 02:18 PM

1,303 posts, read 854,381 times
It looks like there might be some ex-military, or maybe current in this discussion. I just have one question related to something I saw. Are satellites currently able to stop and reverse course in mid-air? I am serious about this.....I have seen many "objects" which were most likely not manufactured on this world, but observed this one evening around dusk. I and another person assumed it was a satellite moving across the sky, but then it stopped and turned back the way it had come! I joked that he must have missed his exit! Seriously, it is hard to know what things are. I don't assume all are powered by aliens, but would be interesting if someone in the know could tell me if current satellite technology would allow this?

Old 03-17-2018, 03:42 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,937,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn hunter View Post
It looks like there might be some ex-military, or maybe current in this discussion. I just have one question related to something I saw. Are satellites currently able to stop and reverse course in mid-air? ... Seriously, it is hard to know what things are. I don't assume all are powered by aliens, but would be interesting if someone in the know could tell me if current satellite technology would allow this?
No. Satellites are traveling at tens of thousands of miles per hour, and it would take an enormous amount of energy to make one stop and reverse its course. Satellites don't carry the kind of fuel that would be needed for a maneuver like that. And the G forces involved would probably not have a good effect on the satellite's components.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:24 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Spy satellites have a limited view, the time passes are known, and they aren't going to see anything at night. Obviously if secrecy is desired we will find a way to achieve that. Stealth aircraft were never operated in the daytime because they were vulnerable to visual detection like any other aircraft and because of their stealth mission specific designs, lacked the speed necessary to evade anti-aircraft missiles. So if you don't want the public to see your new fighter, or to have your $2B bomber shot down, then you fly at night when its impossible to see, and you keep it in a hangar under high security when its not flying. That's how you can fly an advanced aircraft for 20 years and still not have anyone (or at least, the general public or the enemy) know that it exists or what it looks like.

First of all there was no visual sighting in this latest video from 2015. According to the article, this was a sensor intercept (infrared - so the object obviously is quite a bit warmer than the water below it). It is either using some exothermic process to generate lift or its being heated by passage through the air, in any case, its radiating some heat. But, it is simply too small to see with the naked eye from 25,000 feet. You can tell that even with a lot of magnification and image stabilization from the onboard camera system, it is still just a speck. So the pilots would not have been able to observe this object directly given their position relative to it.

Second...the object at no time made any deviation from straight and level flight (in this video).

You also refer to someone saying in an interview the object exhibited non-ballistic movements such as making a 90 degree turn at high speed, I must have missed that. That is apparently a reference to a different incident...that is a 2004 video, not the 2015 video.

But there is not a comment about a 90 degree turn at high speed in either video, neither of which shows anything exhibiting non-ballistic motions or doing anything that a conventional aircraft cannot do. I did watch the interview with Tucker Carlson and the pilot from the 2004 incident, and the actions he claimed the object made are not on the video. Where is the video of this object accelerating out of sight in two seconds?

Again, nobody is disqualifying what these aviators have said. But the fact remains the footage released doesn't verify the claims made in the interview. So we have to be objective about it and not assume that there is evidence or proof of something there isn't.

As for the progression of military tech, yes it is perfectly explained. The entire point of black programs is that they conceal from the public and even from military and government officials who are not cleared to know, all information about advanced aircraft and other tech. If people had seen the SR-71 flying around in the early sixties, which some probably did, they would not have been able to relate that to anything they were familiar with, because aircraft simply did not travel at Mach 4 or over 100,000 feet. Therefore, it must be extraterrestrials in their spacecraft!

Similarly if people had seen or heard aircraft in the late 1970s and early 80s that didn't show up on radar...they would think the same thing. Because nobody knew it was possible to design aircraft to be radar-invisible. But no, it was just the Stealth program, what became the F-117 Nighthawk ...which was throughout its development and early testing and deployment, a black program subject to high classification and conducted under secrecy. Why do you think Area 51 is off limits for 15 miles in any direction and there are similar restrictions in places like Plant 42 where military test/dev is done? They can't risk people seeing what they are flying out there.

So that's 50 year old technology, or 40 year old. So, the current generations of advanced aircraft are yet another paradigm shift beyond those. This includes the hypersonics with advanced propulsion systems, and seeing these craft will produce the same response: that can't be from this planet!

Now do you understand why being skeptical includes this context?
You do remember the headlines from back in Dec of 2017...right? About how the Pentagon SECRETLY funded UFO studies for many years. They even went into details about how they maintained this secrecy.

They also talked about 'unknown metal alloys' they had recovered from various UAPs over the years, some of these are stored at private aerospace companies(Bigelow)

Those revelations in Dec of 2017 were extremely significant imo. They seemed to confirm the conspiratorial nature of this topic.

Old 03-18-2018, 03:34 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Those revelations in Dec of 2017 were extremely significant imo. They seemed to confirm the conspiratorial nature of this topic.
But you'll notice the one thing they did not confirm (even a little): Aliens.

Yes, the government has been investigating UFOs for decades. But when it comes to an actual explanation, they are as baffled as the rest of us.

Unless ...

Old 03-18-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
But you'll notice the one thing they did not confirm (even a little): Aliens.

Yes, the government has been investigating UFOs for decades. But when it comes to an actual explanation, they are as baffled as the rest of us.
Quoting Nick Pope:

Quote:
The take-home message here is that there’s probably something out there, but we don’t know what it is. It’s an extraordinary revelation, not least because it directly contradicts the many specific denials that the US government has issued previously when asked about this subject, and their involvement in it.
(source)

Old 03-19-2018, 07:10 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
Quote:
You do remember the headlines from back in Dec of 2017...right? About how the Pentagon SECRETLY funded UFO studies for many years. They even went into details about how they maintained this secrecy.

They also talked about 'unknown metal alloys' they had recovered from various UAPs over the years, some of these are stored at private aerospace companies(Bigelow)

The alloys are the weak link that kills a lot of this for me. Here is an article that talks about the alloys:

https://www.livescience.com/61253-alien-alloys.html

Old 03-19-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
They also talked about 'unknown metal alloys' they had recovered from various UAPs over the years, some of these are stored at private aerospace companies(Bigelow).
What's an unknown metal alloy? There's a finite number of elements known - all based on the possible combinations of subatomic particles. Anyone with high school chemistry can tell you there aren't any weird elements out there in space that could be used to create an "unknown alloy".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Period...e_Chart-en.svg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal