Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 05:46 PM

1,303 posts, read 846,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
No. Satellites are traveling at tens of thousands of miles per hour, and it would take an enormous amount of energy to make one stop and reverse its course. Satellites don't carry the kind of fuel that would be needed for a maneuver like that. And the G forces involved would probably not have a good effect on the satellite's components.
Thanks, Vasily! That's kind of what I thought, but wanted to confirm with someone who might actually have a technical/aeronautic background. It's seeing this kind of thing that makes me go "hmmmmmm". I am a perfectly sane, reasonable person, I assure you! (even though I am a secret Ancient Aliens fan)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2018, 09:36 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,912,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn hunter View Post
Thanks, Vasily! That's kind of what I thought, but wanted to confirm with someone who might actually have a technical/aeronautic background. It's seeing this kind of thing that makes me go "hmmmmmm". I am a perfectly sane, reasonable person, I assure you! (even though I am a secret Ancient Aliens fan)
When I was in high school in the early 1960s, I was looking for some satellite or other (popular thing for nerds to do then, when there weren't hundreds of them whizzing around) and I saw what I thought was a satellite but realized it was going in the wrong direction. Then it made a near right angle turn, or seemed to. It was just a light in the sky and it's nearly impossible for me to think that a piece of hardware could make a move like that given our current understanding of physics.

Old 03-20-2018, 09:39 AM

22,864 posts, read 28,131,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
When I was in high school in the early 1960s, I was looking for some satellite or other (popular thing for nerds to do then, when there weren't hundreds of them whizzing around) and I saw what I thought was a satellite but realized it was going in the wrong direction. Then it made a near right angle turn, or seemed to. It was just a light in the sky and it's nearly impossible for me to think that a piece of hardware could make a move like that given our current understanding of physics.
Very similar to what I saw a few years ago, only it was in broad daylight. I thought I was watching a very high-flying jet, when it made an instant 100+ degree turn and covered several miles worth of sky in less than half a second.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:21 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,477,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
The alloys are the weak link that kills a lot of this for me. Here is an article that talks about the alloys:

https://www.livescience.com/61253-alien-alloys.html
I doubt very much they would hide these metals from the public, not allowing anyone to even see or test them, or allowing industry to use them if they are that great, but so well known.

If they know what these alloys are, why arent we seeing metal/ alloys with incredible properties in some of the products used today?

The fact that they are so secretive about them tells me, there is something about them that is not normal or well known.

Besides that, Ive never seen an article when they clearly admit they dont understand something or do not know what something is, in other words, they think they have it all figured out...historically nothing new, but proven false time and time again, I can guarantee, in 100 yrs, there will be plenty of things proved wrong, things that we thought we understood (but did not), looking back 100 yrs compared to today is proof of that.

Old 03-25-2018, 07:15 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,464,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I doubt very much they would hide these metals from the public, not allowing anyone to even see or test them, or allowing industry to use them if they are that great, but so well known.
Are they hiding them from the public? What is your name? Are you hiding it from the public?
Quote:
If they know what these alloys are, why arent we seeing metal/ alloys with incredible properties in some of the products used today?
We actually do, but when someone points that out you will dismiss it or move the goal post because you have the answer you want and you will not accept anything that counters is.
Quote:
The fact that they are so secretive about them tells me, there is something about them that is not normal or well known.
Are they secretive about it? I mean we all know about the story in the NY Times.

Also I would like to point out that you are not being truthful here at all. Here is what the article actually stated:

Quote:
"The company [involved in the DOD research] modified buildings in Las Vegas for the storage of metal alloys and other materials that … program contractors said had been recovered from unidentified aerial phenomena. Researchers also studied people who said they had experienced physical effects from encounters with the objects and examined them for any physiological changes. In addition, researchers spoke to military service members who had reported sightings of strange aircraft."
So you just add to the story what you wish to hear AND no counter to your made up "fact" is enough for you. Very self serving.

Quote:
Besides that, Ive never seen an article when they clearly admit they dont understand something or do not know what something is, in other words, they think they have it all figured out...historically nothing new, but proven false time and time again, I can guarantee, in 100 yrs, there will be plenty of things proved wrong, things that we thought we understood (but did not), looking back 100 yrs compared to today is proof of that.
I see articles like that frequently. Maybe you do not read enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal