Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 02:52 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Why?

That’s a bit ethnocentric ...

Bullcrap.

I look at the Pyramids & I see an intriguing representation of architecture, astronomy, geodesy, metrology, physics, linguistics, mathematics, theology & chemistry ... from an ancient civilization. And it raises more questions for me rather than answers.

You look at the Pyramids & you see ... a construction site?

Khufu?

Assuming you would look for him to speak through his hieroglyphics, you are correct.

Despite being allegedly apathetic to diety, he does thank Isis an awful lot. And Ra. Marvin the Martian, however, is MIA.

Quantum 4th dimension? Who knows?

I believe there are things that my eyes won’t see & my ears won’t hear.

And once, my eyes & ears both saw & heard something impossible. But it was real. It moved the air around me with a percussive force so strong that my ears popped & I was knocked backwards.

You don’t have to believe me ... I have no evidence. But I do know one thing: There is something out there that we missed. It’s been hiding in plain sight this entire time. And as it exists in this world it is bound by the same rules of our existence & it has its own ecological footprint that we have misinterpreted.

I assume you are familiar with the concept of “overlapping” regarding the hieroglyphics that initially seemed to be pictures of aircraft? Well, overlapping is also to blame for what we miss as well as what we think we see. If we couldn’t trust what we saw when we thought we saw a helicopter drawn 4,000 years ago; what else have we missed?

The electron microscope was invented a mere 86 years ago & now we know everything. Okay.

You are not being for real here & you know it.

Mesoamerican populations did not form advanced agricultural or state societies until 2,000 years after Greece, Rome & Egypt. Mesoamerican pyramids are about 1,500 years younger than the Egyptian pyramids.

And?

The Chinese had gunpowder in the 9th century & Europe did by the 13th century. Is that racist too?

Is this the “Everybody is a winner & every participant gets a medal” narrative for History now? And Science? It was bad enough, decades ago; when the scientists who were studying racial & gender discrepancies in traits were told to lose their results or have their funding pulled. Now we see the fallout from that: “When everybody is special then nobody is”.

No, he wants an argument.

What?

I think you just want to pick a fight, period.

Notice I’m not contesting that “Aliens did not build the Pyramids”. Just your reasoning.
You have so badly misunderstood and spoken nonsense on most of these points that I am not even going to re-address them. You are basically talking to yourself. There is only one thing that really needs to be addressed:

Quote:
I look at the Pyramids & I see an intriguing representation of architecture, astronomy, geodesy, metrology, physics, linguistics, mathematics, theology & chemistry ... from an ancient civilization. And it raises more questions for me rather than answers.
No, no, no, no, no. Pyramids are the simplest structures for monumental architecture, and it really is not hard to understand why: the wide bottom supports the narrow top. If it is not obvious to you as it should be, then you should research it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 12:34 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
Quote:

Please explain how each of these relates to a pyramid and what questions they raise. I am particularly intrigued by the relationships with astronomy, geodesy, metrology, linguistics, and theology. Please use the terminology of each discipline and equations where applicable.

I look forward to your response; I am sure that others do as well.

Old 04-01-2018, 09:58 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,617,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post

5) WHAT PURPOSE COULD THEY SERVE?
What purpose do giant limestone lumps of rock serve? Enough said.
Let us know after you do a complete analysis of the interior of the Egyptian pyramids.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:35 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Let us know after you do a complete analysis of the interior of the Egyptian pyramids.
You can make wild accusations not supported by fact but I agree that these are just glorified mounds of stone along the lines of what other ancient civilizations created. Some used stone, some used dirt but it is not an advanced structure that in any way needed divine or extraterrestrial intervention.

Old 04-02-2018, 11:35 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
You can make wild accusations not supported by fact but I agree that these are just glorified mounds of stone along the lines of what other ancient civilizations created. Some used stone, some used dirt but it is not an advanced structure that in any way needed divine or extraterrestrial intervention.
They're just prestigious tombs, others are simply prestige markers, generally, to commemorate a leader's ascension to the throne, and suchlike. Glorified mounds of stone intended to glorify high-ranking individuals. That's it.

Old 04-02-2018, 05:40 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,617,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
They're just prestigious tombs, others are simply prestige markers, generally, to commemorate a leader's ascension to the throne, and suchlike. Glorified mounds of stone intended to glorify high-ranking individuals. That's it.
Why does a tomb need intricate air shafts?

Old 04-02-2018, 07:20 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Why does a tomb need intricate air shafts?
So the workers can breath.

Old 04-02-2018, 08:22 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Just want to get this off of my chest.

1) WE KNOW HOW THEY WERE BUILT
For the case of Egyptian pyramids, for example, we have found remains of the ramps, pictures of Egyptians using rope gangs to erect monumental architecture, we know where the blocks were quarried from, we have found the workers quarters...we even know some of the little tricks like wetting the sand in front of the gangs to reduce friction. It is a testiment to the builders that they did something that seems impossible, but we know how they did it.

2) NO EVIDENCE OF ANY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY USED
Evidence would be finding an ancient powersaw, a laser cutter, an anti-gravity machine, etc. And no, we haven't. Merely declaring something impossible is not evidence of anything.

3) PYRAMIDS ARE VERY BASIC STRUCTURES
The masive pyramids of Egypt, Mexico and elsewhere are amazing due to sheer size, but there is no great science behind them. Building a structure with a wide base and a narrow top is the easiest way to do monumental architecture. THAT IS WHY THEY APPEAR ALL OVER THE WORLD. Structures that open up interior space are far more difficulit to build. There is more science in, say, the Pantheon, than any Pyramid anywhere.

4) WHY WOULD ALIENS BUILD IN STONE?
If they were made of some kind of advanced alloy or something, that would make sense. We don't build many pure stone structures much anymore. Why would an interstellar civilization?

5) WHAT PURPOSE COULD THEY SERVE?
What purpose do giant limestone lumps of rock serve? Enough said.

6) WE KNOW THE CULTURAL CONTEXT OF JUST ABOUT EVERY PYRAMID EVER MADE
From Egypt, the Sudan, Rome, Mexico, Peru, thoughout Asia, we have full understanding of why they were built. Sometimes tombs, sometimes ceremonial centers. There simply is no need to invoke aliens.

7) NO ONE FROM PYRAMID BUILDING CULTURES EVER CLAIMED THAT ALIENS BUILT THEM.
We don't find any passages from Kufu thanking little green men. Nuff said.

8) THEY WERE BUILT OVER THOUSANDS OF YEARS
There is no "pyramid age," as pseudo-historians claim. As the simplist of structures, they were built from the dawn of time to the present.

9) THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT WE HAVE EVER BEEN VISTIED BY EXTRATERRESTRIALS
Debate it if you want. Not one crashed spaceship. Not one alien body. Not one piece of avanced technology. Etc. No evidence.

10) THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT EXTRATERRESTRIALS CAN VISIT US
Yes, I get that given the virtually infinite nature of the universe, they have to be out there somewhere. There is no evidence that they can get to us. The nearest star is 4 light years away...there is no evidence that the speed of light can be obtained.

Nor is there evidence that intelligent life is common. Think of this: of the billions of species that the earth has nurtured, only ONE is technological. That means that given that most star systems are now thought not to be good habitats for technological life (most suns are red, and their planets tidally locked), even worlds similar to ours would still have to be in the same place of evolution at the same time. Not bloody likley. So the nearest species is probably and insurmountable distance.

No, we don't know if space warps and that kind of thing are possible. Perhaps some day we they will prove to be so, but for now, that is the stuff of Star Trek. These sorts of things simply may not be possible according to what we know about physics.

And there you have it. Give your ancestors credit for doing something very cool, and never mind the space aliens. It is really dumb, insulting, and yes, racist. Note how no one needs the aqueducts of Rome to be built by aliens.

Peace.
While I do agree with your general premise, I want to address a few points.

The reason why the pyramids have so much controversy surrounding them is not racially motivated. The pyramids of Giza were built during the days of the Old Kingdom which makes them far removed from the Ancient Greeks and Romans. They were not contemporaries.
The problem with the Pyramids is that there is little evidence of extant construction to justify their presence. The Temple of Luxor was build around 1400 BCE which is still over a 1000 years later. Where are the temples, palaces, residences and administrative buildings that surround the Giza Complex?

By contrast, the Parthenon and the Coliseum were built by civilizations whose history is well documented. There is also over 2000 years separating their construction to that of the Great Pyramids, so claiming that one is more complex than the other doesn't serve much of a purpose.

Flying objects do figure in mythology, such as the Vimana found in Hindu epics. In fact, their flight mechanics have been described quite a bit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vimana#Vedas

While I don't personally subscribe to any of the ancient astronaut theories that have been put forth, they do serve a purpose.

If you get a chance, check out Will Hart's Ancient Alien Ancestors. It goes over a number of topics that are considered controversial. Most of it is bogus, but it does bring up a few points worth considering.

1. Why are archaeologists and astronomers so indulged in their own narrow field of study, that they tend to disregard findings from other disciplines?

2. Why do archaeologists ignore findings that do not serve their narrative?

3. Does nationalism play a role in trying to bolster one's identity?

4. Why have their been so many reported sightings over the years?

Old 04-03-2018, 12:07 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Give it up, Paul. There's no reason at all to believe space aliens built any pyramids, because building them is perfectly doable by man, with basic primitive technology. There's nothing mysterious about it at all. Have you ever visited any ancient sites with monumental architecture? If you had, you'd see that it's not a big deal, with the possible exception of the pyramids that have inner chambers. That takes more effort to pull off. Still doable, though, under the conditions that existed in ancient times. There's nothing mysterious or paranormal about it. If you had a hundred or so workers at your command, and the right materials, you could build one, yourself.
Oh I don't know. To me it's pretty damned mysterious why they would spend all that effort to build ... well ... a pile of rocks. And the manual labour involved! Well, Ok that's more just plain mind blowing than mysterious. For seriously mind blowing stuff, google Baalbek megaliths. 800 tonne megaliths, quarried and laid flat - it makes the pyramids look like child's play. These ancients were not primitive, they just didn't have advanced technology and they had way too much time on their hands (I guess they hadn't invented fishing and hunting back then).

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=ba...ih=919#imgrc=_

Old 04-03-2018, 08:13 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,942,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
The problem with the Pyramids is that there is little evidence of extant construction to justify their presence. The Temple of Luxor was build around 1400 BCE which is still over a 1000 years later. Where are the temples, palaces, residences and administrative buildings that surround the Giza Complex?
How about a town of 20,000 housing the workers?

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...0805_giza.html

Quote:
1. Why are archaeologists and astronomers so indulged in their own narrow field of study, that they tend to disregard findings from other disciplines?

2. Why do archaeologists ignore findings that do not serve their narrative?

3. Does nationalism play a role in trying to bolster one's identity?

4. Why have their been so many reported sightings over the years?
So I'm supposed to waste time reading a book that by your admission is "mostly bogus" to get answers to these questions, because for some reason these questions are in your estimation (unlike the rest of the book) "not bogus"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal