Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 08:32 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714
I can't answer for the other poster but a mistake many people make is to think the ancient Egyptians were these people just one step above the cavemen. They were actually relatively sophisticated and had a good concept of math, architecture, geometry, and some astronomical skills in that they understood the daily and seasonal movements of the stars (which also factored into there religions). They had good tools - bronze, maybe iron saws, drills, etc. They had skilled craftsmen, and because of the cycle of Nile floods which meant they had only a season or two of planting, they had tons of free idle labor.

There is of course no extraterrestrial mystery in the Pyramids, that's just nonsense. But it an amazing marvel in what ancient man can do. The Egyptians left plenty of documents supporting how the pyramids were constructed, there is no mystery to it except perhaps how they ramped up the ancient blocks, otherwise they listed tools, listed manpower, list worker facilities...almost like ancient version of GANNT charts
So if the ancient Egyptians were such great scholars as you say, how did all of these skills get lost and if they did not get lost, then why aren't some modern races so much more advanced than they are? What you say does not make sense with what is available today and how our technology has developed over time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2018, 11:11 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
So if the ancient Egyptians were such great scholars as you say, how did all of these skills get lost and if they did not get lost, then why aren't some modern races so much more advanced than they are? What you say does not make sense with what is available today and how our technology has developed over time.
Skills weren't lost. The Egyptians stopped building pyramids because they didn't solve their problems with tomb pillaging.

People have developed many skills with no help from aliens.

https://www.archaeology.org/issues/1...lithic-toolkit

Last edited by Happy in Wyoming; 04-07-2018 at 11:25 AM..

Old 04-07-2018, 02:53 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
What do you mean by this? Where do you come to this conclusion that people should be more advanced than they are?

I would actually take this the other way, but you will not respond because it makes too much sense, If sentient aliens visited earth why are people not more advanced than we are? I mean if these aliens had the technology for space travel knowledge they would have considered primitive could have changed the course of human development greatly.

Old 04-08-2018, 02:13 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,937,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
The pyramids are said to be the repository of Pharaohs, yet no evidence of any mummies have been found in them. The Valley of the Kings hosts a number of tombs that have been documented over the years.
Neither the Greeks nor Romans have been able to emulate structures of that magnitude and both of those civilizations came well over 2000 years later.
Why build such giant structures if their purpose is so minuscule?
Assuming their purpose was minuscule or that they had to be tombs is reading modern assumptions into the past. It's been suggested mummies weren't found for a number of reasons; e.g., see the discussion here:

https://www.quora.com/How-many-mummi...n-the-pyramids

I'm not aware of any texts that suggest the Greeks wanted to build pyramids but were unable to do so. The Romans did have massive engineering projects (like the construction of many aqueducts and road systems throughout the empire, some still in use today) - they invented the discipline of engineering which we use today. When they wanted to build a massive public work like the Coliseum, they were obviously fully capable of doing so.

Quote:
Egyptian archaeologist Zahi Hawass was brought up. Is he intentionally discarding information that would discredit the official narrative of their construction, because he believes it would reflect poorly on his country's culture? Many countries use history as a propaganda tool to help fuel the fires of nationalism.
Hawass is guilty of many things and was no doubt a sleazebag and a self-promoter, but I haven't found any information suggesting he suppressed data. Do you have any sources for this?

Quote:
I'm not sure why this specific book triggered this kind of reaction in me. I usually tend to disregard anything remotely associated with 'pseudo-science' , yet for some reason this author made me question a lot of my previous beliefs. I'm still 99% on board with the official theory, but I'm open to other possibilities. It's highly likely that the Old Kingdom was even more advanced than society gives it credit and that some of that knowledge was lost by the time of Ptolemy/Cleopatra.
Depends on what you mean by advanced. I suspect any evidence that might have existed along those lines was lost when the library burned at Alexandria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal