Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 09:42 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,854 posts, read 10,410,874 times

Advertisements

It's literally been billions of years since Mars is thought to still have water and a viable atmosphere. And the oldest remains of even the most primitive hominids on Earth only goes back a few million years. So if humans did 'emigrate' from Mars, then they sure spent a lotta time 'regressing'!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2021, 09:55 PM

2,022 posts, read 830,484 times
Look at science and it’s compounding effect. Look at what we can do today as humans on this earth and imagine if we don’t destroy ourselves and say 1000 years. Is it really out of the reach of the imagination to say we couldn’t travel and plant life and set up life on another planet? That’s how I personally think we got here. Or advanced extra terrestrial put us here. Every once in a while they alter our DNA. That’s why I think you’re seeing all the UFO reports because they are monitoring us. We are at a time of transition in this world one way or another. They are evaluating us and probably Thinking we’re insane enough to destroy ourselves and have enough a technology now to do it.

We came from someplace.

Old 05-25-2021, 10:37 PM

6,901 posts, read 6,803,094 times
Yes, we do have enough technology to destroy ourselves, and it is not only the 'elite' who are driving us towards the cliff edge, but they are not doing anything to help matters. With all those people who have influence in the world, power, money, fame, etc they should be the ones who are guiding us towards a better future. It is their responsibility to use what they have to move us forward.

However, it is also ours to keep them up to the job. We see things going wrong and we dont do anything about it. We are the ones who elect these politicians, we spend our money and make these people richer. We vote with our money and we are giving our energy(money) to the wrong people. They abuse their power and lead us in the wrong direction. We need to select new ones who are better at leading us.

As others have said, while we have our heads buried in our cellphones, we wont be looking at what is going on around us.

You know what? Nuclear arms agreements are made because we know we have something much bigger and better than nuclear technology. Plasma weapons and bombs are far more destructive. I wish I could remember which book I read which claimed we have that.

Old 05-26-2021, 06:13 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,127,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
It's literally been billions of years since Mars is thought to still have water and a viable atmosphere. And the oldest remains of even the most primitive hominids on Earth only goes back a few million years. So if humans did 'emigrate' from Mars, then they sure spent a lotta time 'regressing'!
If one colonist ship crashed billons of years ago I imagine regression would be expected if their technology was destroyed in the crash. Within a few generations they would be wearing skins and telling the stories of the ancients, those stories evolving even as their human forms were.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:34 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,351,464 times
Quote:
That is an excellent point and would shoot down my theory but we certainly don't have enough facts to know.
I found this interesting...when you read this and see what looks like absolute destruction of the surface, you wonder...they found radioactive (intelligently made) isotopes on Mars. Read this and look at the Rover videos, looks like buildings and statues blown over.

https://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/lp...oster/2660.pdf

Old 05-26-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
If one colonist ship crashed billons of years ago I imagine regression would be expected if their technology was destroyed in the crash. Within a few generations they would be wearing skins and telling the stories of the ancients, those stories evolving even as their human forms were.
And when has that ever occurred among humans, when even the most 'regressive' among us even today, surely love their 'tools'?

Technology is terrorism’s most effective ally

Old 05-27-2021, 05:28 AM

Quote:
And when has that ever occurred among humans, when even the most 'regressive' among us even today, surely love their 'tools'?

Technology is terrorism’s most effective ally
The movie Castaway with Tom Hanks is a good fictional example of what can happen when all modern things are lost. Imagine if he had crashed on an uninhabited planet with a group of castaways. They'd be regressing and within a few generations would be pretty removed from their interplanetary forefathers.

Old 05-27-2021, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
The movie Castaway with Tom Hanks is a good fictional example of what can happen when all modern things are lost. Imagine if he had crashed on an uninhabited planet with a group of castaways. They'd be regressing and within a few generations would be pretty removed from their interplanetary forefathers.
Still waiting for an actual historical example where humans have ever 'devolved', let alone regressed technologically, no matter how warlike, 'primitive'. or 'barbaric' they may have been. And since when is a movie considered 'proof' of anything (at least 'IRL'...lol)?

But even then, Hanks still remembered enuff 'tech' to survive on what was available... unless the knowledge, resourcefulness and problem-solving necessary for building a shelter, finding and purifying water, making basic tools, weapons and fire, etc. are also considered 'regressive'. And he was just one lone individual, not some hypothetical group of 'emigres' large enuff to reproduce and 'found' our entire species, let alone pilot a vessel capable of traversing over 200 million miles of Space.

In fact tool-making is one of the main things that makes us 'human'. and how many of us would suddenly 'forget' all the knowledge we've now come to take for granted, even today? Though perhaps these mythical 'ancestors' just weren't among Mars' Best & Brightest to begin with?!

Survival lessons we can glean from the movie 'Castaway'

Old 05-28-2021, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Still waiting for an actual historical example where humans have ever 'devolved', let alone regressed technologically, no matter how warlike, 'primitive'. or 'barbaric' they may have been. And since when is a movie considered 'proof' of anything (at least 'IRL'...lol)?

But even then, Hanks still remembered enuff 'tech' to survive on what was available... unless the knowledge, resourcefulness and problem-solving necessary for building a shelter, finding and purifying water, making basic tools, weapons and fire, etc. are also considered 'regressive'. And he was just one lone individual, not some hypothetical group of 'emigres' large enuff to reproduce and 'found' our entire species, let alone pilot a vessel capable of traversing over 200 million miles of Space.

In fact tool-making is one of the main things that makes us 'human'. and how many of us would suddenly 'forget' all the knowledge we've now come to take for granted, even today? Though perhaps these mythical 'ancestors' just weren't among Mars' Best & Brightest to begin with?!

Survival lessons we can glean from the movie 'Castaway'
I guess I am using regressive differently than you. I meant that survivors from a crashed spaceship would out of necessity have to regress to a less advanced society if all their modern tech was destroyed in the crash. An airplane pilot (Hanks) who is rubbing sticks together to start a fire to cook food he had to catch has regressed in my observation. He had the knowledge to build fire and tools but neither the knowledge nor materials to build another airplane. Had he been marooned with some others, their descendants one day would likely be telling tales about the flying machine that their ancestor rode in to come to their world but they wouldn't be leaving any ruins for future archeologists to find that would indicate that they came from another place that was far more advanced.

It's an interesting discussion but I don't see anything that suggests that is what happened. Just threw it out there since we were discussing Mars. Having said that, it's probably more likely that ancient Martians visited Earth than interstellar aliens.

Old 05-28-2021, 08:38 AM

â–³ Understood, and it is an interesting idea. I wonder if another part of it's also since the arrival of modern manufacturing and the interwebs, maybe we've come to depend too much on the easy availability of all our hi-tech 'stuff', while taking for granted the immense value of all the knowledge, and new ways of thinking that humans have since acquired that led up to it.

So I'd suspect that even if we 'marooned' a few folks together chosen at random just from this forum, that there'd likely be at least a couple of 'em who still 'remembered' enuff to eventually be able to locate and smelt basic metals, make simple chemicals and gunpowder, grow crops and cultivate genetic hybrids, practice medicine beyond 'ebil spirits' and 'leeches', and still able to craft surprisingly sophisticated 'stuff' even from simple materials. And perhaps we might even 'remember' what a basic 'gubmint' and society looks like, at least enough to be able to 'rebuild'. 'Cuz if nuthin' else, humans have always been a resourceful and 'ambitious' species.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal