Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 08:59 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,351,883 times

Advertisements

I have a theory...there is more and more proof Mars once had a temperate climate with oceans millions of years ago. If you look at a lot of videos on youtube with Mars anomalies , there look to be ancient ruins and statues. Plus, I have read they found levels of radiation on the planet with isotopes more likely manufactured than being there naturally.

Others have speculated maybe life came from Mars. Our body clocks are set for 24 1/2 hours, matching the Martian day of 24.37 hours vs. Earth's of 24.0 hours. Why is that?

If you throw religion into the mix, there was a war in the heavens, man was cast out of paradise along with the devil. Maybe our home (eden) was Mars ? Think of life with less gravity , less solar radiation, our lifespans would increase, our bodies less stress. Part of Adam's punishment was being cast to place with thorns and thistles, groveling in the dust(more gravity), the woman now giving birth in pain. Maybe easier for them had our bodies not adapted to the new gravity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 09:26 AM

22,846 posts, read 28,091,495 times
Teenagers are from Mars, and they don't care.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:07 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,443,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I have a theory...there is more and more proof Mars once had a temperate climate with oceans millions of years ago. If you look at a lot of videos on youtube with Mars anomalies , there look to be ancient ruins and statues. Plus, I have read they found levels of radiation on the planet with isotopes more likely manufactured than being there naturally.

Others have speculated maybe life came from Mars. Our body clocks are set for 24 1/2 hours, matching the Martian day of 24.37 hours vs. Earth's of 24.0 hours. Why is that?

If you throw religion into the mix, there was a war in the heavens, man was cast out of paradise along with the devil. Maybe our home (eden) was Mars ? Think of life with less gravity , less solar radiation, our lifespans would increase, our bodies less stress. Part of Adam's punishment was being cast to place with thorns and thistles, groveling in the dust(more gravity), the woman now giving birth in pain. Maybe easier for them had our bodies not adapted to the new gravity?
Your theory is not that far out there. Ive actually heard a number of things in the past that elude to such a thing being possible. I remember reading something on this awhile back that talked about specific bloodlines of the most powerful and influential families in history, and how they may have all originated on another planet.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:21 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,459,473 times
Quote:
Even though the origins of life could have easily come from Mars or be from some other extra terrestrial place I do not think that our body clocks being off is proof of that since we have clearly been here for a LOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGG time. This is just such a reach that it makes me ignore everything else you said.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:15 PM

18,755 posts, read 17,992,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Even though the origins of life could have easily come from Mars or be from some other extra terrestrial place I do not think that our body clocks being off is proof of that since we have clearly been here for a LOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGG time. This is just such a reach that it makes me ignore everything else you said.
I believe that 1.7 milliseconds are added to the day every century; that all adds up (eventually).

There are many that speculate that life on Earth came from comets or asteroids: https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/p...ial-earth.html. According to that link: "Billions of years ago, however, swarms of comets and asteroids bombarded Earth with the remnants still visible as craters on the moon. Scientific evidence suggests that life on Earth began at the end of a period 3.8 billion years ago called the “late heavy bombardment†that involved both comets and asteroids." Coincidence; maybe? It would not be too far a reach of the imagination to think that Mars had a terrible collision that spun off an asteroid that eventually hit Earth and thus seeded Earth with microbes.

Old 03-28-2018, 02:49 PM

15,633 posts, read 26,134,497 times
I am. Zip code 16046.

Old 03-28-2018, 03:27 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,903,809 times
Quote:
The average innate (genetic) circadian rhythm is 24.15 hours, not 24.50 hours. That's an average - which means some people have a slightly longer innate cycle, others have a slightly shorter one. If you're locked in a room or deep in a cave, your circadian rhythm tends to drift to the genetic value. The circadian rhythm is controlled by an area of the brain called the suprachiasmatic nucleus - and that area is tied directly to your retinas, and indirectly to all your cells via your hormonal system. That's why people who are totally blind find their circadian rhythms get off track - no cues from the retinas.

The Martian day has nothing to do with this. A Martian sol is approximately 24h39m long, and an Earth day is approximately 23h58m long. By contrast, the average innate circadian rhythm is 24h4m long - which has no relationship to the length of a Martian day.

See: The Human Suprachiasmatic Nucleus | HHMI BioInteractive

Old 03-28-2018, 03:46 PM

7 posts, read 7,170 times
DNA sharing between orbits is possible. Occasional DNA showering from passing primordial comets is also possible, the ice carrying it.

I speculate that anything carried around an orbit that long must be very old and in its original state, but subjected to cosmic radiation of varying strengths.

But those materials that survive unchanged are quite old, and original specimens.

Could MARS have had people?

Could the ASTEROID BELT once have been a PLANET that went to war with MARS?

*shrugs*

~ prove it...

OH BY THE WAY! The pretty little puppy sleeping at my feet is named "WOOLA" after the BARSOOMIAN dog in the ERB Martian Chronicles. I swore if another dog claimed me it would be named so - I did not know it would be female.

So my Border Collie/Boxer mix Female is "WOOLA"
~My RED PRINCESS from BARSOOM!!!

I don't really know what young people today think about the very idea of space travel. I remember long ago (YEAH, it was, so I'm an old guy - big deal...) speculative stories about space ships. I had a membership to the SCI-FI book club when I was in elementary school, it was very eye opening.

EVERYTHING WE ARE DOING TODAY was thought of by sci-fi writers in some cases over a hundred years ago. Some ideas got their genesis from ideas much older than that.

Deja Vu? It is when you remember a friend with a strange idea that is taken for granted today.

Last edited by Memphis Greywolf; 03-28-2018 at 04:00 PM..

Old 03-28-2018, 04:44 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,769,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis Greywolf View Post
...Could the ASTEROID BELT once have been a PLANET that went to war with MARS?

*shrugs*

~ prove it...
No, the proof is up to you, as you are presenting the far-fetched hypothesis.

Old 03-28-2018, 05:10 PM

1,133 posts, read 1,340,843 times
I am from the result of a deep & meaningful (at the time) relationship that once existed between my Mother & Father.

Were I to be transported to Mars and the door opened to it's current atmospheric-conditions, I would be dead within less than 60 seconds.

I deal with the 'here & now', rather than 'then' or the 'yet-to-be'.

There is no possible way for mankind to 'return' to Mars, or GO to Mars...given the current levels of technology & fragmented economics facing our world RIGHT NOW...

...and even if we could...there's nothing to be gained by such a venture...other than possibly to take the next step and visit Jupiter's moon Io or Europa, where there does seem to be extremely compelling evidence of a liquid-ocean, below the icy-exterior of both...

...even then...just because there might indeed be liquid, does not necessarily mean that there would be 'life'...at least not as WE know it, and most-certainly not a form of 'sentient' life which we could communicate with & LEARN very much 'from'.

Personally ? ASSUMING mankind survives a steadily-approaching 'World War' (one that I believe would be THE war prophesized by John of Patmos who wrote of it in 'Book of Revelations') we likely don't have to worry much about throwing money away on 'manned missions' beyond our own moon...because I have a growing suspicion that a certain 'individual' who'se imminant-arrival (or 'return' to our planet) three KEY-religions of the world ARE in fact expecting, will in fact be at the very-forefront of a MAJOR turning-point in human-evolution.

"We will create Man in OUR image, after OUR likeness."

Who is 'We' ? Who are 'they' ? Where are 'they' from, assuming they ever actually LEFT, where have 'they' been (since they were last here) and if they ARE in fact waiting (to reveal themselves) UNTIL right up to the very brink where WE are about to exterminate ourselves...

...what is THIER plan (for us) afterwards ? ?

If the numbers are right, our parent-star ('The Sun') will NOT last 'indefinately'...she WILL use up her fuel and collapse upon herself...but NOT before 'expanding-outwards', certainly destroying Mercury & Venus...and almost assuredly laying-waste to our own home-world as well...so the writing on the wall is painfully-clear...

...somebody...or some 'thing' PUT us (our fore-fathers) here...but we were not meant to STAY here, and if we are incapable of finding our OWN way 'out there among the stars'...we will obviously be needing help & assistance from...quite possibly the very same entity(s) who put us here in the first place, many millennia ago.

...or...if THOSE entities 'moved on' (perhaps they just loved 'seeding' planets as they went-along thier merry way ?) maybe yet another space-faring, time/dimension-jumping species is passing through, happens to notice the 'ripples' (from nuclear detonations here on earth) emanating outward...take pity on us, change course & fly-in just in the nick of time to stop us from cracking our own planet in half, teach us just how TRUE Rodney King's words were ("Can't we just...just GET ALONG ?") and...THUS beginneth a new 'chapter' in the future-events of this....Human 'Race'.

Either way you look at it...we CAN'T go anywhere WITHOUT the help & guidance of someone or some...'thing' that already HAS, by sending us one (or more ?) 'Teachers' in the distant-past...when mankind was...shall we say...more...'Impressionable' ?

I am NOT saying Christ/Yeshua/Jesus is an 'alien'...

...but he WAS here...and before he left...he DID say he would be coming BACK.

SOooooo...where's he BEEN and how exactly does he know exactly when it's TIME to come back ?

They. Are. Watching.

Last edited by Ltdumbear; 03-28-2018 at 05:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal