Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 03:17 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,903,809 times

Advertisements

Good summary article:

13 Reasons to Believe Aliens Are Real
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2018, 06:57 PM

22,846 posts, read 28,088,563 times
I didn't watch the accompanying videos, but the article is good.

Points 1-4 are especially good.

Point 5? Ehh... I'm not ready to dismiss "documentation" like that, but I admit I'm very skeptical. And there are a lot of other explanations besides aliens for those experiences.

Point 6? An asteroid that looks like an alien ship is still an asteroid, just like a piece of toast that looks like St. Jerome is still just a piece of toast. And the radio signals and light variations ... inconclusive. Until there is a lot more hard evidence, I'm just not willing to call aliens.

Points 7-9 are interesting, but hardly evidence of aliens.

Point 10? Some good points for sure. But still ... see Point 5 above for some of these supposed "encounters."

Point 11? Yup. Count me among them. I have seen a UFO. Have I seen aliens? I don't know. U means "unidentified."

Points 12-13. Good points. I would add: If aliens are visiting, they may simply not be interested in us. It's entirely possible they're more interested in cicadas or squid than homo sapiens.

Old 04-02-2018, 02:28 AM

6,901 posts, read 6,804,741 times
We are being diverted by discussing aliens. The problem is much, much larger than that although aliens do fit into it somewhere.

If we start to discus unusual craft for example, then we are likely to have more evidence than for aliens.

There are many sightings of unusual craft in the skies and by multiple witnesses of good standing such as military personnel and police officers. People who should be able to describe what is seen because they have been trained in observation.

However, the authorities know that by focusing on aliens there is little to no evidence available so we will keep going around in circles. Pinning down the unusual craft phenomena will yield results for us sooner because so many more people have been witnesses.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
We are being diverted by discussing aliens. The problem is much, much larger than that although aliens do fit into it somewhere.

If we start to discus unusual craft for example, then we are likely to have more evidence than for aliens.

There are many sightings of unusual craft in the skies and by multiple witnesses of good standing such as military personnel and police officers. People who should be able to describe what is seen because they have been trained in observation.
Wow. Up to there I actually agreed with every word you wrote. Which I do believe is a first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
However, the authorities know that by focusing on aliens there is little to no evidence available so we will keep going around in circles. Pinning down the unusual craft phenomena will yield results for us sooner because so many more people have been witnesses.
I'm still not convinced there is any vast cover-up or conspiracy beyond the usual military secrecy. When all those papers were recently released they revealed that the authorities are just as baffled as the rest of us. Something is going on in our skies. Something unexplained and unidentified.

Old 04-03-2018, 10:37 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,443,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Wow. Up to there I actually agreed with every word you wrote. Which I do believe is a first.

I'm still not convinced there is any vast cover-up or conspiracy beyond the usual military secrecy. When all those papers were recently released they revealed that the authorities are just as baffled as the rest of us. Something is going on in our skies. Something unexplained and unidentified.
They are not as baffled as you think. There is a good reason why there remains ALOT of this stuff that is highly classified, even to this day, that alone speaks volumes imo.

One of the things that convinced me this is real, are the very old UFO sightings, Im talking about from the 1500s thru the early 1900s. There are books filled with accounts from people seeing things that are identical to the things people see today, its the same behavior, shapes, colors, etc. Of course there should be extra consideration given to those before the airplane was invented, so any 'mis-IDs' were certainly not possible in those times, if it was mechanical and flying in the sky, it WAS something not of our world.

Old 04-03-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
They are not as baffled as you think.
How do you know?

Or should I say: What do you know?

Old 04-03-2018, 05:33 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,447,889 times
There is no evidence to support the existence of aliens. They most likely are out there due. The universe is truly vast, that even taking into account the most pessimistic estimates, they remain a high probability.

It's highly unlikely that they visited Earth in the past, though it remains a possibility, even if only slim. The laws of physics are not kind to interstellar travel. Perhaps our understanding of the limits imposed by the speed of light are incorrect.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
It's highly unlikely that they visited Earth in the past, though it remains a possibility, even if only slim. The laws of physics are not kind to interstellar travel. Perhaps our understanding of the limits imposed by the speed of light are incorrect.
If by "interstellar travel" you mean "moving from Point A to Point B at a high rate of speed," then yes, the likelihood of interstellar travel by living beings is extremely unlikely. The distances are too vast.

But even our own understanding of physics leaves open the possibility that there are other means of travel. Quantum physics, string theory, etc. have postulated lots of theories on this. We don't know how to do it ... yet. But we no longer think it is impossible.

And keep in mind our very limited knowledge of the cosmos. A civilization 300,000 years older than ours is likely far more advanced than we are.

Old 04-03-2018, 07:28 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,447,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
If by "interstellar travel" you mean "moving from Point A to Point B at a high rate of speed," then yes, the likelihood of interstellar travel by living beings is extremely unlikely. The distances are too vast.

But even our own understanding of physics leaves open the possibility that there are other means of travel. Quantum physics, string theory, etc. have postulated lots of theories on this. We don't know how to do it ... yet. But we no longer think it is impossible.

And keep in mind our very limited knowledge of the cosmos. A civilization 300,000 years older than ours is likely far more advanced than we are.
There are a number of possibilities. It's even possible that some of our physics are off the mark. A lot of hypotheses get ridiculed by the scientific community when they first get proposed, only to be adopted as theories later on.

Wormholes have been proposed as a way to circumvent the problems posed by distance, even if their existence hasn't been proven. We still don't fully understand the mechanics behind black holes either.

Old 04-03-2018, 07:48 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,549,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
There is no evidence to support the existence of aliens. They most likely are out there due. The universe is truly vast, that even taking into account the most pessimistic estimates, they remain a high probability.

It was not that long ago that our understanding of the limits imposed by the speed of sound were incorrect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal