Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 01:16 PM

22,864 posts, read 28,127,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Ezekiel's experience was an example of the God-chariot vision of merkabah mysticism - a tradition that spanned about a thousand years in Jewish writings:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkabah_mysticism

You see the influence of this tradition in the Apocalypse of John (aka Book of Revelation) in the New Testament. Those who see a "spaceship" in Ezekiel are reading modern expectations into a long-standing mystical tradition.
What he said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 06:47 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,477,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

What if 300 years from now humanity discovers time travel? Those UFOs seen in the 1700s might be man-made craft from the 2400s.
Surprisingly, that would explain many of the strange aspects to UFOs, past and present. In 300 years, society will be unrecognizable to any of us, not to even mention what it would be like in 3000 yrs!!

Old 04-27-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Surprisingly, that would explain many of the strange aspects to UFOs, past and present. In 300 years, society will be unrecognizable to any of us, not to even mention what it would be like in 3000 yrs!!
Precisely.

I believe in UFOs for a simple reason: I've seen them. Three times in my life. Two I could see maybe being some sort of man-made present-day craft that was just behaving weird. The third? Nope. It behaved in a way that defied every bit of physics I know.

But I have no idea what it was. I can't insist it was aliens because we have no evidence aliens are visiting us. They might be. But until evidence proves it ... ? I just don't know.

I saw an Unidentified Flying Object. And that's all I know about it. It could be any number of things, and I don't have enough evidence to hazard an explanation.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:27 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,478,373 times
Quote:
If modern UFO reports are any indicator of what they are working on with experimental aircraft technology, its totally silent operation, ability to hover in place, cloaking that makes it invisible to the naked eye, jamming and distorts electronic and mechanical devices on the ground nearby, (cell phones, cars, computers, etc).

I could understand this since it was so effective when they were testing the B2, and stealth technology, but there is one aspect that conflicts, and that is the fact that craft with abilities I listed above have been reported for decades, so if it was experimental in the 50s or 60s, it would not STILL be experimental today, at least not all of it anyway, we would see some of this technology trickle down/out to known and widely used aircraft by now, there is something fishy about that, considering the F35 is the most advanced military jet we have today and it is extremely loud, cannot cloak itself, etc.
Makes sense to me.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:16 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,464,096 times
Quote:
Well, in the years before the airplane was invented, we can say for certain, NONE of them were man-made, or mis IDs, etc.
Balloons and kites predate airplanes.....

Old 04-27-2018, 04:04 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,911,440 times
Quote:
Precisely.

I believe in UFOs for a simple reason: I've seen them. Three times in my life. Two I could see maybe being some sort of man-made present-day craft that was just behaving weird. The third? Nope. It behaved in a way that defied every bit of physics I know.

But I have no idea what it was. I can't insist it was aliens because we have no evidence aliens are visiting us. They might be. But until evidence proves it ... ? I just don't know.

I saw an Unidentified Flying Object. And that's all I know about it. It could be any number of things, and I don't have enough evidence to hazard an explanation.
I've seen them twice, during the 1965 Midwest UFO flap. I was satellite watching and saw what I thought was a satellite, but it was in the wrong place -- then it made a near 90 degree turn. During the day, I saw a silver thing over the Mississippi that was reported by a number of people - it changed shape and seemed to be of a mirage-like nature. One night during the flap, I was in the house when my grandmother, mother, and sister came running terrified into the house - they said something very large with lights on it passed low over the house. I ran outside, but whatever it was it was gone by then. Not sure if it was during the same flap, but my dad saw something over a field on the way home from work; he thought it might be a plane in trouble (which makes no sense but that's the only way his brain could process what he was seeing. He said he stopped for a while and watched it; it seemed to be a disk above the field and had what appeared to be windows around it.

Whatever these experiences are, the reported objects seem to have physical and non-physical characteristics; the acceleration and high velocities (without sonic booms), disappearance and morphing in some reports suggest projections or visual/energetic phenomena rather than phenomena involving mass. Other reports suggest physical objects. I tend to agree with Jacques Vallee, I don't think they're "spaceships" piloted by alien visitors from some distant planet as is often claimed. The answers somewhere out there in the Multiverse.

Old 04-27-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
I thought was a satellite, but it was in the wrong place -- then it made a near 90 degree turn.
Very similar to what I saw, only it was in broad daylight.

I was watching what I thought was an odd commercial jet airliner. I thought it was a jet because we get them flying into Boston and Manchester all the time and it was going about the same speed as the jets I'm used to seeing headed toward Boston. But I thought it was odd because I couldn't see any wings on it, it left no contrail, and was making no sound whatsoever. Then, as I was watching it, it turned at an instant 90+ degree angle and accelerated at such a rate of speed that it was gone from the sky in half a second or less.

Quote:
I don't think they're "spaceships" piloted by alien visitors from some distant planet as is often claimed. The answers somewhere out there in the Multiverse.
That is as good an explanation as any.

If they are non-terrestrial visitors, then they certainly must have found ways of traveling other than going from Point A to Point B really, really fast. Even near the speed of light, the distances between stars are too vast.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:

That is as good an explanation as any.

If they are non-terrestrial visitors, then they certainly must have found ways of traveling other than going from Point A to Point B really, really fast. Even near the speed of light, the distances between stars are too vast.
They COULD be just about anything, floating the theory they are 'alien visitors from some other place' is just something that makes sense to us, and seems realistic enough, that it could be correct, Tv and movies have sort of primed us into forming an opinion like this.

Personally though, the fact that these things have been showing up in our skies, all over the world, for 1000s of years, and the shape of their aircraft, the capabilities, and behavior have not really changed over all this time, suggests something else is going on, I think if they are indeed aliens from somewhere else, they are likely our creators, or for all we know, earth, the moon, the system of planets we call home, may be one giant 'test tube', and these things we call UFOs are just them checking in, monitoring their experiment, maybe trying to prove or disprove some hypothesis of theirs.

Or they could be time travelers from the future, think about it, if time travel is EVER created, even if its 5000 yrs in the future, UFOs are more than likely how they would appear to a destination period, they would certainly not interact with people of the time or give them any technology that may alter their course, their 'ships' (technology) would always appear to be the same, since they would be coming from the same time period in the future, it does sort of make sense.

The other theory, which I think is most unlikely, is that they are demons/ angels, one of the reasons I do not believe in this, is that UFOs do not try to interact, or influence people at any time, demons would try to do this imo, they would land in times square on new years eve if they thought it would fool anyone!

Of course, they could also be something we have NO definition for!!! Maybe they are something we cannot comprehend.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
They COULD be just about anything, floating the theory they are 'alien visitors from some other place' is just something that makes sense to us, and seems realistic enough, that it could be correct, Tv and movies have sort of primed us into forming an opinion like this.
Yup. Agreed. Until some concrete evidence comes to light, we can only speculate.

Quote:
Personally though, the fact that these things have been showing up in our skies, all over the world, for 1000s of years, and the shape of their aircraft, the capabilities, and behavior have not really changed over all this time, suggests something else is going on, I think if they are indeed aliens from somewhere else, they are likely our creators, or for all we know, earth, the moon, the system of planets we call home, may be one giant 'test tube', and these things we call UFOs are just them checking in, monitoring their experiment, maybe trying to prove or disprove some hypothesis of theirs.
The only bit of that I’d seriously argue with is “likely.” We don’t have any evidence to make this suggestion “likely.” Possible? Sure. It’s possible. Probable? Eh … I dunno. Until we have more evidence, we simply don’t know what these things are.

But IF they are aliens from a different star or even a different dimension, then we have no idea what might motivate them. We’re coming at the question from our own point of view, but these things may have an entirely different point of view. They may be completely uninterested in humans and are buzzing by for a look at the butterflies. Or maybe SNL was right all along, and they’re here for more Chuck Berry.

But more likely it’s something that hasn’t even entered into our thinking.

Quote:
Of course, they could also be something we have NO definition for!!! Maybe they are something we cannot comprehend.
If this were a bet, that’s where I’d place my money.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:

But more likely it’s something that hasn’t even entered into our thinking.

If this were a bet, that’s where I’d place my money.
Yes, this is probably the most likely, I do think govt (powers that be) know a bit more about them then they admit, but I doubt they know everything.

I think this is a good description of the situation...think about fish that live underwater, to them, that lake or river IS THE WORLD, they do not know anything about the vast complex world full of much more advanced beings, that exists right above the water, and even if one was plucked out of the water and shown a large city, they wouldnt understand any of it, they would not know what they are even looking at....in other words...Mankind on earth...ARE THE FISH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal