Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 01:51 PM

22,864 posts, read 28,131,911 times

Advertisements

https://www.livescience.com/62155-ar...sert-2018.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 03:28 PM

14,989 posts, read 23,799,586 times
The key word here in UFO is "unidentified"...which thus classifies it amongst dozens, maybe hundreds, of natural or manmade phenomena or craft possibilities, unless you want to go directly to the least plausible explanation.

Of course the FAA can't explain it, the FAA didn't see it. Not a lot of info or data here, which in turn explains why it's "unidentified".

Old 04-05-2018, 08:48 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,480,306 times
I was reading about this just now before coming on CD.

I just wonder if the FAA is ever informed or aware when they are testing secret experimental aircraft, especially when its over civilian populated areas...I would think they are, but not entirely sure.

We all know they used the 'UFO cover' to disguise experimental aircraft back in the 50s, 60s and 70s, I think they even bragged about how well it worked at keeping everyone guessing, it wouldnt be a stretch they do the same thing today...but if that is true, modern UFO reports give us hints at where aircraft technology is going...

From what I see across many UFO reports, many operate totally silent, can hover in place, and then take off so fast, it looks like they vanish, (again, with no sound), cloaking ability that makes it invisible to the naked eye, and effects on electrical and mechanical items on the ground, (cell phones, cars, houses, computers, etc), and the overall shape is changing drastically, which may indicate they have some kind of anti-gravity technology.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:22 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,044,970 times
Please tell me someone else noticed this? Per the link:

“Reports like these may be more common than you imagine. According to the National UFO Reporting Center — an online database of alleged UFO sightings in America — there have been nearly 650 UFO sightings reported so far in 2018. However, the website advises, "Many of the new reports have been submitted by individuals who elect to remain anonymous… we encourage visitors to our website to be discriminating in what they accept as accurate and reliable."

Come on people. The FAA doesn’t release things to the media any more than the Pentagon does. Except that they both just did.

And they are quoting the NUFORC? They almost made it sound like a “Department of” after decades of ridiculing them as “tin-foil-hatters”.

They make sure to mention those “anonymous reporters” though. Is this some kind of “I’ll show you mine if you show me yours?” play date with the Feds?

They want something. That’s the only reason the narrative just changed. They cast their lines, now they wait for a nibble.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
The key word here in UFO is "unidentified"...which thus classifies it amongst dozens, maybe hundreds, of natural or manmade phenomena or craft possibilities, unless you want to go directly to the least plausible explanation.

Of course the FAA can't explain it, the FAA didn't see it. Not a lot of info or data here, which in turn explains why it's "unidentified".
Standard FAA response since the late 1960’s: “ We received no report or communications about this incident” ... And: “Confirmed as a weather balloon”.

Yeah, there are hundreds of natural/man made phenomena cases reported to the FAA every year. And then they either identify it or state they had no knowledge of the report. Instead:

“It likely wasn't a "Google balloon," the FAA reported, nor a weather balloon or a military craft.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I was reading about this just now before coming on CD.

I just wonder if the FAA is ever informed or aware when they are testing secret experimental aircraft, especially when its over civilian populated areas...I would think they are, but not entirely sure.
Of course they are; unless they just direct commercial flights right into oncoming military aircraft during training exercises; which I don’t believe has happened. Per the link:

“We have a close working relationship with a number of other agencies and safely handle military aircraft and civilian aircraft of all types in that area every day, including high-altitude weather balloons," an FAA representative told the New Times.”

Old 04-05-2018, 11:55 PM

Just going to put in my disclaimer: I don’t know nor do I really care if that particular incident or the Pentagon one are legit. Although that video was pretty cool.

But I just know somebody is going to misinterpret what I just said as caring about it. And I don’t. It’s just so obvious to me that these recent odd reports are so incongruent with the reality of how things work & have worked for decades.

This is an attempt to kiss & make up. To “open up the dialogue”. They apparently have been following something & found an anonymous report alluding to a citizen having a relevant experience & ran into a brick wall.

I hope it works out for everybody involved; I really do.

Old 04-06-2018, 06:25 AM

Quote:
The key word here in UFO is "unidentified"...
Yup.

Quote:
Not entirely true. The FAA knows every single civilian aircraft in the air and is constantly watching all of them via radar, radio transmissions, satellite, etc. And they have no idea what this supposed craft was. But two pilots reported the same thing.

Hence: Unidentified.

Old 04-06-2018, 06:52 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,464,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Of course they are; unless they just direct commercial flights right into oncoming military aircraft during training exercises; which I don’t believe has happened. Per the link:

“We have a close working relationship with a number of other agencies and safely handle military aircraft and civilian aircraft of all types in that area every day, including high-altitude weather balloons," an FAA representative told the New Times.”
The FAA is aware of military flights but that does not mean they are aware of classified aircraft or their flights. Frankly it does not usually matter because the military does not need, nor usually wish to, take classified aircraft into commercial airspace. I am not sure what was reported but I would not rule out classified aircraft. It would be very careless for the military to hand over information on classified aircraft test flights to so many people IMHO.

Old 04-06-2018, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
The FAA is aware of military flights but that does not mean they are aware of classified aircraft or their flights. Frankly it does not usually matter because the military does not need, nor usually wish to, take classified aircraft into commercial airspace. I am not sure what was reported but I would not rule out classified aircraft. It would be very careless for the military to hand over information on classified aircraft test flights to so many people IMHO.
Keep in mind too: Our military coordinates with the FAA. That doesn't mean the militaries of other nations necessarily do.

Old 04-06-2018, 08:53 AM

14,989 posts, read 23,799,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
My view is we are dealing with two separate government agencies here - FAA and Military, actually more than two when we get into top secret aircraft and various weather, crop, survey, etc. government aircraft operating. With that you get all the inefficiencies and disorganization that comes with it. One hand does not talk to each other, that sort of thing. They probably only do the least minimum to ensure safety. They say they aware of all aircraft, but...never underestimate the propensity for government agencies to be inept.

I am guessing that in more cases than we suspect, the FAA has no idea what military aircraft are operating in the vicinity, and the military simply does not want to be bothered with notifying civilian authorities. This happened with the Phoenix lights episode years back, the military finally came up with "oh yeah, we had aircraft testing flares at our base, so what's the big deal?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal