Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 02:20 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I know why they do not let people on there but I was responding to the users claim that if nothing is going why ban the public question. I see a lot of people say things like that thinking it is proof of something but when you ask them the same question the excuses start-a-flowin.
Some people do not remember how our government and many businesses operated a long time ago. That is why there are so many superfund cleanups today. When Plum Island first started it's research; it would not surprise me if biohazards were not buried or thrown into the sea - as well as hazardous chemicals. Government 'mistakes' have been haunting old government facilities and depots for decades. They did not have the rules, laws, regulations and they had no idea how much damage they did to the environment.

In the case of Plum Island it may be the cheaper option to declare it a restricted 'bird sanctuary' than actually cleaning up the island. I don't really know; just speculation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 07:07 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,570,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Bring back MOUNTAIN MONSTERS!!!!
They ran that series today. Now they are back to running non paranormal shows from Thursday through Sunday. Boo!

Lots of good old ones on Amazon Prime.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:25 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDogToday View Post
They ran that series today. Now they are back to running non paranormal shows from Thursday through Sunday. Boo!

Lots of good old ones on Amazon Prime.
Actually, it looks like Thursday through Saturday for non-paranormal shows - Sunday is paranormal too:

https://www.destinationamerica.com/schedule

Old 03-24-2019, 07:47 PM

1 posts, read 261 times
Haven't seen a paranormal show on this network in over a month. I started watching the Travel channel. It seems that they have increased their paranormal shows.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:00 PM

12,978 posts, read 9,501,161 times
I never even thought of Destination America as being a paranormal channel. They have a lot of such content, I just didn't know that was its reason for existence.

Looks like Travel Channel has some haunted hotel programs on tonight. I rarely watch the "ghost" programming, but I like the UFO shows. I don't really consider that paranormal though.

Old 03-28-2019, 01:06 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I never even thought of Destination America as being a paranormal channel. They have a lot of such content, I just didn't know that was its reason for existence.
From their current show lineup, it looks like most of the programming is still paranormal (mostly hauntings, though):

https://www.destinationamerica.com/tv-shows/

An interesting page that describes how the ecologically-themed Planet Green morphed into Destination America in 2016:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destination_America

Old 03-29-2019, 01:10 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,882,381 times
Ive taken it off of my channel list. Dont like "ghosty" shows, and cant stand Myron Dicks or Micks or whatever that moronic guy is on those BBQ show.. My son still has it on his list on his box, so he lets me know when Mountain Monsters is on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal