Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 05:53 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,406,247 times

Advertisements

Maybe its Morse Code? Write down the pattern short, long, how many, then see what it says in Morse Code! Hey, it would give you something to do on a rainy night!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2018, 08:31 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'M' View Post
coschristi - I use the hotspot on my cell phone regularly since I go to places without WIFI. However, due to being in a Colorado mountain area, my cell phone carrier had a "no service" signal on my phone while I was at this lodge. I had to drive about a mile in order to get a signal. Couldn't use my hotspot without a signal. They do have the public WIFI, which I knew was risky.
Oh I understand about Colorado & cell phone reception! Wait, this happened in Colorado? In a lodge near/on rumored Native sacred ground? There are several notable places like that here but of all of them, there is one that stands above & beyond the others & that’s where I am.

If it was Manitou (or Garden of the Gods or even Crystola) that’s a whole different matter. Reasonable explanations are not typical for Manitou (neither is cell phone reception)!

Old 05-02-2018, 08:33 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Maybe its Morse Code? Write down the pattern short, long, how many, then see what it says in Morse Code! Hey, it would give you something to do on a rainy night!
Now that is a scary thought!

Old 05-03-2018, 07:12 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
This is great idea, also the OP could have recorded the knocking and posted it so that others that are familiar with Morse Code could attempt to decipher it.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:24 AM

11,128 posts, read 9,760,240 times
Probably what is known as "water hammer". Especially since you stated it was near the bathroom wall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_hammer

It can also happen when a pipe is not properly secured to the studs within the wall and the water pressure builds up and causes the pipe to vibrate banging (sometimes quite violently) against the wood. It used to happen in a home I rented and was SO annoying, sometimes with very LOUD banging that might go on for minutes to hours.

Generally if there are two or more explanations for an occurrence, the simplest answer is usually the correct answer (Occam's Razor).

Last edited by TheShadow; 05-04-2018 at 11:55 AM..

Old 05-04-2018, 01:30 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Probably what is known as "water hammer". Especially since you stated it was near the bathroom wall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_hammer
Here's a couple of recordings of a water hammer. Sure sounds like someone knocking on the wall to me.

https://youtu.be/jTrhHUwDNYE
https://youtu.be/2ktDPAvVRaA

Old 05-04-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
This is great idea, also the OP could have recorded the knocking and posted it so that others that are familiar with Morse Code could attempt to decipher it.
Yep, go ahead, mock me lol!

It seems to me there should be software to translate Morse Code, do a google search

Old 05-05-2018, 05:48 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
Yep, go ahead, mock me lol!

It seems to me there should be software to translate Morse Code, do a google search
I was not mocking you, I just thought recording would be easier and it would possibly be more accurate for someone that is not too experienced in Morse Code.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I was not mocking you, I just thought recording would be easier and it would possibly be more accurate for someone that is not too experienced in Morse Code.
That's okay!

Old 05-10-2018, 09:52 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
Did you knock the door when you first arrived to the room?

One of the "rules" when you stay in hotel is to knock the door before you enter. I always do this when staying in hotels unless I forget, guess it applies to motel all the same.

If you didn't which I bet is, 'something' was probably trying to teach you good manners..
I have never heard of this? Why Knock?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal