Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 02:16 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,936,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Relax NASA dude. The People Farmers are beyond your comprehension and will do what they do regardless. Might as well get mad that you need to inhale oxygen to continue living.
I assume you're addressing me -- what exactly is your point?

Old 05-10-2018, 03:58 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,802,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I assume you're addressing me -- what exactly is your point?
I was addressing Dr Hertz in case he was reading. He'd know what I was talking about.

Old 05-10-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I was addressing Dr Hertz in case he was reading. He'd know what I was talking about.
You lost me.

Old 05-14-2018, 12:45 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
This is the Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal forum, not the lies and ignorance forum. You even admit in this post that what you are posting may not be true but take the ball and run with it.

Why is this garbage even allowed here?
wait, we can all join into a thread, and we all have our own beliefs, and we're allowed to voice them in threads...just because it fails to justify beliefs that you have, doesn't mean it's lies, pro or con, it's all about what we believe to be true, doesn't necessarily mean, it's lies, right?

Old 05-14-2018, 12:47 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Then you need to read a little more history. What's your proof that we're "regressing" or "infants"? This is a ridiculous claim.
no it isn't a ridiculous claim, it is in fact, my belief, doesn't make me right and you wrong...however, it is what I believe....and I'm sorry that you cannot allow that....

Old 05-14-2018, 01:27 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
wait, we can all join into a thread, and we all have our own beliefs, and we're allowed to voice them in threads...just because it fails to justify beliefs that you have, doesn't mean it's lies, pro or con, it's all about what we believe to be true, doesn't necessarily mean, it's lies, right?
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

No one is entitled to their own facts.

Dr. Paul Hertz said "XYZ" is not a matter of opinion. It is a fact or it is not.

Claiming Dr. Hertz said something when he did not is by definition a lie. Not by the poster on this thread, but by whoever originally made the claim. In this case, it looks like it started with the website Imgur. Which just goes to show you: Just because someone said something on the Internet doesn't make it true.

Old 05-14-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
no it isn't a ridiculous claim, it is in fact, my belief, doesn't make me right and you wrong...however, it is what I believe....and I'm sorry that you cannot allow that....

So what you're saying is that any questioning of a claim here is not acceptable, no matter how ridiculous or patently false it is. And if someone's accused of doing or saying something, no one is allowed to point out that the person accused says the claim is B.S.

Suppose someone online accuses you of being a former Nazi who has been living in hiding since WW2, and who has been granted near immortality by the reptilian overlords who are farming us for food. Or of being one of the reptilian overlords. Or of being a paid shill for the government (as I've been accused of here on a couple of occasions). You reply, "That's ridiculous -- show me the proof that it's true". The accuser comes back and says: "It is in fact my belief, doesn't make me right and you wrong ... however it is what I believe".

Dr. Hertz has denied the claims. Yet you're asking that we believe your assertions over his -- which implies he's lying and you're not and you have some authority to make truth claims that are counter to what he says. Curious, I think.

Old 05-14-2018, 04:56 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,535 times
Quote:
There is belief:

There is a God.

And then there is tangible fact:

Gravity exists.

Belief is fine. But when someone states something as a fact it is OK, and proper, to ask them for sources. I notice that ocpaul20 always implicates the US government and NEVER the Chinese government. He questions NASA, but uses their information if it is convenient, but NEVER criticizes the Chines Space agency. ocpaul20 makes wild accusations such as there are not satellite images of Antarctica or that they are not high enough quality, but the simple truth is ocpaul20 could commission these, make his own satellites or go the Antarctica. But my belief is that these do not fit his anti-US agenda.

I hope I have clarified that for you.

Last edited by Old Guard; 05-14-2018 at 05:05 PM..

Old 05-14-2018, 05:16 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
And since this thread is based on a hoax, I’m closing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal