Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2018, 08:35 AM

777 posts, read 880,612 times

Advertisements

Home - Rocky Elmore - Author of OUT ON FOOT: Nightly Patrols and Ghostly Tales of a U.S. Border Patrol Agent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZtW0ajV8y4

This is a book written by Rocky Elmore, a retired U.S. Border Patrol Agent.
It is about his career patrolling the Otay Mountains in San Diego,
California and his supernatural experiences there. One event that stands
out is the ghost of a border patrol agent who would confront illegals and
route them to living agents.

The youtube video is Rocky Elmore himself in an interview in a series called
The Confessionals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 08:06 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
I would be suspicious of anyone trying to sell books on this kind of thing, too much incentive for stuff to be made up.

Old 05-20-2018, 05:09 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,614,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
One event that stands out is the ghost of a border patrol agent who would confront illegals and route them to living agents.
Stands out as complete bs, I'm sure.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:39 AM

777 posts, read 880,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Stands out as complete bs, I'm sure.
Did you actually hear the interview or are you
just being an a-hole?

Old 05-25-2018, 03:17 PM

950 posts, read 1,258,536 times
I'll have to look for the book on Amazon. I don't think it's complete BS. Don't forget illegals cross through desert areas where there is little water or food. So if a border patrol agent saw a ghost it is possible. People out in Marfa, Texas are aware of the Marfa Lights, and no they aren't caused by cars. They have been there for many years. Just like the Big Thicket light in East Texas in the Big Thinket. I believe the National Guard or some Army soldiers tried to surround the light, but it disappeared and re-appeared behind them.They had a photo of the light in an issue of National Geographic years ago.Don't recall the year, but i did see the photo.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:12 PM

9 posts, read 7,883 times
Can confirm: this is a really good book. I was waiting for a while to get to the Bigfoot part, but everything up to it was amazing. Very creepy.

Old 03-28-2019, 03:06 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,104,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I would be suspicious of anyone trying to sell books on this kind of thing, too much incentive for stuff to be made up.
I've heard the Agent Santiago ghost story elsewhere and long before Elmore published his book. And the person who told me the story was not named Rocky Elmore either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal