Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 10:00 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I feel sorry for people that live in houses that are supposed to be haunted and well known. They must get hundreds of complete strangers every year wanting access into their home just to quench a curiosity.
I think many of them lie about "nothing weird happening"

I wont get to detailed as I promised...but that's how I got into the Amityville house

I wont say when or who was living there, only that they claimed nothing weird happening
they LIED...I talked to them outside...they were polite but not thrilled with us being there
when I told them what I sensed they invited me in...

they basically agreed with what I told them about a few areas of the house
in the book the preist told the lutzes not to put kids in this one room...he was right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 10:02 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

In what year did you go to the Amityville house?

Also, the Queen Mary is haunted...by a little girl. I know that personally from experience back in 1961/1962. She only wants someone to play with.
I promised the owners I wouldn't talk about it, but if I did to not give away which owner it was

its not the current owners as they were selling when I was invited in

Old 06-06-2018, 08:25 AM

2 posts, read 1,346 times
I've been to the Villisca Axe Murder house. Very cool and creepy place.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:59 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,592,442 times
The spookiest place I've ever visited is the Custer massacre site on the Little Big Horn. I remember my first visit well; I was ten years old. It was a warm and sunny June day in southern Montana. My parents and I were on vacation when we decided to visit. My mother didn't notice it, but my father and I felt a physical chill as well as the anger of still present ghosts who weren't supposed to have died.

I've been back several times. It doesn't scare me; it's just spooky. My late wife's feelings were about the same as mine, but the place did make her nervous.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:52 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,259,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
The spookiest place I've ever visited is the Custer massacre site on the Little Big Horn. I remember my first visit well; I was ten years old. It was a warm and sunny June day in southern Montana. My parents and I were on vacation when we decided to visit. My mother didn't notice it, but my father and I felt a physical chill as well as the anger of still present ghosts who weren't supposed to have died.

I've been back several times. It doesn't scare me; it's just spooky. My late wife's feelings were about the same as mine, but the place did make her nervous.
I have to wonder. If you were taken there blindfolded and you had no idea where you were, would you have still had those chills and felt the anger? I guess we'll never know.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:06 PM

32,915 posts, read 36,310,068 times
Quote:
I have to wonder. If you were taken there blindfolded and you had no idea where you were, would you have still had those chills and felt the anger? I guess we'll never know.
Good question.

I didn't feel anything at Gettysburg, but heard snippets of innocuous conversation.

Old 06-06-2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:
I've been a psychic for close to fifty years. I've had chills and I've had nothing plenty of times without any expectations.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:11 AM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I've been a psychic for close to fifty years. I've had chills and I've had nothing plenty of times without any expectations.
I've heard there's the kind of presence you describe, in Santa Fe, NM and Albuquerque. Spirits still hanging around after the Spanish massacred people. That could well be true in parts of California. (The Gold Rush didn't do the Native people any favors, but even land grabs without gold present were sufficient motive....). I'm curious if you might pick up on anything around Santa Fe, or in certain locations in rural northern CA.

Thanks for your Little Big Horn story.

Old 06-09-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've heard there's the kind of presence you describe, in Santa Fe, NM and Albuquerque. Spirits still hanging around after the Spanish massacred people. That could well be true in parts of California. (The Gold Rush didn't do the Native people any favors, but even land grabs without gold present were sufficient motive....). I'm curious if you might pick up on anything around Santa Fe, or in certain locations in rural northern CA.

There was an overgrown area near my home in Chicago. It was very creepy. I later learned that a woman had been murdered there—she had been beheaded.

OTOH, I've been to sites in both Colorado and Wyoming where riots against the Chinese took place as well as a Civil War POW camp in Chicago. Nothing. I've been in Albuquerque and Santa Fe as well as numerous old gold camps with no effect.

Why some locations and not others? I think that almost all spirits move on. A very small number, however, seem to remain at their places of death.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:18 PM

32,915 posts, read 36,310,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

People have died and been killed all over the place. Thankfully, I don't hear anything about most of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal