Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 12:58 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've heard there's the kind of presence you describe, in Santa Fe, NM and Albuquerque. Spirits still hanging around after the Spanish massacred people. That could well be true in parts of California. (The Gold Rush didn't do the Native people any favors, but even land grabs without gold present were sufficient motive....). I'm curious if you might pick up on anything around Santa Fe ...
Santa Fe & Albuquerque feel “safe” to me. Almost benevolent. Huge contrast to Hwy 285 out of Roswell or even 87 out of Raton. With the exception of the UFO history, I’m not familiar with any legend or lore of either region.

As melodramatic as it may sound, in both places mentioned above; I personally, as a night-owl, sense my own violation of some unwritten contract of those that may inhabit the night vs the day. It feels non-intimate, as in: “many” & it feels foreboding; as in: “you should go now, hurry”.

I-25 east of Santa Fe through Glorietta & Pecos is notorious but the discord feels human/living to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
OTOH, I've been to sites in both Colorado and Wyoming where riots against the Chinese took place as well as a Civil War POW camp in Chicago. Nothing.
Interesting, I have lived in Colorado since I was 4 years old & hadn’t heard of anti-Chinese riots but I will have to look that up!

You might enjoy the southwestern region of Colorado; specifically the region that spans from the Great Sand Dunes west to the Canyons of the Ancients & I would emphasize visiting Mesa Verde, in particular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 07:48 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
People have died and been killed all over the place. Thankfully, I don't hear anything about most of it.
How do we know that haunted places or ghosts are related in anyway to deceased people?

I think this is a common misconception about ghosts. There is no evidence they are the spirits or souls of people that have died.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:59 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
The spookiest place I've ever visited is the Custer massacre site on the Little Big Horn. I remember my first visit well; I was ten years old. It was a warm and sunny June day in southern Montana. My parents and I were on vacation when we decided to visit. My mother didn't notice it, but my father and I felt a physical chill as well as the anger of still present ghosts who weren't supposed to have died.

I've been back several times. It doesn't scare me; it's just spooky. My late wife's feelings were about the same as mine, but the place did make her nervous.
holy moley cant believe ive never thought of going here
definitely added to my list...love the old west

Old 06-13-2018, 10:25 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
Ive been to the Ammityville House...its a different address, but its the only house on the water that is turned 90 degrees from the rest of them...
you do know that Ammityville has long been deemed a hoax, right?
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/th...yville-horror/

Been several threads about it.

Little Bighorn battlefield story is interesting but it's important to point out that the "last stand" was spread out over several square miles as the person mentioning must certaintly must have remembered the clumps of white crosses indicating where the bodies of soldiers were found (and also the bodies are of course not buried there but in a separate portion of the monument - Custer National Cemetary, which is a veteran cemetery from all periods of late 19th and 20th century I beleive). Those white crosses showing the points of action and where they fell are sobering and moving enough without ghosts, or more accurately contribute to the sense that this place is still alive - clumps of 3 or 4 here and there, maybe a dozen 100 yards away, two here, maybe farther away single crosses here and there where individual soldiers were attempting to flee, etc. Indians would have been slain also along the BigHorn during the initial encounter which I don't even think is part of the National Battlefield area, I can't remember.

Last edited by Dd714; 06-13-2018 at 10:47 AM..

Old 06-17-2018, 06:00 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,231,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
you do know that Ammityville has long been deemed a hoax, right?
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/th...yville-horror/

Been several threads about it.

Little Bighorn battlefield story is interesting but it's important to point out that the "last stand" was spread out over several square miles as the person mentioning must certaintly must have remembered the clumps of white crosses indicating where the bodies of soldiers were found (and also the bodies are of course not buried there but in a separate portion of the monument - Custer National Cemetary, which is a veteran cemetery from all periods of late 19th and 20th century I beleive). Those white crosses showing the points of action and where they fell are sobering and moving enough without ghosts, or more accurately contribute to the sense that this place is still alive - clumps of 3 or 4 here and there, maybe a dozen 100 yards away, two here, maybe farther away single crosses here and there where individual soldiers were attempting to flee, etc. Indians would have been slain also along the BigHorn during the initial encounter which I don't even think is part of the National Battlefield area, I can't remember.
Amityville, not "Ammityville".

Not everyone thinks that the whole story was a hoax. Most people believe that the Lutz family moved in, thinking that they would make some money from the whole thing.
Yes, they were pretty sleazy people. Scam artists, actually. They were supposed to live there for one year.
They couldn't make it.
The whole family met with misfortune, as did the next family who lived there.

There is something there.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post

Not everyone thinks that the whole story was a hoax. Most people believe that the Lutz family moved in, thinking that they would make some money from the whole thing.
Yes, they were pretty sleazy people. Scam artists, actually. They were supposed to live there for one year.
They couldn't make it.

Tell OP about Amityville spelling, not me. But who cares?

The story was a hoax, the house has been sold and occupied several times by various families and no family that has occupied the house since the Lutz has experienced any supernatural event. The worst thing families living in that house have to deal with is probably kids trespassing to "see the horror house".

There is nothing there.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:06 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,231,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Tell OP about Amityville spelling, not me. But who cares?

The story was a hoax, the house has been sold and occupied several times by various families and no family that has occupied the house since the Lutz has experienced any supernatural event. The worst thing families living in that house have to deal with is probably kids trespassing to "see the horror house".

There is nothing there.
Wrong.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Wrong.
LOL, that's a compelling counter argument. OK you convinced me!

Old 06-21-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:

They couldn't make it.

I DO NOT believe it was 100% hoax
I believe they made up stuff to make it scarier
for sure

real paranormal activity often doesn't make for a great horror film...gotta add levitation and evil pigs and bloody walls

I was in that house and there was no red room
however the upstairs bedroom was definitely active...I am "sensitive"
found out this was the sewing room from the book

Old 06-21-2018, 10:31 AM

the post lutz inhabitants have ...this is just my opinion, based on things ive read and seen...so I have no irrefutable proof...they have been coerced and sometimes bribed to say "nothing has happened here"

especially when trying to sell the darned house LOL

Talk to friends and neighbors of the future inhabitants and you get a different picture...

rooms they wont enter...wont be in the house alone...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal