Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 10:29 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,527 times

Advertisements

Southington, Connecticut and Harrisville Rhode Island
The Haunting in Connecticut and The Conjuring house...basicall

Both are still occupied, private, so obtaining access will very difficult
Just curious if anyone was able to gain access to "famous" haunted houses LEGALLY?

Ive been to the Ammityville House...its a different address, but its the only house on the water that is turned 90 degrees from the rest of them...totally redone and hard to recognize if not for the weird position...we were able to get in this house and explore...I am sensitive and got some weird basement and attic vibes, what I thought was the sewing room really disturbed me...but most of the house was just a house
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 10:57 AM

3,299 posts, read 3,024,923 times
Ooh, fun--do report back! I get too creeped out to visit haunted places anymore, but I love to hear about them!

Old 05-30-2018, 07:38 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
The only famous haunted place I've wandered was the Queen Mary. Our daughter played the ghost of "Jackie" at the pool for some history channel show years ago and security let me wander all over the bowels of the ship where the public isn't allowed and showed me some of the supposed hotspots.

It was very cool for me from a history buff perspective but I left feeling like the ship's "spook central" reputation is a bit over-exagerated.

I think people are haunted rather than places and that if we could peek outside of our little sliver of reality we'd see things going on EVERYWHERE. Perhaps certain places are just better at putting some "lucky" folks in the right mental state to allow them glimpses of the beyond? I don't know.

Back in this world however, don't pester people living in those places. It's rude, most of the claims are B.S. anyway and for the real paranormal events it's not like you are gonna experience anything... it's kinda like trying to see lightning by going to the sites of former lightning strikes.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:39 AM

17,341 posts, read 11,274,075 times
I feel sorry for people that live in houses that are supposed to be haunted and well known. They must get hundreds of complete strangers every year wanting access into their home just to quench a curiosity.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:53 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,123,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
Southington, Connecticut and Harrisville Rhode Island
The Haunting in Connecticut and The Conjuring house...basicall

Both are still occupied, private, so obtaining access will very difficult
Just curious if anyone was able to gain access to "famous" haunted houses LEGALLY?

Ive been to the Ammityville House...its a different address, but its the only house on the water that is turned 90 degrees from the rest of them...totally redone and hard to recognize if not for the weird position...we were able to get in this house and explore...I am sensitive and got some weird basement and attic vibes, what I thought was the sewing room really disturbed me...but most of the house was just a house
In what year did you go to the Amityville house?

Also, the Queen Mary is haunted...by a little girl. I know that personally from experience back in 1961/1962. She only wants someone to play with.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:31 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I feel sorry for people that live in houses that are supposed to be haunted and well known. They must get hundreds of complete strangers every year wanting access into their home just to quench a curiosity.
Yep, and even houses that aren’t famous but the locals know what happened? I would never buy a stigmatized house for just that reason.

Old 06-01-2018, 06:41 AM

17,341 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Yep, and even houses that aren’t famous but the locals know what happened? I would never buy a stigmatized house for just that reason.
Agreed. Sometimes people buy houses having no idea about the home's haunted reputation. This is true especially when someone buys a house in another neighborhood or town they aren't familiar with. I don't think it's something realtors have to disclose.

Old 06-01-2018, 08:16 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,388,318 times
Real estate disclosure laws vary from state to state and within counties and municipalities in those states.

There are enough public spaces that are reputed to be haunted. Not sure I'd want to infringe on a private residence unless it held some personal connection.

There are also those places that have spiritual connections that are not the site of any malevolence that can generate significant sensations to sensitives. I'd think the north-east US is full of these places.

Old 06-01-2018, 11:14 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,563 posts, read 81,147,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Real estate disclosure laws vary from state to state and within counties and municipalities in those states.

There are enough public spaces that are reputed to be haunted. Not sure I'd want to infringe on a private residence unless it held some personal connection.

There are also those places that have spiritual connections that are not the site of any malevolence that can generate significant sensations to sensitives. I'd think the north-east US is full of these places.
Yes, there are plenty of public places you can visit without fear of prosecution from the authorities. If you are ever in the Seattle area, for example, stay overnight at the Sorrento Hotel, or go up to Port Townsend and stay at the Manresa Castle or at the Palace Hotel, where we had our first experience.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:29 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Leave them alone.

https://frightfind.com/real-conjuring-house/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal