Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 08:47 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,397,408 times

Advertisements

All that stuff movies opinions prejudices about extradimensional activities in this human dimension does not exist, they are all falsehoods directly connected to a religious idea of existence, you do not have to believe on what they tell you and in that junk you see on television.
The awakening of the masses is my mission
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2018, 02:22 AM

1,752 posts, read 3,751,730 times
We know.

Old 06-09-2018, 03:31 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,592,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miticoman View Post
All that stuff movies opinions prejudices about extradimensional activities in this human dimension does not exist, they are all falsehoods directly connected to a religious idea of existence, you do not have to believe on what they tell you and in that junk you see on television.
Are you planning to provide any evidence or to disprove any claims? Here's an interesting speech by a "debunker." However he claims to be a skeptic rather than a debunker; judge for yourself. I hope you'll watch it and comment. I hope others who watch it from a critical perspective will also comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW98...st=WL&index=98

Last edited by Happy in Wyoming; 06-09-2018 at 03:41 AM..

Old 06-09-2018, 10:06 AM

102,182 posts, read 107,774,599 times
This reminds me of what the Near Death Experience investigators said to their Soviet scientist colleagues, who insisted there was no such thing as an afterlife, spirit beings, a Divine Light, and so forth.

"See you on the Other Side"! Although I doubt the OP and I would ever meet on the Other Side, but I guess you never know.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:22 AM

3,297 posts, read 3,020,583 times
Quote:
You are laboring under a false impression of what is real. And my advice to anyone is to be very wary of someone who feels he or she has a mission. Ordinary people tend to get crushed under the wheels of a mission.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:00 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,875,941 times
Quote:
Can you be a bit more specific on the scope of your "awakening of the masses" mission? The way you phrase the above is a bit confusing particularly when you read the broad outline of your topic title as the term "paranormal activity" is pretty vague. Are we talking aliens here? Ghosts? Bigfoot? Telekenisis? Reincarnation? Or all of the above?...or, you mention religion, is that the topic?

If your intention is the all inclusive topic of "paranormal" including religion (the belief in a supreme being) well I would simply say the you have to qualify it - yes some paranormal beliefs are just silly and you can see it in this forum - claiming dust particles caught on camera are supernatural "orbs", claiming that light malfunctions have a supernatural origin, and I am not even going to discuss bigfoot. Some of it - religion for instance, takes that individual leap of faith, but that's OK. You will lose that mission because it's an existential meaning of life question, an inward struggle for understanding that extends past believing in the Loch Ness Monster. Your best bet is to remove religion from your mission.

Aliens? Well I want to believe myself and although pseudoscience has taken over the field of visits by aliens on earth, 99% of which is garbage, there is that 1% that makes you go "hmmm". Besides that, we cannot ignore that the just about every legitimate scientist in the field agrees that life on other planets is almost a certainty (weather we or they will ever be able to contact us is another matter).

You mention media (TV and movies) - indeed that's an issue and once again you see that every day in this forum in terms of "confirmation bias". Yeah, people watch "The Exorcist" and see possessions everywhere. We can still blame the old 70's movie "The Reincarnation of Peter Proud" and other movies for bringing in the eastern concept of reincarnation (which has absolutely nothing to do with remembering that you were once a countess 300 years ago) into some new-age western pop concept of reincarnation.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:24 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
There are things that exist that we do not know about, I know this for a fact, and so do many other people. I have first hand experience with something that was invisible, but intelligent and had ability to influence tangible objects, but I realized all it could do was make a bunch of noise and a big mess.

Old 06-10-2018, 06:45 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,107,310 times
Hey, I am a medium..

I used to be an extra large.

Old 06-10-2018, 07:40 PM

102,182 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There are things that exist that we do not know about, I know this for a fact, and so do many other people. I have first hand experience with something that was invisible, but intelligent and had ability to influence tangible objects, but I realized all it could do was make a bunch of noise and a big mess.
Yup. There's more to reality than meets the eye, that's how I phrase it. Gravity, for example. Electro-magnetism. Consciousness, and its still poorly-understood qualities. Ultra-violet light and infrared light. Just because we can't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Just because we don't understand a phenomenon, doesn't mean it's "super-natural" or "paranormal". All it means, is that our limited science hasn't been able to explain it yet, if it's even tried.

Old 06-10-2018, 08:46 PM

855 posts, read 623,729 times
Quote:
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal