Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 03:22 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,398,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadingedge04 View Post
We know.

Oukay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 03:24 AM

To Happy in Wyoming

work in progress l need time to watch the clip

Old 06-13-2018, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yup. There's more to reality than meets the eye, that's how I phrase it. Gravity, for example. Electro-magnetism. Consciousness, and its still poorly-understood qualities. Ultra-violet light and infrared light. Just because we can't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Just because we don't understand a phenomenon, doesn't mean it's "super-natural" or "paranormal". All it means, is that our limited science hasn't been able to explain it yet, if it's even tried.

Well stated my post is reffered to this dimension in wich we can see just the light bodies

Old 06-13-2018, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
You are laboring under a false impression of what is real. And my advice to anyone is to be very wary of someone who feels he or she has a mission. Ordinary people tend to get crushed under the wheels of a mission.

With the Council of Nicea Emperor Constantine, the Borgia family later, defined in a book that is called the bible the faith for thousands of believers, if you think about it..just for a while.. the administrative location of the most widespread religious faith in the planet is in Roma.
Don't you agree with me in saying that a bunch of Italians have done the trick, now look at yourself in the mirror and tell me who is the ordinary person ...

All the best to you nice lady..do not forget to have fun any time it appear

Old 06-13-2018, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Can you be a bit more specific on the scope of your "awakening of the masses" mission? The way you phrase the above is a bit confusing particularly when you read the broad outline of your topic title as the term "paranormal activity" is pretty vague. Are we talking aliens here? Ghosts? Bigfoot? Telekenisis? Reincarnation? Or all of the above?...or, you mention religion, is that the topic?

If your intention is the all inclusive topic of "paranormal" including religion (the belief in a supreme being) well I would simply say the you have to qualify it - yes some paranormal beliefs are just silly and you can see it in this forum - claiming dust particles caught on camera are supernatural "orbs", claiming that light malfunctions have a supernatural origin, and I am not even going to discuss bigfoot. Some of it - religion for instance, takes that individual leap of faith, but that's OK. You will lose that mission because it's an existential meaning of life question, an inward struggle for understanding that extends past believing in the Loch Ness Monster. Your best bet is to remove religion from your mission.

Aliens? Well I want to believe myself and although pseudoscience has taken over the field of visits by aliens on earth, 99% of which is garbage, there is that 1% that makes you go "hmmm". Besides that, we cannot ignore that the just about every legitimate scientist in the field agrees that life on other planets is almost a certainty (weather we or they will ever be able to contact us is another matter).

You mention media (TV and movies) - indeed that's an issue and once again you see that every day in this forum in terms of "confirmation bias". Yeah, people watch "The Exorcist" and see possessions everywhere. We can still blame the old 70's movie "The Reincarnation of Peter Proud" and other movies for bringing in the eastern concept of reincarnation (which has absolutely nothing to do with remembering that you were once a countess 300 years ago) into some new-age western pop concept of reincarnation.

Hi, you made a very rational synthesis, but as any rational concept it follows a path bound by the cognitive elements that the mind elaborates through experience, my words are not new on the human topics already Eraclito defined the lived in continuous becoming, today the reality as it is perceived is completely wrong in itself, it's an imposition, we humans are aliens our evolution has no plausible explanations if not the intervention of a superior... then alien wisdom.
in answer to your question I do not believe in the impositions of thought that derive from religious concepts.

Are you a former military officer?

Old 06-13-2018, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kophi View Post
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

The true translation of Gan Eden is a walled and protected garden

Old 06-13-2018, 04:54 AM

19,025 posts, read 14,201,797 times
Can't say about your situation, but many partially furred, variously garbed, electrically powered, food cooking, water filled, gas processing meat bags inhabited by sentient nondimensional beings have no problem with perceiving that which does not register on instruments atuned to this space-time continuum.

Obviously, one who disbelieves in such existence will never perceive it, since it is entirely based on a thought they refuse to accept.
However, if told "Do not think about elephants," invariably does trigger that very thought.

I suppose denialists will discover the truth, one way or the other. Or meet oblivion.

Old 06-13-2018, 05:09 AM

19,025 posts, read 14,201,797 times
HEDGING YOUR BETS
- - - - - -
Remember, try to be the kind of person you’d prefer to spend eternity with, rather than avoid. Either way, you make your own heaven or hell. Right now and later.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:02 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miticoman View Post
Hi, you made a very rational synthesis, but as any rational concept it follows a path bound by the cognitive elements that the mind elaborates through experience, my words are not new on the human topics already Eraclito defined the lived in continuous becoming, today the reality as it is perceived is completely wrong in itself, it's an imposition, we humans are aliens our evolution has no plausible explanations if not the intervention of a superior... then alien wisdom.
in answer to your question I do not believe in the impositions of thought that derive from religious concepts.

Are you a former military officer?
The belief in the paranormal/superstition is simply a human condition to rationalize, or sometimes in an attempt to influence, random and unlikely events, ironically by using an irrational explanation (ghosts, aliens, etc.). It's existed since the dawn of man and continues to exist.
It's a psychological need in humans - 1.) An attempt to give greater meaning to an event that otherwise happens randomly and without apparent purpose, 2.) An attempt to exert control over these events, or at least the belief that one can change events.
It's quite fascinating to review some of the threads on this forum to see what is attributed to the paranormal. Harmless and amusing in most cases, disturbing in some cases.

However I still think that putting religion into the scope of your "mission" is a mistake. It's much too personal and emotional and goes way beyond the hobbiest fascination with the occult or UFOs, and there is a dedicated forum for religion elsewhere in CityData.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:00 AM

11,128 posts, read 9,756,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
The belief in the paranormal/superstition is simply a human condition to rationalize, or sometimes in an attempt to influence, random and unlikely events, ironically by using an irrational explanation (ghosts, aliens, etc.). It's existed since the dawn of man and continues to exist.
It's a psychological need in humans - 1.) An attempt to give greater meaning to an event that otherwise happens randomly and without apparent purpose, 2.) An attempt to exert control over these events, or at least the belief that one can change events.
It's quite fascinating to review some of the threads on this forum to see what is attributed to the paranormal. Harmless and amusing in most cases, disturbing in some cases.

However I still think that putting religion into the scope of your "mission" is a mistake. It's much too personal and emotional and goes way beyond the hobbiest fascination with the occult or UFOs, and there is a dedicated forum for religion elsewhere in CityData.
Actually numbers 1) and 2) of your post are basically part of the definition of religion, so saying that including religion is a bridge too far is a contradiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal