Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2018, 04:05 PM

2,462 posts, read 2,480,403 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever glanced in their rear- view mirror to see a car behind them, only when you look again, Poof!--no car? This has happened to me several times. I'm talking about lonely, flat, straight roads in broad daylight. I've even turned around and retraced my route to where the car might have gone, and there was no possible place. I've been both alone and with passengers when this has happened. I'm sure some would say hallucination, but I don't experience these visions in other areas of my life.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2018, 03:34 PM

8,558 posts, read 10,981,308 times
One afternoon, while driving over the Colorado blvd bridge, on my way to old town Pasadena, in the Vette, top down, an elderly guy waved to me as I drove by him.
As I approached him, I thought, why is that guy wearing a heavy overcoat(it was near 90 degrees.)
He waved like most do when seeing the Vette, and as I passed him, I looked in my rear view mirror,to catch another glimpse of him, and he had disappeared.

Only seconds, perhaps two or three had elapsed when I looked in the mirror.
There is no place to hide on that bridge, but still he had disappeared with in seconds.
He was standing there , not moving, so I don't think it was a case of one falling out of sight by stumbling.

The Colorado blvd bridge has a long history of death by suicide, and haunting.
Obviously this apparition was of someone who died from jumping off that bridge.

If you want to know more about this bridge, google"Colorado blvd bridge".
Fascinating read.

Bob.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:37 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
That bridge is both beautiful and fascinating for it's history. The accounts of it being haunted similar to what you've posted are endless.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:07 AM

764 posts, read 1,421,895 times
I haven't had it happen to me with a car behind me but with an Amish buggy in Kentucky. This was during the day and it was pretty cold - a winter storm was coming in and it was already cloudy but not snowing yet. I was coming out of the Lowe's parking lot onto a main road (busy road with 2 or 3 lanes of traffic in each direction plus a middle turning lane, although not a lot of traffic at that particular time) and there was this Amish flatbed buggy going by across the street. The couple was wearing summer clothes and the lady was holding a baby. That's what got my attention - they way they were dressed because it was cold and windy and not at all summer clothing weather. No jackets or anything. What was weird was that the other cars weren't really reacting to them - they weren't going around them, slowing down or anything. I watched them for a few seconds, glanced at the stop light, looked back to where they were, and they were totally gone. There was no side road or parking lot for them to turn into. They just vanished.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc66 View Post
I haven't had it happen to me with a car behind me but with an Amish buggy in Kentucky. This was during the day and it was pretty cold - a winter storm was coming in and it was already cloudy but not snowing yet. I was coming out of the Lowe's parking lot onto a main road (busy road with 2 or 3 lanes of traffic in each direction plus a middle turning lane, although not a lot of traffic at that particular time) and there was this Amish flatbed buggy going by across the street. The couple was wearing summer clothes and the lady was holding a baby. That's what got my attention - they way they were dressed because it was cold and windy and not at all summer clothing weather. No jackets or anything. What was weird was that the other cars weren't really reacting to them - they weren't going around them, slowing down or anything. I watched them for a few seconds, glanced at the stop light, looked back to where they were, and they were totally gone. There was no side road or parking lot for them to turn into. They just vanished.
That's a great story and pretty creepy. KY certainly has it's fair share of ghostly encounters.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:07 PM

187 posts, read 128,771 times
Interesting. Pasadena is beautiful. I used to live there.

Old 06-26-2018, 11:16 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
That bridge is both beautiful and fascinating for it's history. The accounts of it being haunted similar to what you've posted are endless.
Really?? Does the OP know this I wonder.

Old 06-27-2018, 07:59 AM

Pasadena's Suicide Bridge - Weird California

This bridge in Pasadena is nicknamed "suicide bridge" for a good reason. Some people in So Cal don't know it by any other name.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:37 PM

2,462 posts, read 2,480,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Really?? Does the OP know this I wonder.

I wasn't aware of this particular bridge, but old bridges in general seem to be hot spots for the paranormal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal