U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 02:45 PM

292 posts, read 211,323 times

Advertisements

Has anyone watched this series of show set in Michigan? I thought this episode was the most entertaining but I am pretty sure a lot of it was faked which ruined the credibility of the true story of this house. I am still on the fence if this reminds me of the Blackwell ghost or if it was authentic. Has anyone else watched this?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2018, 05:24 PM

13,592 posts, read 22,224,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbychic View Post
Has anyone watched this series of show set in Michigan? I thought this episode was the most entertaining but I am pretty sure a lot of it was faked which ruined the credibility of the true story of this house. I am still on the fence if this reminds me of the Blackwell ghost or if it was authentic. Has anyone else watched this?
Where is it available? I only saw a movie on Amazon Prime.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:07 PM

2,588 posts, read 1,973,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbychic View Post

I live 25 miles away from this house right now. I think it's all baloney also. I've lived within a 40 mile radius of this house my whole life (59 years) and never even heard this story until about 4 years ago. I'm not claiming that they are necessarily deliberately faking things, but I think odd things like this can/could be found nearly anywhere, at different times, IF you are looking for it.

Is it "proof" of "ghosts". (meaning dead humans in this case?) NOPE!

Old 06-16-2018, 12:59 PM

20,928 posts, read 5,993,748 times
Anything on TV or in movies about the paranormal is 100% fake, its all scripted. Id bet if you look thru the credits, writers would be in there somewhere.

They would never produce something when they truly didnt know what to expect.

BTW, as far as I know, no one has ever linked ghosts as being dead human beings, we do not know what they are.

Old 06-16-2018, 08:36 PM

4,486 posts, read 1,787,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Anything on TV or in movies about the paranormal is 100% fake, its all scripted. Id bet if you look thru the credits, writers would be in there somewhere.

They would never produce something when they truly didnt know what to expect.

BTW, as far as I know, no one has ever linked ghosts as being dead human beings, we do not know what they are.
A lot of people believed in the story of the Blair Witch Project. The producers did a good job marketing the movie as featuring authentic found footage, to the point that many thought the actors had truly perished.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
A lot of people believed in the story of the Blair Witch Project. The producers did a good job marketing the movie as featuring authentic found footage, to the point that many thought the actors had truly perished.
Yep, 'found footage' movies are a dime a dozen, but Blair Witch really was the spark for that genre imo.

I remember when it first came out, my wife and i argued about whether it was real or not, she thought it was 100% real, I tried to tell her, if such a thing truly happened, they would never release it for the public to see, the most they would say is some hikers went missing in a large forest area, they probably got lost or had an accident and likely perished.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:42 AM

2,369 posts, read 1,544,873 times
tv/movies make up stuff
real hauntings are boring when translated to the big screen

I live in MI
we camp in Saginaw
Ive been to this house and the haunted cemetary

they are both very creepy and there is definitely something going on there...especially in that cemetary...go there at night by yourself and tell me its all a hoax...lol

that said don't go by the tv/movie...same with ammityville house...the book and tv were mostly bs...but that doesnt mean something malevolent is not there

Old 06-21-2018, 07:13 PM

2,588 posts, read 1,973,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
tv/movies make up stuff
real hauntings are boring when translated to the big screen

I live in MI
we camp in Saginaw
Ive been to this house and the haunted cemetary

they are both very creepy and there is definitely something going on there...especially in that cemetary...go there at night by yourself and tell me its all a hoax...lol

that said don't go by the tv/movie...same with ammityville house...the book and tv were mostly bs...but that doesnt mean something malevolent is not there

Pffft, I hate going into cemeteries during the DAY, I sure as heck am NOT going into one at NIGHT!

I believe in "ghost phenomena", (time slips, place memories, demonic influence, etc, NOT dead human spirits) just as much as I believe in Demons.

I NEVER take a chance at messing with anything possibly Demonic...

Old 06-25-2018, 12:52 PM

2,369 posts, read 1,544,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
Pffft, I hate going into cemeteries during the DAY, I sure as heck am NOT going into one at NIGHT!

I believe in "ghost phenomena", (time slips, place memories, demonic influence, etc, NOT dead human spirits) just as much as I believe in Demons.

I NEVER take a chance at messing with anything possibly Demonic...
I was told...long time ago...when talking about Ouija boards
That there is no such thing as "good spirits"...or spirits of people who have moved on...they are gone
The only spirits you can contact with a Ouija board, or any other for of divining...are malevolent "spirits" or "forms of energy"...some are bad...some are pure evil...that old uncle bob you think you are talking to is NOT your uncle bob

I have hairs standing on my neck just typing this...I remember how cold and scared I felt when she told me

Old 06-25-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
I was told...long time ago...when talking about Ouija boards
That there is no such thing as "good spirits"...or spirits of people who have moved on...they are gone
The only spirits you can contact with a Ouija board, or any other for of divining...are malevolent "spirits" or "forms of energy"...some are bad...some are pure evil...that old uncle bob you think you are talking to is NOT your uncle bob

I have hairs standing on my neck just typing this...I remember how cold and scared I felt when she told me
That is correct. I have first hand experience with a Ouija board over 20 yrs ago, the spirits you make contact with are very good at disguising themselves as people you know.

You dont even have to use a real ouija board, one made with carboard, black marker and a piece of glass work just as good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal